Immigration Success

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

"Big Boss came back and said to my GF in Thai, that as long as my ANNUAL INCOME from Foreign sources, whether it be GBP or THB"

That's the big stumbling block for a lot of us, showing that the annual income is from foreign sources. A Bangkok Bank account could be the answer, although some have said that even that doesn't always indicate an international transfer. I'm willing to be corrected.

Encouraging though, hope Pattaya Immigration are just as accommodating, although I seem to remember someone on here recently saying that PI told him that only the money on deposit method was acceptable.

Thanks for posting the report of your visit.

My BKK account shows each and every swift transfer I do as a FTT. The money is direct deposited in my account no stop over banks or other such mucking up affairs. My bank calls me about 11pm Thai time to confirm my information I go to bed wake up the next morning go to the bank make a withdrawal and the FTT is shown

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wgdanson said:

YES. Dunno about you, but 65k a month doesn't go THAT far if you have HEalth Insurance, wife & kids insurance, school fees, run a Vigo tax & insurance, internet & phones, and like the occasional bevvy or nice meal in or out.

I am not complaining at all. I could be in a 5k a month hovel in Pattaya wanking myself stupid and eating pot noodles if I wanted to. But would still need 800k a year to stay here!

I don't think the IO gives a monkey's where I spend it. I could easily speak to DeeMoney.

Hmmm

Do you know how much an average pensioner in the UK gets plus/ with his "free" NHS?

Then again they won't have the extended expenses. Kids will be grown up. Only has his own phone (not phones) and no need for a fancy car. 

Thai financial requirements were set when all the currency exchange rates were much higher than they are now.

Once you have a house paid for

A car paid up. It's just disposable income..I have yet to meet an average working Thai that gets 65k per month

Well, I'll be retiring to Phitsanulok next year, looking at opening small business with the GF, her family (she currently works for her father) are not short of a bob or 2, and are well versed in Thai business,  let's hope all is still good. But I will still be having a monthly / bi-monthly trip tp Pattaya to see my friends.

BTW wgdanson, not many farang bars in PHS, unless they're hidden away?

1 minute ago, spoon1967 said:

Well, I'll be retiring to Phitsanulok next year, looking at opening small business with the GF, her family (she currently works for her father) are not short of a bob or 2, and are well versed in Thai business,  let's hope all is still good. But I will still be having a monthly / bi-monthly trip tp Pattaya to see my friends.

BTW wgdanson, not many farang bars in PHS, unless they're hidden away?

Too true Mr Spoon. That's why I have my own private one here in my house, no bulls***ing falangs, don't have to drive home or buy the Mrs a drink. If I need company, I call my mate in Roi Et via Skype and we sort the world out!

And my homebrew is getting better all the time....better,better,beeeetter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maprao said:

Hmmm

Do you know how much an average pensioner in the UK gets plus/ with his "free" NHS?

Then again they won't have the extended expenses. Kids will be grown up. Only has his own phone (not phones) and no need for a fancy car. 

Thai financial requirements were set when all the currency exchange rates were much higher than they are now.

Once you have a house paid for

A car paid up. It's just disposable income..I have yet to meet an average working Thai that gets 65k per month

Or an average working THai who has 240 sq mtr house paid for, car paid for (with insurance !), health insurance for the family instead of queueing for hours in Govt hospital, 100 mb/s internet, and a savings pot for the Mrs for when he pops it.

Yes, the State Pension is a joke, but as Tesco says, every bit helps. So prudently, I took out private pensions when I was self employed and am quite comfortable now.

I do not think however, I would have enough to live as I do here, in the UK.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I got them to write it all down for me.

Your remark "as long as it adds up to 800K"..

65K baht X 12 = 780K baht

Which brings me to this scenario:

If someone is going to try to deposit the bare minimum or deposit as close to 65K a month to satisfy the 65K a month deposited into a Thai bank method, "May" get a surprise when the IO tells you, you don't make enough for a one year extension.

Before this change, last year as I was applying for a one year extension, using an Income affidavit that reflected more than 65K a month income/pension. The IO grabbed a calculator and told me I don't make enough.

My first response was I make more than 65K, then she replied it needs to add up to 800K. Then showed me the amount on the calculator with a ridiculously low amount.

She times my income by 10 months not 12, then apologized and received the one year extension.

