Immigration Success

35 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

So how much of that monthly pension was transferred from US to Thailand to live on please?

I never transferred any of my pension to a Thai bank.  I simply showed my monthly pension deposited into a US bank.  That option will no longer be available for us.  Immigration wants our money deposited into a Thai bank.  I was born in the morning but not yesterday morning. ????

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This thread should have been tilted "immigration success at PHITSANULOK". Fact is comfy relationships with Thai imm perhaps is possible in the boom docks. Try that at CW and all the other more farang places. I go phit because it has airport and able to go sukhothai and the mountains. Good roads also. When i see a farang i take a picture to prove some live there. Anyway after 4 pages I'm still waiting for the more crazy imm locations. Where you don't get served scones and tea. For the member posted earlier moving there and asking about bars!

Ha good luck with that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I never transferred any of my pension to a Thai bank.  I simply showed my monthly pension deposited into a US bank.  That option will no longer be available for us.  Immigration wants our money deposited into a Thai bank.  I was born in the morning but not yesterday morning. ????

How did you live in Thailand?

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I simply go the bank when I need money.  I show the bank teller my passport along with my US bank debit card and they give me the money in Thai baht.  Then I use a Chase credit card anytime I can which gives me cash back. ????

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I simply go the bank when I need money.  I show the bank teller my passport along with my US bank debit card and they give me the money in Thai baht.  Then I use a Chase credit card anytime I can which gives me cash back. ????

OK. But if you want to stay here, you will have to comply with their new regulations. Pain in the a**e but that's how it is from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

OK. But if you want to stay here, you will have to comply with their new regulations. Pain in the a**e but that's how it is from now.

That is why I'll have to leave, lol. This time next year there won't be any long lines, and there will be plenty of empty seats in immigration. 

• Haha 1

well if that is the case I am up sh*t creek with the combination method. I have a British Embassy proof of income letter sitting in the house ready for my annual retirement extension due in March.

Edited by phutoie2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

A different take on the combination method when it comes to extensions of stay. On Saturday I played golf in Bangkok with a senior IO. Once we had done with the pleasantries and I became aware that he was a high ranking IO I put some questions to him in an unofficial capacity, as follows, with his responses.

1. I asked why was it necessary for a person on a marriage visa to only have 400k baht when a retiree needs 800k. The married farang not only has himself to support, but a wife and possibly 1 or more kids, whereas on a retirement visa, in most cases the farang is a single man.  The response was " I can't answer that because I don't know. 5555. You have to blame the politicians for that rule.

2. I pointed out that there was a lot of confusion with regards to the combination method as to whether it still applied or not. Without any hesitation he said "no confusion, it does not apply anymore". He further stated that Big Joke had issued a directive to ALL Immigration Offices that effective from 1 January 2562 (2019) the combination method was no longer applicable, it was only the stated monthly income stream into a Thai bank or 400/800k in the bank.  He also mentioned, unofficially of course, that eventually income stream would also be abolished and it would only be 400/800k in the bank, AND that in the future, at a date to be determined, that Immigration would no longer be accepting letters from any embassies because too many of them were issuing letters without verifying that the stated incomes were actually genuine.

He further made the point of saying that after the election, a civilian govt could more than likely change all the rules again.

That's a great insider report gossip and thank you for it, and there is nothing in it that should shock or surprise anyone that has been paying attention.

However, that doesn't mean that it's actually true.

As I've said many times, during this current period of unusually large amount of uncertainty, if you want the surest bet there is right now, go for a pure bank method, seasoned, and you can walk into immigration with confidence. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

... He also mentioned, unofficially of course, that eventually income stream would also be abolished and it would only be 400/800k in the bank,

This would not surprise me at all, given they have basically invited easy-fraud (via sending money back and forth) with none of the harsh consequences of lying on a stat-doc, with the new method.  It seems like a set-up.

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

AND that in the future, at a date to be determined, that Immigration would no longer be accepting letters from any embassies because too many of them were issuing letters without verifying that the stated incomes were actually genuine.

In other words, too many letters still cutting into their "agent" action.  You can stay as long as you want w/o the money (or income), but they want their annual payoff.

Hi WG-I too live in Phits. Last AprIl before a trip back to Australia,I got a re-entry permit from Imm. I asked if I needed to lodge a TM 30 when I returned and was told no, not necessary. I went to Imm. when I first moved here from Phuket and I have a slip of paper in my passport saying I have notified them of my address. I will go and see them before I go to make sure of the requirements. As said they are a very good bunch of people at Phits. Imm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wazzadg44 said:

Hi WG-I too live in Phits. Last AprIl before a trip back to Australia,I got a re-entry permit from Imm. I asked if I needed to lodge a TM 30 when I returned and was told no, not necessary. I went to Imm. when I first moved here from Phuket and I have a slip of paper in my passport saying I have notified them of my address. I will go and see them before I go to make sure of the requirements. As said they are a very good bunch of people at Phits. Imm.

Please let me know whether you get the same answer or not.