Unauthorised payment of 2800 baht today on my scb acount how is the process to report it ?

Ecom is E commerce. Looks like someone has used your card to but something online.

Didn't you set up your card so it is linked to your telephone number? That way you get a message with a code that you need to enter before payment can be made.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

SCB transaction codes are here https://www.scbeasy.com/online/easynet/page/srv/srv_mpg_tcd.aspx but I don't see ECOM (closest is ENET - internet banking).

Probably easiest to go to your local bank with your bankbook, passport and phone and ask them what it was and where it went.

And politely insist on an answer.

And/or ask the branch staff to call their HO and give you the phone.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

And politely insist on an answer.

And/or ask the branch staff to call their HO and give you the phone.

Good advice (especially the polite bit)

I did this after a similar event.

SCB in the branch were very helpful, recognised the problem immediately then phoned head office and after a brief discussion handed the phone to me, I explained and confirmed details and they promised to follow up.

A month later the disputed amount was credited to my account.

I have just spoken to my wife who is a Department Director for the SCB Head Office Bangkok and her suggestion is “Take all your information and evidence of this transaction to your local SCB Branch and the Staff / Manager are duty bound to investigate this issue or pass it on to a more senior department to do so. . . . . 

I hope this helps. . . . .  

It's e-commerce payment. Buying something with VISA online.

My advice is; don't sign your card. (or just use your initials, some deps. like central1 want something writen on the card)

Scratch out the 3 or 4 CCV code, after put that somewhere else without marks.

For your case now, if you are near or passing a police station get a file (if the SCB is near more, go to the police if the SCB tell you to do) and walk into a SCB branch.

Cancel card, replace it with a new one.

Rgds,

On 1/24/2019 at 6:07 PM, shaurene said:

I have been with SCB for 12+ years found them ace. Very help full on all matters.

you should have office phone num on card to call and press 9 for English.

18 years and have never had a problem..........ATM, Internet banking, On-Line purchases..........all A-OK.   They can and will find out what the ECOM charge was, when it was made and from where.    Good Luck

8 hours ago, donim said:

It's e-commerce payment. Buying something with VISA online.

My advice is; don't sign your card. (or just use your initials, some deps. like central1 want something writen on the card)

Scratch out the 3 or 4 CCV code, after put that somewhere else without marks.

For your case now, if you are near or passing a police station get a file (if the SCB is near more, go to the police if the SCB tell you to do) and walk into a SCB branch.

Cancel card, replace it with a new one.

Rgds,

If he is in Bangkok, go to Lumpini Police Station on Wireless road, there is an SCB Main Branch right next door to the US Embassy............I lost my bankbook and got a police report 150 baht and went back to the bank, in 45 mins I had a new bankbook and a credit card (I didn't have one before that)   They even offered me a line of credit for 4 million baht - but had to buy one of their properties in Bangkok - told them I was not interested but Thank you very much.

Archived