Ho Chi Minh City non-o M thai spouse visa

Thanks for clear precise report. I'm in bui vien street right now. Your so correct about nice chilled place. Add one small tip to others coming for a visa. Jump on the 109 yellow bus (to the right of airport exit doors) 20,000 dong 1 USD to district 1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

thanks for the info

if you do NON-O in laos... they dont ask any letter from wife. and also you can pay in baht

the rest of your docs are as same in laos too.

thanks

right. I have been to savannakhet. but, like I said, in particular for those of us that live up north in CM or CR, HCMC is going to much faster and much less hassle than SAV is going to be. But if time is not as valuable for some people, SAV is a nice choice.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for clear precise report. I'm in bui vien street right now. Your so correct about nice chilled place. Add one small tip to others coming for a visa. Jump on the 109 yellow bus (to the right of airport exit doors) 20,000 dong 1 USD to district 1. 

Thanks for the bus info, nice to know, I'll try that bus from a'port to my hotel in Dist. 1.

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 2:29 PM, homemade514 said:

thai wife house book copy *signed

Hi there

I am a little unsure of this requirement.  

Do I need to be on my wife's House Book Copy or do I just need a certified copy of it WITHOUT me on it?  

Thank you 

21 minutes ago, CodyB said:

Do I need to be on my wife's House Book Copy or do I just need a certified copy of it WITHOUT me on it?  

Your cannot be listed in a blue house book. 

A copy of your wife's house book registry (page i and the page she shown on) and ID card signed by her is what is needed.

I just returned from a successful trip to HCMC Vietnam for my Non-Immigrant O, Multiple Entry based on a Thai Spouse visa. NO proof of funds required.

The list of requirements on their website are correct and up to date. I had zero issues, drop off in the morning 8:30-11:30am  and pick up the next day in the afternoon 1:30-3:00pm. I arrived both days just a few minutes before doors opened and I was third in line, in/out within 3 minutes both times.

The fee is $200 USD only, no Thai Baht or Vietnamese currency allowed.

The list of requirements are listed below. The visa itself is slightly more expensive than Savannakhet, however for those of us who live up North, HCMC is by far, much easier to travel to than Savannakhet as Chiang Mai has a direct flight and, like myself, flew from CR-HCMC via Don Muang on air asia, total travel time about 5 hours (2hr flight from CM). HCMC is a very cheap city to stay in for a couple of days with so much do to, very good food and great beverages to drink. I highly recommend it.

passport w/ 6mo. validity
copy of passport
application form w/ one 3.5x4.5cm photo (website says 4x6 however they take 3.5x4.5)
marriage certificate (for show and they give it right back)
copy of marriage certificate front and back
thai wife ID copy *signed
thai wife house book copy *signed
hand written letter from thai wife addressed to the consulate requesting the visa
$200 USD

Hope this can help somebody. 
Thanks for this. Looks like I'm heading there in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, problemfarang said:

thanks for the info

if you do NON-O in laos... they dont ask any letter from wife. and also you can pay in baht

the rest of your docs are as same in laos too.

thanks

For me going to Savannakhet is much less hassle and cheaper. I might try HCMC next year, only because my Thai wife is interested to go there.

Yes Vietnam is more interesting than Laos. But you have to pay more obviously.

I am going to HCM city next week in order to obtain Non-O (Spouse visa) together with my Thai wife. As posted earlier I have prepared all except proof of bank statement (400K for 2 months), however I am still worrying a bit if anything changed recently. Any body has the latest update?

In addition, I wonder whether they will allow only 3 months visa or even it is possible to obtain 1 year visa with the stated documents.

Kind information will be greatly appreciated!

17 hours ago, RoyDee said:

For me going to Savannakhet is much less hassle and cheaper. I might try HCMC next year, only because my Thai wife is interested to go there.

Yes Vietnam is more interesting than Laos. But you have to pay more obviously.

I checked their e-booking website and the form there will ask you whether you have finance statement or not. If i am wrong, please correct me

22 minutes ago, Kon Kaoli said:

I checked their e-booking website and the form there will ask you whether you have finance statement or not. If i am wrong, please correct me

There is no e booking website to apply at Ho Chi Minh City.

21 minutes ago, Kon Kaoli said:

I am going to HCM city next week in order to obtain Non-O (Spouse visa) together with my Thai wife. As posted earlier I have prepared all except proof of bank statement (400K for 2 months), however I am still worrying a bit if anything changed recently. Any body has the latest update?

In addition, I wonder whether they will allow only 3 months visa or even it is possible to obtain 1 year visa with the stated documents.

Kind information will be greatly appreciated!

These are the documents you require for a Non-Imm O based on marriage to a Thai national

from the HCMC Royal Thai Consulate web site

129498877_ScreenShot2019-07-09at14_31_06.png.05ac4afa244cf6ce52a8815b474f6e4d.png

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1079547-ho-chi-minh-city-non-o-m-thai-spouse-visa/

1 hour ago, ozfarang said:

These are the documents you require for a Non-Imm O based on marriage to a Thai national

from the HCMC Royal Thai Consulate web site

129498877_ScreenShot2019-07-09at14_31_06.png.05ac4afa244cf6ce52a8815b474f6e4d.png

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1079547-ho-chi-minh-city-non-o-m-thai-spouse-visa/

Thank you so much

I also checked requirement in the websites of Thai consulates but only Korea and HCM websites don't request for bank statement so I decided to go to HCM for visa obtainment.

It seems the website info. is correct.

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Kon Kaoli said:

Thank you so much

I also checked requirement in the websites of Thai consulates but only Korea and HCM websites don't request for bank statement so I decided to go to HCM for visa obtainment.

It seems the website info. is correct.

Many thanks!

south korea no longer provides the non-o multiple based on spouse as of about a year ago. i went there 2 visas ago and was planning on going this last time, but i emailed them to confirm no-finances was still the case and they responded saying they no longer can provide the multiple entry, only single.

15 hours ago, homemade514 said:

south korea no longer provides the non-o multiple based on spouse as of about a year ago. i went there 2 visas ago and was planning on going this last time, but i emailed them to confirm no-finances was still the case and they responded saying they no longer can provide the multiple entry, only single.

I also found that I am only eligible to apply for multi entry visa at Thai embassy in Seoul (home country only). Regarding proof of finance, I will keep all here updated once I obtain without it successfully.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 1:02 PM, Kon Kaoli said:

I also found that I am only eligible to apply for multi entry visa at Thai embassy in Seoul (home country only). Regarding proof of finance, I will keep all here updated once I obtain without it successfully.

Thank you

I am surprised that you, as a South Korean citizen, are unable to apply for a Non O spouse visa in places like Ho Chi Minh City and Savannakhet. Where did you learn that this is not possible?

1 hour ago, TransAm2002 said:
On 8/3/2019 at 4:25 PM, homemade514 said:
yes

Thank you, homemade514. worth trying in Ho Chi Minh.

yes. I am the OP of this thread. I obtained the non-o ME visa based on thai spouse earlier this year with zero issues. no finances required.