• Haha 2

Nah.  Folks considering that should go for the 8K Baht / mo 22nd floor 45sqm in Jomtien with view of the ocean/islands (a 10-baht ride gets you to Pattaya).  There are plenty of those condos on offer now, thanks to immigration removing so many renters - though were 15K/mo or so, just a few years ago. 

Combine that with eating out every night at beachfront area restaurants (including tip), a 1-hr massage every few days (250 Baht incl/tip), see new movies at the theater and do some shopping with your GF - and still spend about 30K/mo. 

If you need to do Tourist-Visa Trips and extensions, add about 4K/mo (VIP-buses or Flights and no fan-room slumming), and a new passport every 2 yrs.

Health Ins (AXA Group via Pattaya Expats Club): 20K to 35K / yr. for under 60.  34K to 57K / yr for up to 70 (renewable up to age 75).
Never been 15k. I go every year to view talay and always get 10k a month no lease, just a few months 35 to 45 sqm

• Like 1

A bit off topic, as it is about marriage extension.

My wife was told by the emigration, that if I wanted to use the income method, I would need 40.000 a month transferred to my bank account for 12 month before the extension.

They do not care where it comes from, and some of it can be transferred from my pension from oversees, and the rest can come from her income. (Transferred from her Thai bank account.)

As long as 40.000 went into my Thai bank account, they would be happy.
We could of cause use of it for living, as that is the main purpose for it.

1 hour ago, D3030 said:

Your remark "as long as it adds up to 800K"..

65K baht X 12 = 780K baht

Which brings me to this scenario:

If someone is going to try to deposit the bare minimum or deposit as close to 65K a month to satisfy the 65K a month deposited into a Thai bank method, "May" get a surprise when the IO tells you, you don't make enough for a one year extension.

Before this change, last year as I was applying for a one year extension, using an Income affidavit that reflected more than 65K a month income/pension. The IO grabbed a calculator and told me I don't make enough.

My first response was I make more than 65K, then she replied it needs to add up to 800K. Then showed me the amount on the calculator with a ridiculously low amount.

She times my income by 10 months not 12, then apologized and received the one year extension.

Wouldn't it be so much easier if they asked for an ANNUAL FOREIGN INCOME of 800k, verified by your Bank's letter.

That in effect is what my IO here has told me he will accept in THB or GBP, as long as it is instantly available.

And that is how it was with the 'old' Embassy letter, you put down your ANNUAL incomes from whatever sources, added them up ,and then divided by 12.

65k or more you were good to go.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

They do not care where it comes from, and some of it can be transferred from my pension from oversees, and the rest can come from her income. (Transferred from her Thai bank account.)

The rules state the 40k baht has to be transfers from overseas. Perhaps your office had not been informed of the rules yet when they told your wife that.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules state the 40k baht has to be transfers from overseas. Perhaps your office had not been informed of the rules yet when they told your wife that.

See my post no 27, I am NOT married. And nowhere have I personally referred to 40k.

The IO knows that my income will come from overseas, as it has done for several years when verified by the Embassy letters I have used in the past.

He will now accept a minimum of 800k into my Bangkok Bank from abroad, be it in GBP or THB, during the next 12 months (well 11 to go now) until my next extension. 

I explained to him that one of my pension policies had just paid into my FCA £7500, to which he said that was a good sum towards the 800 pension money.

Pension money I can spend, savings money I cannot. 

Immigration Success??  Immigrations new requirement of demanding foreigners send their monthly pensions to a Thai Bank or deposit 800,000 baht into a Thai bank in order to obtain a one year extension is success for who?  It certainly has no benefit for foreigners.  

This is going to be interesting in 2020, to see how many foreigners actually go along with this idiotic plan.  I don't know how the Europeans or Asian countries treat Thais but the Americans are very generous to Thais.  The US offers Thai citizens 10 year visas.  This enables them to spend 6 months a year in the US.  All they have to do is show the means to support themselves while they are there.  

Permanent citizenship is easily obtained by being a spouse of an American.  There are no 90 day checkins, or TM forms for the Thais to submit when they change their address, leave and return to the US or other nonsensical requirements like depositing their money into a US bank.  

The only other requirement I can think of that's left for Thai Immigration to impose on their foreign guests is some sort of GPS devise that all foreigners would be required to wear while residing in Thailand.

