bad night in Cowboy

nikmar

Hi,

I dropped a huge bo##ock last week. 

My wife went away with family and my son went away for a night with his school so I went out. 

This is what happened as I remember. I had a drink in soi7 before going to Soi Cowboy where i remember 3 more drinks. My last memory is in a certain bar whereby i had a beer with 2 girls and then no memory 'till I woke outside a 7 11 near Asok. Not sure entirely how i got home but I have a vague recollection of being in a taxi. I woke up about 8 am on my couch with my wallet (empty), phone and passport in my pockets. i had a manageable hangover which breakfast sorted.

When I checked my bank account, my card was locked out so i went to my nearest branch to unlock it and found i was down 12 000 bt. not the end of the world.

here's what I dont get. I was not drunk in my last memory and it must have been earlyish. It turns out ( my neighbour told my wife) I got home at 3 am. What happened to me?? I have no memory AT ALL. If I was drugged then why didnt they steal my phone or passport. I must have drawn more money out as I went out with 5000 bt.

I feel embarrassed and stupid and my wife is understandably furious. So now im quitting drink for the forseeable at least to concentrate on family. Im 51 so it's about time.

My reason for posting? I would like to know if anyone a) saw a drunk / drugged farang sleeping on the floor outside 7 11 last Thursday night or around Asok area, if so, what was i doing? Was i with anyone? And b) Does anyone have any knowledge about drugging incidents in the bars at Soi Cowboy. What drugs knock someone out and blanks the memory without a hangover?

Am expecting the usual smart comments. Dont care. Id really like a little clarity on this. Cheers.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nikmar said:

What drugs knock someone out and blanks the memory without a hangover?

Had it done to me in CM 10 years back.

Roofie doesn't knock you out, but robs you of your memory.

Usually you just wander around in a daze until it wears off, then have no memory of that time when you recover.

To other people you just appear slightly drunk.

Don't go out drinking with anything except the money you expect to spend.

Leave your wallet, cards, passport at home.

don't quit drinking.  wife leaves so you go to see women and drink whisky?  seems like drinking gets you to forget your life, so keep on drinking.  seems like you want to forget it, leave the wife, and do dangerous things.  next time, drink tons at home and then walk to the bars and get a few girls.  

going on a Trap Run can be a killer the next morning...

go outside, taking some big deep breathes of that fresh morning air... to clear the nose.

Back inside, can you sense any girlie/nookie/perfum(ish) essences?

your wife would luv to check for hickies! -  or will she soon just go silent - and keep all this as ammunition, at some later date? proven or not... it won't matter to her

Hahaha happened to me 12 years ago my very first night in Thailand woke up in my hotel room with a massive black eye and didn’t remember a single thing,hotel receptionist said two girls bought me back to my hotel and wanted to get in my room,hotel receptionist didn’t let them have access to my room and made sure I got to my room on my own,,all I lost was a cheap silver chain from my neck they failed to spot the 25,000 bht watch I was wearing....lol

one of the strangest nights of my life????????????????????

also didn’t have any hanger over after what must have been 10 hour drinking session.

11 minutes ago, nikmar said:

If I was drugged then why didnt they steal my phone or passport.

Phones can get traced , some phones have global positioning , so you know where your phone is , passports would need to be sold .

All they wanted was cash .

You were most probably drugged , does your bottom feel OK ?

8 minutes ago, tifino said:

going on a Trap Run can be a killer the next morning...

go outside, taking some big deep breathes of that fresh morning air... to clear the nose.

Back inside, can you sense any girlie/nookie/perfum(ish) essences?

your wife would luv to check for hickies! -  or will she soon just go silent - and keep all this as ammunition, at some later date? proven or not... it won't matter to her

You sound like an expert on extra  affairs ????  and then they say Thai girls cheat ???? .

Many guys and girls cheat no matter their nationality.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

You sound like an expert on extra  affairs ????  and then they say Thai girls cheat ???? .

Many guys and girls cheat no matter their nationality.

decades of fringe benefit experience within miltary decadent 'singlie' life

- decades of..., decades ago... 

Luckily never awoken from some oblivion; with some chilling scare of not knowing whether one's drunken bum got pregnant last night? That would be a scary thought!

