Bangkok Taco Bell fans binge on comfort food, and possibly, regret

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Better for the arteries and overall health eating Thai with a lot of veggies.  I'll let the new generation experiment with obesity, arteriosclerosis, and diabetes.  You gain a lot of wisdom by abusing your body in your youth if you're smart enough to clean up your act later in life.  :smile:

Except, eating Thai veggies isn't necessarily such a healthy thing because of their rampant pesticide residues...

And regarding Taco Thailand, apart from not offering any beef, they also doesn't have any vegetarian or seafood options on their menu either....  Chicken or pork, that's it!

FWIW, I passed by Taco Thailand on the way home tonight about 8 pm, and they still had a line out the door and stretching the entire frontage length of the Mercuryville mall there.

Reminds me a lot of the grand opening period of the first Krispy Kreme dognuts place at Siam Paragon (which has the same Thai franchise holder as Taco Thailand) when they had similar kinds of lines for the first weeks until the novelty wore off on the locals, and then eventually, no lines at all.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, phkauf said:

Of all the American Fast Food, why oh why can't we get Chick-Fil-A or In 'n Out????

That's actually stuff you want to eat. Taco Hell is just plain crap.

You want to make money you cater for the local market, not the 0.01% farangs who can tell the difference ... ???? 

11 hours ago, fforest1 said:

... Bean burritos is by far the best thing at Taco Bell..... 

I've eaten hundreds here in the US.  Used to get one for lunch every day during the week.  They had an outlet in a department store.  Got to where I would walk in and by the time I got to the counter, my burrito would already be at the register.  Telepathic ordering.  When my son was killed in Iraq, the cook lady would just hand me the bag.  Didn't charge me for a couple weeks until I insisted on paying.  (Same with the local pub.)

The other day, I had one for $1.39  (used to be 99 cents) and also a $1 potato soft taco.  30 packs of hot sauce was just enough. (Their cost is less than two cents a pack for the sauce.)

A new one opened locally and I have a 2-for-1 coupon for bean burritos.  (Might be dangerous now, as it's winter and I can't leave the windows open for ventilation.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

Get taco shells and beef from Foodland. Add cumin and beans. Done.

Easiest dish to cook in the world. It's very hard to mess up. The spices are very forgiving. Just watch the salt.

Great, then I don't need to go the extra mile and can make Tacos to myself, 555555 

Here in the US I can get wheat flour tortillas really cheap and they will last a long time in the refrigerator. Two weeks or more. Have a favorite Mexican hot sauce (Valentina) that costs about 60 Baht per liter.   Beans are ridiculously cheap. Cumin and such spices are cheap at the Indian grocery stores. Cheese is reasonable.