Big Joke arrests corrupt Thai immigration officers issuing fake stamps to foreigners

rooster59

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Your "new form" is at least 2 years old already.

My TM.7 from 2017 clearly says :

NOTICE

1.   ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นค าขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง

APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON

เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการทไี่ม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้

WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

2.  จะได้รับการอนุญาตหรือไม่กต็าม จะไม่คืนเงินค่าธรรมเนียมในทุกกรณี

WHETHER PERMISSION IS GRANTED OR NOT,

APPLICATION FEE IS NON REFUNDABLE UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES 

Maybe 2 years old but as i said, it was not that form used by Khonkaen immigration at this time last year.

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

uh huh, we'll see, I wouldn't want to bet my stay here hoping for that..

I have to agree, it wouldn't take much, a disgruntled expat on his way home or another country to spill the beans on agents /corrupt IO offices for the whole House of Cards to come crashing down around everyone's ears.

An extreme example I'll admit, but not an impossible scenario. 

9 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have to agree, it wouldn't take much, a disgruntled expat on his way home or another country to spill the beans on agents /corrupt IO offices for the whole House of Cards to come crashing down around everyone's ears.

An extreme example I'll admit, but not an impossible scenario. 

Oh I think they already have that list of agents and are looking at their options, and as Colin said earlier about paperwork requiring people to rep themselves at imm unless there's a disability involved seems to suggest that. And you don't think an expat hasn't already blown that whistle? Knowing how jealous and vindictive people from the west are, they probably had it compiled 5 yrs ago. Plus the fact there would have to be at least 1 english reading Thai looking at this site over the yrs. Look at all the posts over the years on how westerners bragged about how they scam immigration with agents etc must of made it to some attentive ears by now. It was all just a matter of time.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Regarding using agents, wife came out of immigration office with the forms for me to fill for my retirement extension, and i noticed that the forms were different from last year.

Now it clearly states that the person doing the extension must do it in person, unless unable to do it because of disability.

So going by that using agents is not allowed.

agents bend the rules - this is just another one to bend, too much money being made  these agents and their official handlers in the IO

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

agents bend the rules - this is just another one to bend, too much money being made  these agents and their official handlers in the IO

But there'd be more money for the IMM officers to make if they found a way to cut out the agents.

54 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe 2 years old but as i said, it was not that form used by Khonkaen immigration at this time last year.

I only saw this, for the first time in August last year. Which, of course mean it might have been around 11 months prior to that.

But not very long anyway.

How about rude officers at Immigration, especially a couple of them? Have seen them behave quite badly with some old residents and have wondered whether that is a signal for the rest of us to slip in some money along with documents! Why should there be a need for anyone at Immigration to be rude,? Is it because they are part of the police? I think Immigration should be made a separate Department. After all it is related to an industry that the biggest earner for Thailand.

The only constant is thailand is changing /devloping. Who would be totally surprised if next MONTH If a thai visa headline will read AGENTS banned

Good he's doing what he's doing.

It would be nice to see a notice going to all offices stating issue visas/extensions in accordance with the published rules and without requests for additional forms of information not required by law.

( Don't worry I'll be myself again soon ???????????? )

Great news I guess. I am just not clear on what fake stamps are. Is it that the passports were stamped as foreigners leaving the country and then re-entering without actually doing so, saving them the hassle of compliance and the airlines of revenue? It's not really clear to me how the scam worked.

Warning !!!!  ......    Desposit   the 800,000 B  in the bank at least 100 days... Ex-pat money was in one day late,  89  Days......  IMO catch him at first 90 day check IN....Head I O say YOU have No visa, You have 10 000 B ,,,NO !!!  Come Back when you have and  I O  drops the passport in his DESK, with 4  others ... thats 50,000 week or 200,000B  a month, nice Wages.. My friend payed the 10,000B    date  DECEMBER 2018......AN   Honest  Ex-Pat............Screwed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

OK. I am probably one of the most critical people on this forum of Thais and Thailand. But, FINALLY, I am going to say that I am pleasantly surprised. 

This is the type of determination that is largely missing from Thai culture: the will to go after your own clan when it breaks the rules. 

I very much respect this action if it is indeed accurate. Very impressive, and I hope he remains safe and free from the inevitable shouts of 

"Are you Thai?! You fight against Thai people?!" 

Thais like to invoke nationalism whenever they are backed into a corner like this. 

Ah yes, nationalism - the last refuge of the scoundrel... just ask the wally who said recently that Thais don't swindle Thais, it's only and always foreigners who swindle Thais. That's got to be one of the 3 biggest lies in the world, and the other 2 are within the Thai embrace as well.

Archived