Trump proposes wall-for-DACA in bid to end U.S. government shutdown

rooster59

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

Please do share source materials showing where illegals enter the US.

here you go, need anything else that you are too lazy to do for yourself?

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-mexico-wall/where-are-border-barriers-in-place/

Nearly half of all border apprehensions occur near the southernmost tip of Texas.

The area, known as the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector, accounted for 45 percentof all apprehensions in fiscal 2017. From 1998 to 2012, most apprehensions occurred near Tucson

Nearly half of all border apprehensions occur near the southernmost tip of Texas.

The area, known as the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector, accounted for 45 percent of all apprehensions in fiscal 2017. From 1998 to 2012, most apprehensions occurred near Tucson, Arizona. Much of Arizona’s southern border is now fenced off. That has significantly reduced crossings there but led to increased crossings further east, in Texas.

Apprehensions At U.S. Border Patrol Sectors in Fiscal 2017

Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection

, Arizona. Much of Arizona’s southern border is now fenced off. That has significantly reduced crossings there but led to increased crossings further east, in Texas.

Apprehensions At U.S. Border Patrol Sectors in Fiscal 2017

Trumps Wall With Mexico: Where are people crossing illegally into the U.S.?

Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection

So he asks for 6 billion, which is just the start since the wall will need to be expanded and there are maintenance costs as well. Plus what is a wall in itself, surveillance etc. are needed as well.

And in return he offers a temporary reprieve to people who know no other country but the USA, are born and raised there.

Not even worth considering, this is not a serious offer, just postering.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The way potus tried to sell his great ego wall has most certainly been massively racist. Mexicans are rapists, etc. So people supporting that narrative are at least racist friendly.

Cheers

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

in your opinion, that is where it stops

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So he asks for 6 billion, which is just the start since the wall will need to be expanded and there are maintenance costs as well. Plus what is a wall in itself, surveillance etc. are needed as well.

And in return he offers a temporary reprieve to people who know no other country but the USA, are born and raised there.

Not even worth considering, this is not a serious offer, just postering.

So nothing at all is better than the offer? They want complete political capitulation from Trump for nothing more than political optics. I dont ever want to read another liberal or democrat grandstand about 800k workers again. Blatantly obvious they dont care. 

15 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

So nothing at all is better than the offer? They want complete political capitulation from Trump for nothing more than political optics. I dont ever want to read another liberal or democrat grandstand about 800k workers again. Blatantly obvious they dont care. 

They want real negotiations.

52 minutes ago, stevenl said:

They want real negotiations.

Like what? The objective with border security is to stop the flow of illegal migrants, stop the flow of drugs, stop human trafficking, take away incentives that entice them to come, and to save the country money in the long term. 

Nothing Democrats have put forward does anything in this regard. 

i wish the united states democratic party could be transferred to run thailand then i/we wouldnt need to worry about overstays, illegal entries, visas, 90 day reporting, visa runs, health care, housing, etc etc.  would be great

13 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Like what? The objective with border security is to stop the flow of illegal migrants, stop the flow of drugs, stop human trafficking, take away incentives that entice them to come, and to save the country money in the long term. 

Nothing Democrats have put forward does anything in this regard. 

As always you're confusing 'border security' and 'wall'.

The rest of your post, sigh.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As always you're confusing 'border security' and 'wall'.

The rest of your post, sigh.

Only the most partisan liberal would think border security wouldn't include walls and barriers. I mean damn what is it that you want? A mile wide highway for migrants with pit stops along the way for healthcare, housing, food/water, courts, judges, transport, and everything else needed to move all those people? Because thats an exaggerated version of what the Democrats are proposing. 

7 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Only the most partisan liberal would think border security wouldn't include walls and barriers. I mean damn what is it that you want? A mile wide highway for migrants with pit stops along the way for healthcare, housing, food/water, courts, judges, transport, and everything else needed to move all those people? Because thats an exaggerated version of what the Democrats are proposing. 

In fact, the prospect of travel for these immigrants is already so attractive that they are eager to pay guides $10,000 just to get them over the border.

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Trump has ordered Thousands of Government Employees back to work without pay.

Why do they not tell him where to shove their jobs and find employment elsewhere???

I presume thousands have, and they are the the better employees who will find it easier to get other employment, when this is over there will be a hell of a problem filling vacancies. 

Federal employees will get back pay and after 20 years, pensions for life - or beyond - paid to their spouses.  You cant get that type of retirement benefit from anyone - except the US government., funded by tax payers. The federal government pension deficit is at $7 Trillion at present. (another pending item congress needs to address)   https://www.google.com/search?q=government+pensions+out+of+control&rlz=1CAASUE_enUS748US760&oq=gover&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i59l2j0l2.3124j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Spoken like a good little parroting democrat. 

Parroting? Dems? Lmao

build a wall, Mexico will pay

lock her up

lock her up

lock her up

lock her up

yall parrot so much you’ve grown feathers... fly away, fly away

35 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Nobody is saying border security doesn't include barriers.

What you, others here and Trump are claiming is the other way: walls and border security are used as being synonymous.

And no, the rest of your post is not an exaggeration, it is tripe.

31 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Only someone who’s deaf and blind would refuse to acknowledge that dems are happy to talk about border security, including fencing as appropriate.

only someone who’s deaf and blind would refuse to acknowledge that dems are happy to fund border security, minus a wall, until the true scope of the wall is revealed, and to then negotiate on that

only someone set on trolling would throw in an outrageous exaggeration, whilst debating the issue... and then be silly enough to admit it’s an exaggeration... I mean... damn! ????????????????????