I for one will miss living here.  Fortunately, there are a lot of Thai restaurants in the US, so I won't miss the Thai food. Good luck to you feather merchants that are left. I'm sure the Thai banks will take good care of your money for you. ????       

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Immigrations new requirement of demanding foreigners send their monthly pensions to a Thai Bank or deposit 800,000 baht into a Thai bank in order to obtain a one year extension

Nothing new with this, has been going on for many years.

6 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Immigration Success??  Immigrations new requirement of demanding foreigners send their monthly pensions to a Thai Bank or deposit 800,000 baht into a Thai bank in order to obtain a one year extension is success for who?  It certainly has no benefit for foreigners.  

That characterization isn't really accurate.

The only changes are for people using income methods (full and combo) that happen to be from the unlucky nationalities whose embassies have shafted them by discontinuing issuing income letters.

Yes that includes Americans. 

But the previous income method (including combo) stands as it was for all other nationalities (that still issue the letters).

Also the 800K in the bank seasoned is not new at all. I've been using that all along and there is no change to it at all. 

Yes it will be an option that many that have been using an income method that were shafted by their embassies will probably be switching to.

I agree with you, voting with your feet (leaving) is always a valid option!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

See my post no 27, I am NOT married. And nowhere have I personally referred to 40k.

I guess you did notice I was replying to this post.

44 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

My wife was told by the emigration, that if I wanted to use the income method, I would need 40.000 a month transferred to my bank account for 12 month before the extension.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

You're wrong about that for the income methods for the impacted nationals that can no longer get embassy letters. There has never been a requirement to import funds for that, monthly or otherwise. Bank method, yes, no change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jorgendk said:

As long as 40.000 went into my Thai bank account, they would be happy.
We could of cause use of it for living, as that is the main purpose for it.

I think you may have got incorrect information. Tell your wife to try asking Immigration next time.

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

And my homebrew is getting better all the time....better,better,beeeetter.

You make homebrew? I thought it would have been more expensive than buying the ready made.

i hope it is better than the stuff we made when at uni on minimal funds.

Edited by GreasyFingers
addition

On 1/25/2019 at 4:01 PM, wgdanson said:

YES. Dunno about you, but 65k a month doesn't go THAT far if you have HEalth Insurance, wife & kids insurance, school fees, run a Vigo tax & insurance, internet & phones, and like the occasional bevvy or nice meal in or out.

I am not complaining at all. I could be in a 5k a month hovel in Pattaya wanking myself stupid and eating pot noodles if I wanted to. But would still need 800k a year to stay here!

I don't think the IO gives a monkey's where I spend it. I could easily speak to DeeMoney.

or have a mistress/mia lit noi ????

• Confused 1

That's a good choice to be eating a pot noodle while your having a wrist adventure, somewhere to deposit your man fat when the pots empty...

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

You make homebrew? I thought it would have been more expensive than buying the ready made.

i hope it is better than the stuff we made when at uni on minimal funds.

No, using Tipco fruit juice, sugar, lemon juice water & yeast I get a palatable vino. Apple & Pomegranete makes a nice Rose, Mulberry juice a heavy red. Cherry Berry very drinkable.

4 litres cost about 400 Bht.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Not exactly true Mr. Vacuum.  For the last 10 years, I relied on my monthly pension that is deposited into a US bank.  According to immigration, this option will no longer be available.  These people now require me to deposit this money into a Thai bank.  You have to ask yourself, what could possibly go wrong.  ????    

9 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Not exactly true Mr. Vacuum.  For the last 10 years, I relied on my monthly pension that is deposited into a US bank.  According to immigration, this option will no longer be available.  These people now require me to deposit this money into a Thai bank.  You have to ask yourself, what could possibly go wrong.  ????    

So how much of that monthly pension was transferred from US to Thailand to live on please?

This thread should have been tilted "immigration success at PHITSANULOK". Fact is comfy relationships with Thai imm perhaps is possible in the boom docks. Try that at CW and all the other more farang places. I go phit because it has airport and able to go sukhothai and the mountains. Good roads also. When i see a farang i take a picture to prove some live there. Anyway after 4 pages I'm still waiting for the more crazy imm locations. Where you don't get served scones and tea. For the member posted earlier moving there and asking about bars!

Ha good luck with that.

• Like 1