Big Joke arrests corrupt Thai immigration officers issuing fake stamps to foreigners

rooster59

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I very much respect this action if it is indeed accurate. Very impressive, and I hope he remains safe and free from the inevitable shouts of 

"Are you Thai?! You fight against Thai people?!" 

Thais like to invoke nationalism whenever they are backed into a corner like this. 

You must live in a different Thailand to I.

Thai people are very happy to see corrupt officials pay for their crimes.

34 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

How does it work, an immigration officer doesn't have to use fake stamps, they can just stamp with the real stamps that they use at work, can someone explain how it works? 

In the Western world all officials using "Official Stamps" (Banks, Legal Authorities etc) sign for their stamp which has an ID/Tracing embedded so the higher ups know who "signed/stamped" the document and can therefore trace who the stamp was issued to at the time in question. 

Not exactly rocket science!

1 hour ago, poohy said:

So lets assume at least 10 % use agents (i assume thats way way on the low side)

It will cause hardship to foreigners and thai families  //

How can you know that?

Many of farangs using agents do it because it's the easiest way for them to stay, but if ever agents are no more an option, I think that most of these farangs will just use another option, maybe the 400/800k in bank. Not a so big deal for most of them.

This whole witchhunting seems to be aimed at increasing tourism. Call it the great inquisition of LOS. What will be in stock for the Farangs remaining is as clear as the Maenam during Monsoon.

Sure each country needs law and order, however, are those small fries caught in the net really making a difference..

The big sharks aren't those who languish in immigration cells, rather white desk operatives with access to Mega millions. They will outlast the present and future gov. Comes down to the old GI's R&R wisdom, no money no honey, and all it's variations.

Grace, Windsor rest for good.

8 hours ago, Ossy said:

Photo-shop's favourite model is caught thinking, It's not just me that's a joke, it's the whole sodding country.

My Thai wife and family are decent people and many others are....So I strongly object to your insult.

This country is not paradise but I live here since more than 30 years and despite shortcomings it is still the best place to live for foreigners compared to neighbouring countries.

If you live here then I recommend you pack and go and piss your vinegar somewhere else.

4 hours ago, madmen said:

The only constant is thailand is changing /devloping. Who would be totally surprised if next MONTH If a thai visa headline will read AGENTS banned

Me for one,    absolutely amazed ,shock ,horror, dramatic gasp, 

But ppls will deal with it if it happens, always a way .

Well done Big Joke.   

TIT 

9 hours ago, Ossy said:

Photo-shop's favourite model is caught thinking, It's not just me that's a joke, it's the whole sodding country.

Who said you are a joke?

Please don't judge all Thai people on the ones you know. 

Can I ask why you stay here?

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

How does it work, an immigration officer doesn't have to use fake stamps, they can just stamp with the real stamps that they use at work, can someone explain how it works? 

Maybe stamping them in for more days than they should be allowed..?

I'm not sure if Nigerians get a VE or need a Visa-on-Entry, but they could easily be giving them 90 days "in Error", which would allow sufficient time for them to disappear into the "black economy"... (pun fully intended).

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Why a round trip? 

PS;  BJ is not a brick builder is he?

If he goes round trip the dirt bags will think he's gone for good, then he can swoop back in, hook up with Mueller and really do some 'house' cleaning. BTW what is brick builder?

10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Big Joke ain't no joke.  Could be the most honest cop in Thailand. 

I 'won't be' Quick to agree with you......... LET'S JUST WAIT AND SEE........

We may just realize that things aren't really as you 'first' think they are........

7 hours ago, JLCrab said:

But there'd be more money for the IMM officers to make if they found a way to cut out the agents.

Correct,  corruption and prostitution, are part of the DNA in Los. 

long may it last. TAT.

Plan D , disappear under the radar, see you there soon. 

9 hours ago, poohy said:

Your condo maybe, i suspect other are different

In my quiet seaside town (Foreign retirement pop maybe about 150)  as far as i personally know about 15 people are using agents

Agreed , I’m on a ‘ long stay ‘ retired visa and on my 5th extension 

i know about 13-15 guys on the same visa , and EVERY one of them use agencies for their yearly extensions , as they never originally did it the ‘ correct ‘ way . 

Which I must say I originally was pissed about seeing as though I did it all the correct way , though thai embassy in London etc .

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

How can you know that?

Many of farangs using agents do it because it's the easiest way for them to stay, but if ever agents are no more an option, I think that most of these farangs will just use another option, maybe the 400/800k in bank. Not a so big deal for most of them.

For the 1st time in over 7 years of being above board and legal I used an agent for 2 reasons, reason 1: The time before when I did my own with cash in the bank and all legal some tart in civvies in Jomtien immigration gave me a real hard time, at that point I said "No more" I am using an agent from here on in.

Reason 2: The depreciation of the £ to the Baht has made it not a wise idea at the moment to bring cash over and put it in the bank, it would cost more than I am prepared to pay, and I am sure that a lot of guys are in this boat.

So before all you bloody goody 2 shoes start piping up, think about other peoples finances and don't spout off about how nasty the people using agents are, there are other reasons than poverty I can assure you, plus no one should keep all their eggs in one basket eh ?? 

PS: Not a dig at Pattaya46, just confirming the last couple of sentences of his post ????

2 hours ago, elliss said:

Correct,  corruption and prostitution, are part of the DNA in Los. 

long may it last. TAT.

Plan D , disappear under the radar, see you there soon. 

The problem I see with the above is that immigration need the agents to facilitate their countrymen and ease the path to immigration's back door, I for one would not be brazen enough to ask outright of an immigration official if they were up for a backhander !! Would you :stoner:

26 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

For the 1st time in over 7 years of being above board and legal I used an agent for 2 reasons, reason 1: The time before when I did my own with cash in the bank and all legal some tart in civvies in Jomtien immigration gave me a real hard time, at that point I said "No more" I am using an agent from here on in.

Reason 2: The depreciation of the £ to the Baht has made it not a wise idea at the moment to bring cash over and put it in the bank, it would cost more than I am prepared to pay, and I am sure that a lot of guys are in this boat.

So before all you bloody goody 2 shoes start piping up, think about other peoples finances and don't spout off about how nasty the people using agents are, there are other reasons than poverty I can assure you, plus no one should keep all their eggs in one basket eh ?? 

PS: Not a dig at Pattaya46, just confirming the last couple of sentences of his post ????

Hi GT. Just curious about your comment below. If the baht is gaining in value wouldn't it make sense to deposit money in a Thai account as the value is growing due to exchange appreciation. Maybe I misunderstood your point. Thanks!

"The depreciation of the £ to the Baht has made it not a wise idea at the moment to bring cash over and put it in the bank"

Archived