Dutch tourist claims he was abused and had drugs planted on him by Pattaya police

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Thai police supposedly recently adopted a regulation that all interrogations ARE supposed to be video recorded... But I doubt most/many/any of the stations have actually implemented that yet.

And even if they do in the future, I'm sure the Thai police will find their own ways to transact their business in ways/places that don't manage to get captured on video.

It is what it is. My maid knows all the ‘safe’ places to slack off with her smart phone in the house even though I had 8 cameras inside the house. By the same token, my workers also know where the ‘safe’ places are in the warehouse with 32 cameras working. 

13 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

Not so, according to some sources.  Where did you find that delightful picture? ????

Just use Google , he is not shy when it comes to pictures. Also a motorbike racer , he bragged about winning races in India and Thailand.  Complete failure imo. 

1 minute ago, balo said:

Just use Google , he is not shy when it comes to pictures. Also a motorbike racer , he bragged about winning races in India and Thailand.  Complete failure imo. 

Andrew Drummond has the low-down on Monsieur Perenon.  A very nasty character indeed.  He also took part in the arrest of the Russian "sex trainers" last year and threatened the editor of Khaosod English for reporting on the story.  I personally know someone who he attempted to extort money from last year and have seen the evidence with my own eyes. ????

31 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

I have an elite visa and I'm getting tired of this stuff, I will leave this country very soon. I don't feel safe here, and it's not the overstayers the problem.

I'm having second thoughts about the Elite-Visa myself after reading this...

Nothing worse for tourism then these kind of news.

So if you stay out late and come home in the early morning, we're going to get you. I  have no dealings

with Thai Police but if I had to I would have my attorney on hand, Plus I would never be on the

street at 3:30 AM in Thailand. I would side with the Dutch man and never trust that TPs (that would be Tourist Police).

12 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I am going to say something here that is going to be unpopular, but it will be known here on Thaivisa that I always say what I think, so here goes.

Anyone found drunk and incapable in public, should be fined and locked up for the night, I emphasis. drunk

and "incapable".

I assume you are one of these guys Pee paub, why can you not just go out, have a drink and enjoy yourself without having to stagger home or back to your hotel without annoying people on the way, remember, I said "incapable".

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I believe the tourist in this case.

Nothing will happen with this 'investigation' unless Mr Weele goes viral on Facebook with this.

I agree and he also should use Twitter like the asylum woman at the airport. 

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I am going to say something here that is going to be unpopular, but it will be known here on Thaivisa that I always say what I think, so here goes.

Anyone found drunk and incapable in public, should be fined and locked up for the night, I emphasis. drunk

and "incapable".

What tests were done to prove he was drunk

2 minutes ago, Netease said:

What tests were done to prove he was drunk

I am talking about in general, I do not know if the Dutchman was drunk or not, and it is my opinion that he was telling the truth.

When I say "incapable" I mean making a nuisance of himself to other people, being aggressive, walking out on the road without looking etc.

45 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am talking about in general, I do not know if the Dutchman was drunk or not, and it is my opinion that he was telling the truth.

When I say "incapable" I mean making a nuisance of himself to other people, being aggressive, walking out on the road without looking etc.

Not really relevant to this topic then, is it? Nothing to suggest the dutchman was doing anything wrong or being a pain in the ass, and I'm sure Thailand has plenty of laws to deal with annoying drunks, just as most countries do. I'm just certain those laws don't extend to assault, extortion and planting of evidence

Isn't it time that the French government took steps to deal with  its  citizen who is allegedly involved in  extortion and  foreign corruption? Before anyone says, impossible, I note that almost all western countries have introduced very explicit laws in respect to their nationals aiding and abetting corruption in foreign lands. Such people  are liable for  prosecution in their own countries. The days of being untouchable ended a couple years ago.  All it takes is a documented complaint to the French embassy. The Dutch national should file his complaint there.

22 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

I would never trust TP...

sounds like the dutch guy  had bought some drugs and police were waiting for him and with him been caught he is saying it was planted he will get nowhere with this and doubt if there was a french guy , looks like he paid 40,000 bt to police to let him off and now wants it back 

Unfortunately there might not be enough evidence to back up the claim 

Even if true

Need to remember your time line of everything that happened so the investigators can check all cameras atm withdrawals extra 

Even if the drugs were yours still not allowed to gibe a tip to make it go away 

Just be careful when making a complaint like this 

As if they can prove the drugs were yours you could go to prison.

As for the French man he was probably following orders like a translator.

Hope all works itself out

If they are wrong they should get trouble 

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

So you just went off topic to complain about people who get too drunk? The guy in the OP admitted to being drunk, but seemed not to be making an aggressive nuisance of himself, merely stopping at a shop.

2 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

sounds like the dutch guy  had bought some drugs and police were waiting for him and with him been caught he is saying it was planted he will get nowhere with this and doubt if there was a french guy , looks like he paid 40,000 bt to police to let him off and now wants it back 

Is it tough living life while so naive? Have a read of some of the other articles about the Frenchy and his mates and then come and make an informed comment. 

Archived