Drugging of tourists and expats is more common than people believe,  very few victims Will admit they had a problem. Theft of cash and easily  saleable goods is all they want. Count yourself  lucky,  patch  it up with the wife... Lesson learned if going out just take enough  for  what you need

35 minutes ago, nikmar said:

My reason for posting? I would like to know if anyone a) saw a drunk / drugged farang sleeping on the floor outside 7 11 last Thursday night or around Asok area, if so, what was i doing? Was i with anyone?

Is your arse sore?

Trouble & pain having a crap?

The large black Nigerian i saw you cuddling may have your answers.

36 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Am expecting the usual smart comments. Dont care. Id really like a little clarity on this.

34 minutes ago, nikmar said:

My wife went away with family and my son went away for a night with his school so I went out. 

Your evening out, behind the backs of family, sounds so mature. Hope it was worth it.

But at least you came to this realization, "So now im quitting drink for the forseeable at least to concentrate on family".

Hope you can turn these words into action.

9 minutes ago, neeray said:

Your evening out, behind the backs of family, sounds so mature. Hope it was worth it.

But at least you came to this realization, "So now im quitting drink for the forseeable at least to concentrate on family".

Hope you can turn these words into action.

A real family guy.

Yup, a “ boys night out “ every now and then is great.
I traveled a lot for work, averaging 200 days away from home a year, and had plenty of “ boys night outs “ !! cost me two marriages though !!

Have settled down now, quit the booze and am living the simple life at 57 .

Lesson learned, suggest you do the same .

There is a drug used to render victims compliant. Leaves them with no memory of what happened. If this was used, maybe you gave your PIN to whoever was with you. Then they tried to withdraw money, but your card perhaps locked them out at a certain limit.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape. Might be a good idea to change the locks on your front door for safety's sake.

You should have stopped in and watched the telly,

with a few cans bought from 7-11 if you must,your

wife is never going to trust you again*,and next time

you might not get off so lightly !    * if she did in the first place.

regards Worgeordie

24 minutes ago, faraday said:

Scopolamine

I heard about that drug too, but would that not be too fancy. I mean would not be something people can get their hands on easy. Unlike some xanax or something like that. But he should just examine the ATM footage to see if he did it or if some girls / guys were with him.

So far no real proof of any crime its not as if people never blackout after drinking.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Phones can get traced , some phones have global positioning , so you know where your phone is , passports would need to be sold .

All they wanted was cash .

You were most probably drugged , does your bottom feel OK ?

Actually this is a good suggestion. If you use Android your phone store your every move and you can see where you have been on Google Earth.

12 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Actually this is a good suggestion. If you use Android your phone store your every move and you can see where you have been on Google Earth.

That would mean his wife could track him too ????

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, a “ boys night out “ every now and then is great.
I traveled a lot for work, averaging 200 days away from home a year, and had plenty of “ boys night outs “ !! cost me two marriages though !!

Have settled down now, quit the booze and am living the simple life at 57 .

Lesson learned, suggest you do the same .

Lesson learned at 57 with two failed marriages is not a lesson learned.

LOL

It just means you got old and tired...

a have a sunshine variant of the above

friend of mine, English, liked to while his time away in Bog Dog bar, the one at the

corner - entrance to NEP

he was staying in an executive suite at the Landmark

after extensive travelling for a week, culminating with a flight to BKK and the Landmark

he showered - changed - went to Big Dogs

chatting with a BL he knew from before and her friends, buying drinks etc

suddenly the fatigue caught up on him, he became absolutely dead drunk, he lost it completely

and just lowered to the floor and couldn't get back up

then just switced off

woke up next morning, in his bed in his suite, mostly undressed

wallet, full of satang, passport - phone - fags on the wee table beside the bed

the girls had perused his pockets/wallet and found out where he belonged and dragged

him there

some times the sun shines

under his phone was his unpaid bar bill

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

There is a drug used to render victims compliant. Leaves them with no memory of what happened. If this was used, maybe you gave your PIN to whoever was with you. Then they tried to withdraw money, but your card perhaps locked them out at a certain limit.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape. Might be a good idea to change the locks on your front door for safety's sake.

Scopolomine, although I doubt very much that is available here.  More likely GHB in the OPs drink.

Some info her that might be useful - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/drink-spiking-and-date-rape-drugs/

Archived