Big Joke arrests corrupt Thai immigration officers issuing fake stamps to foreigners

rooster59

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im sure there has been a few people bumped off for treading other people scams, I mean territory 

Haha, exactly. People actually thinking they are cleaning things up are just too naive. It is always a matter of bumping off the competition so that everything flows their way.

31 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Wait 'til he turns his beady eye on the visa agencies!

Hmm then 10s of 000 would have to leave

Immigration income stream decimated.

I suspect being honest in that would not leave him  very popular among foreigners or his peers

46 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Could be the ONLY honest cop in Thailand.

Leopards and spots. Honesty for him is what other people think, not what is real.

I doubt there are many honest people in Thailand, and this guy certainly isn't one of them, but it will suit him to create that impression and be seen to be helping the government out in a task they have completely failed in.

But it's a game. Charades.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well finally Big Joke is doing something positive.

Just a word of warning though, there are many more in immigration who need rooted out.

This is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

OMG , where will BJ strike  next , not  my visa agent,, please.

Another  sleepess night . 555

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Big Joke ain't no joke.  Could be the most honest cop in Thailand. 

Yes, remains to be seen for the long term but credit where it's due. He can't do everything at once but.

1 hour ago, tingtong said:

not.

he happily let slip his mentor friend the watchman slip away from justice in exchange for yet another promotion.

He's in charge of Immigration not general police & crime work!

59 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Long past time that was done, honest ex-pats have to keep 800.000 for retirement.

Wife did mine yesterday and they scrutinized every last little detail, even questioned the fact that 1 of my accounts only showed the total/ update from last october, never been questioned on that before.

Also IO came out to the pickup to take my photo, and even wanted a photo of my p++s bag, now that is bloody pathetic.

out of all the expats I know - 9 out of 10 of them use agents to get their extensions - one or two have other options if pushed but the rest do not, there would be a mass exodus or people choosing to overstay, one think is for sure - many would be affected 

9 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, remains to be seen for the long term but credit where it's due. He can't do everything at once but.

I do not buy his act for a nanosecond. How many have been arrested and sentenced? The proof is in the pudding. There ain't no pudding folks. It is one big show.

Long past time that was done, honest ex-pats have to keep 800.000 for retirement.
Wife did mine yesterday and they scrutinized every last little detail, even questioned the fact that 1 of my accounts only showed the total/ update from last october, never been questioned on that before.
Also IO came out to the pickup to take my photo, and even wanted a photo of my p++s bag, now that is bloody pathetic.
Col, she only wanted to 'take the piss.'

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not buy his act for a nanosecond. How many have been arrested and sentenced? The proof is in the pudding. There ain't no pudding folks. It is one big show.

Perhaps you're right. We'll see.

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not buy this. I do not believe it is true, or sincere, for a nanosecond. This is meant for public consumption, to ally the fears of additional corruption in the immigration department, due to the changes in visa policy. 

Chiang Mai immigration got a lot better since he stepped in. That's enough for me.

I leave the conspiracy theories to you and the other know-it-all's on TVF.

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

out of all the expats I know - 9 out of 10 of them use agents to get their extensions - one or two have other options if pushed but the rest do not, there would be a mass exodus or people choosing to overstay, one think is for sure - many would be affected 

Don't know in which category these expats are, but your result is very different of the result in my condo :unsure:

When UK Embassy announced it would stop letter, one owner made an unofficial poll among retirees living in the condo: So on 10 people:

- 6 were using Embassy Letter

- 3 were using the 800k in the bank

- barely 1 was using an agent...

No risk of  "mass exodus" :wink:

1 hour ago, HalfLight said:

One wonders where this sudden outbreak of honesty will end up. The army?

This guy had better be a bit careful not to go looking under the big rocks.

Did you mean to write "big rocks" or was it supposed to read "big clocks" ?

(for clarity, like big, expensive watches)

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

out of all the expats I know - 9 out of 10 of them use agents to get their extensions - one or two have other options if pushed but the rest do not, there would be a mass exodus or people choosing to overstay, one think is for sure - many would be affected 

Regarding using agents, wife came out of immigration office with the forms for me to fill for my retirement extension, and i noticed that the forms were different from last year.

Now it clearly states that the person doing the extension must do it in person, unless unable to do it because of disability.

So going by that using agents is not allowed.

27 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Certainly might not bode well to those counting on corruption to get them their next extension, time will tell..

This is nothing to do with extensions, he has had a go at airport immigration before.

4 minutes ago, neeray said:

Did you mean to write "big rocks" or was it supposed to read "big clocks" ?

(for clarity, like big, expensive watches)

Point taken. I meant big rocks. Prawit is one of nature's backward people. His net value approximates to zero in my opinion, and is therefore un-noteworthy..

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well finally Big Joke is doing something positive.

Just a word of warning though, there are many more in immigration who need rooted out.

This is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

I thought he'd already started doing positive things ages ago by rounding up all the dodgy foreigners faking it as teachers and the like.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Wait 'til he turns his beady eye on the visa agencies!

that would be very easy to be done, since they are publicizing their services on FB and other socials shamelessly and with impunity. There are some clearly stating "we fix all paperwork and statements... so it's worry-free" .    

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

I thought he'd already started doing positive things ages ago by rounding up all the dodgy foreigners faking it as teachers and the like.

My point about doing something positive is referring to going after his own, not just foreigners

1 hour ago, tingtong said:

not.

he happily let slip his mentor friend the watchman slip away from justice in exchange for yet another promotion.

A  Big Joke is head of the Immigration police and before that the Tourist police, and

A  The watchman is neither an illegal alien or a tourist.

Archived