30 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Federal employees will get back pay and after 20 years, pensions for life - or beyond - paid to their spouses.  You cant get that type of retirement benefit from anyone - except the US government., funded by tax payers. The federal government pension deficit is at $7 Trillion at present. (another pending item congress needs to address)   https://www.google.com/search?q=government+pensions+out+of+control&rlz=1CAASUE_enUS748US760&oq=gover&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i59l2j0l2.3124j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

wrong. it's 3.5 trillion. And apparently Republicans are so concerned that they passed a tax cut that will add at least 2 trillion to the deficit over the next 10 years.

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

You dog-piling libs here keep trolling and insulting, calling people racist, ignorant, but you yourselves dont even understand what the Dems are proposing. You are so hard into your echo-chambers that Pelosi could write a funding bill that says dem voters have to eat white dog poo 2 times a day and you'd defend it. 

So.... let’s see.... given the general tone and quantity of insults that you include in your post (example above), whilst proposing that it’s something that liberals do..... ????????????.... I got it... you must be a liberal ????????????.. a really really die hard Hillary loving liberal from somewhere well west of leftsville, because that’s some hard core insults your tossing about.

4 hours ago, Thainesss said:

And do you really want to compare the results of israel before and israel after the wall? Its like 90% on all fronts in illegal crossing reduction and suicide bombings. 

Damn.... are those little Mexican kids wearing suicide vests now?

thats it... you’ve convinced me... build a wall, lock her up.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Really?

Ask the Israelis how many tunnels they have found under their "impenetrable" wall. It might be interesting to know how much that wall has cost.

I guess there is no point in putting a safe in your home to protect your valuables. I hear they can be broken into.  Probably shouldn't put your money in the bank either. I heard a bank got robbed once. 

11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Pelosi must be making the DACA crowd somewhat nervous now. It's really too bad she is holding them hostage over the wall...

What makes your comment dubious is that Trump's DACA order has been countermanded by a federal court. And it looks like the Supreme Court is in no mood to take it up. So as far as DACA goes, Trump is most likely offering nothing.

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

so your opinion must be a factual reality?

Just  as  factual as the comment I was replying to.

It is not worth continuing a discussion with such infantile comments.  "

If you are going to engage please try to Keep up.

3 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Democrats funding bill does nothing to combat illegal immigration. It literally facilitates migration with zero being done to take away any incentive what-so-ever to limit illegal migration, and the enormous cost to the country. You dog-piling libs here keep trolling and insulting, calling people racist, ignorant, but you yourselves dont even understand what the Dems are proposing. You are so hard into your echo-chambers that Pelosi could write a funding bill that says dem voters have to eat white dog poo 2 times a day and you'd defend it. 

None of you care about border security, and none of you care about the 5.7 billion. Illegal immigration costs hundreds of billions of dollars, so spare me. For some twisted reason, liberals have gone so far to the left they've fallen off the chart, but somehow you jokers feel like conservatives are the extreme ones... 

End of the day there is no face saving way for democrats to end the shutdown. 

Because it is literally and specifically the democrats fault. They know, 100%, that the government is going to be shut down and they do not care. They dont care about DACA, they dont care about TPS people, they certainly dont care about the 800k workers. Its ALL POLITICS. They will refuse to open the government for as long as they perceive themselves as winning. 

No objective person could possibly have a problem with more border security, including barriers, considering the overall costs to the country without it. Trump has completely illuminated the Democrat Party as the party of illegal immigration and forced them so hard left that they are unrecognizable from even 5 years ago. What the democrats are proposing is billions in funding to FACILITATE the migration and processing, and thats the polar opposite of "border security". 

As usual no real answers just rants and insulting the posters.

If that is the best you can offer then you are truly a Trump supporter.

I can't be bothered to respond to you any more, so it's off to my ignore list to join the others of your ilk.

4 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Please do share source materials showing where illegals enter the US.

"The key research on "overstays" -- the working term for this group of unauthorized immigrants Ramos had in mind -- was undertaken in 1997 by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. The INS estimated that overstays accounted for 41 percent of the undocumented."

"Since 2000, arrivals from Mexico, who are about 85-90 percent 'entries without inspection,' have plummeted, while overstays have increased,  "

liuvA65N-tiWF1Y675TFhC8k1X5_zRwxmIPYtXoFmt6YiQM1n-sfQZZPBbM4oQq6Au-jFG2qK08D-hDJfr6IrNGw6pMaFpsf2CE0zNTkmlnveigLIRrQlHjuY0lI8xLxc1Iu5DY

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/sep/08/jorge-ramos/ramos-40-undocumented-immigrants-come-air/

3 hours ago, Opl said:

MAGA generation at its best, perfectly mirrors American values under Trump Presidency

Totally shocking news.

i urge trumpers here to distantiate themselves from this ugly manifestation of disrespect.

58 minutes ago, stevenl said:

What you, others here and Trump are claiming is the other way: walls and border security are used as being synonymous

what is being said is that it is a necessary PART of increased security and reduced illegal crossings

4 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

what is being said is that it is a necessary PART of increased security and reduced illegal crossings

But but but dems think walls are appropriate in certain areas.... or something.... they think walls are so appropriate that they refuse to even consider a funding package that includes any money for walls... Or.... Something.... Whatever it is, it's clearly very serious and certainly not political or anything. You know,  because their priority is border security, and not hate-trump obstruction politics while dangling 800k workers around and pointing at Trump. 

Or something. 

Must be extremely hard being a liberal and the mental gymnastics it involves. 

Archived