bad night in Cowboy

nikmar

From your description - it doesn't sound like you were U/C for too long - so they didn't use anything too serious on you.

The loss of memory is interesting... 

Things could have been so much worse for you... really worse.

There is stuff that grows at the side of the road here in Thailand that most tourists haven't got a clue about what it can do. ☠️

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

@nikmar, you might want to watch this and see if it rings a bell. It's apparently available in Bangkok and was (we think) used on a mate of mine a few months ago, also on Cowboy.

scopalamine as it romoves free will and the power of suggestion controls the person.  looks like the greatest threat to bar girls the world has known. imagine suggesting to them "everything is free" . LOL

10 hours ago, puukao said:

don't quit drinking.  wife leaves so you go to see women and drink whisky?  seems like drinking gets you to forget your life, so keep on drinking.  seems like you want to forget it, leave the wife, and do dangerous things.  next time, drink tons at home and then walk to the bars and get a few girls.  

Trouble with that approach is that is what the man did this time to get into this situation.

Obviously the professional girls found a way to slip him a mickey - and so they are just as likely to do it to him next time he is vulnerable - or to me or to you.

When I got rolled - back in ''09 in Bangkok I had already stopped drinking but they got the "roofie"? into me anyway. I have a memory of the dazzlingly pretty woman having me take a sip out of her orange juice at the dinner that I bought for the four of us - her and her Lao friend and another chick, so maybe that was when they slipped me the stuff. But also there was one empty beer can and one full one in the hotel room next morning along with my p.p. and wallet with Bt40 in it but no ATM card. Also there was a memory of the lady asking me to help her put in her P.I.N. number at the ATM because she could not see the numbers very well with her old glasses or some nonsense and I  also WD'd some cash then -  so that could have been when they got my freaking P.I.N.

Yes, I was unbelievably stupid, intoxicated by her perfume and her promises that we would go to her place soon and ditch the other women.

Point is not that I tell great stories but that we are susceptible to women and drinking before going out to the bars is no proof against getting rolled.

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

scopalamine as it romoves free will and the power of suggestion controls the person.  looks like the greatest threat to bar girls the world has known. imagine suggesting to them "everything is free" . LOL

This IS in Bangkok. A gogo girl i know had some that she showed me a few weeks ago, a customer had given it to her, as in gave her a handful of it to keep like in the main pic from the Youtube Vice video above, not made her take it, but she had no idea what it was and neither did i until now. Luckily after showing me she decided to just chuck it in the trash.

happened to me 15 years ago. I was definitely drugged and robbed. 

Happened to quite a few friends of mine too. 

Back then I was too shy to tell anyone and it wasn't much money.

My friend had his ATM card used several times. He made a complaint to police but nothing came of it.

Other friends had small amounts stolen and also didn't do anything. 

This may be why they just take relatively small amounts. People don't report it?

If they took your passport you'd have to go to police and make a report to get a new one.

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Had it done to me in CM 10 years back.

Roofie doesn't knock you out, but robs you of your memory.

Usually you just wander around in a daze until it wears off, then have no memory of that time when you recover.

To other people you just appear slightly drunk.

Don't go out drinking with anything except the money you expect to spend.

Leave your wallet, cards, passport at home.

I had the same in khoa sarn road 1997 in me backpacking days,last thing i remember was talking to a thai woman in a bar full of other backpackers,i knew she was a whore but told her i'm not after a hooker,since then done a lot,anyway i came out of a trance walking very fast,stopped & wondered where i was,i knew i had a few singhas but i was sober,i sees a petrol station open & goes gets a coffee,i gets a taxi that was hanging about back to khao sarn,took over 30 minutes & he didn't go round in circles,i've used taxi's all over the world & know how they work,i could'nt beleive the price,B70 yes B70 & it was 90 odd baht to the £,i give him B200,i gets to me room & checks me wallet & pockets but nothing gone,but i used to use a lot of hard drugs & maybe had a high tolerance to what she spiked me with,also i'm a somnambulist & also suffer from insomnia since i was a baby,so it may have been a sleeping pill they get from cambodia

1 hour ago, pogal said:

happened to me 15 years ago. I was definitely drugged and robbed. 

Happened to quite a few friends of mine too. 

Back then I was too shy to tell anyone and it wasn't much money.

My friend had his ATM card used several times. He made a complaint to police but nothing came of it.

Other friends had small amounts stolen and also didn't do anything. 

This may be why they just take relatively small amounts. People don't report it?

If they took your passport you'd have to go to police and make a report to get a new one.

How can they use an ATM card without the PIN?

3 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I now realise that I have a very normal life

Ditto that.

But then again, given the OP's account, I think I'd rather live vicariously through others!

.....now where are my slippers and cocoa?? 

It might be that you just blew all your money including the ATM withdrawal. Alcoholic intoxication can hit suddenly; suggest you next time go with a buddy or two.

Another word to the wise is to keep passport and phone out of reach, i.e. at home; a driving license is sufficient for identification or - worse case - you get the cops to take you home to retrieve your papers in case they need to clarify who you are. 

Thanks for all replies. including the ones that sound like my Mother!!

Learned lesson and taking a break from all indulgences, even my wife has calmed down and making "ladyboy jokes". 

Pretty sure I was drugged. I havent passed out drunk since i was a teenager. 

Now let's all turn to a women's site where they talk of banging some guy behind her hard-working hubby's back and all the girls gather round to give her hugs and pats and say the bastard probably deserves it. A night out to keep from going crazy, like Octoberfest? He didn't say he was taking them home. Now if he had ...

IMO you were drugged. Slipped a Mickey Finn. You were not drunk, you know when you're drunk.

They did not take your phone or passport because these items can be directly connected to you should the thief or thieves be apprehended. Cash is a much safer option cos it is usually untraceable.

It could have been much worse had they nicked your phone and the passport. You'll never forget what happened so regard it as a lesson learned and don't take so much cash with you next time. Nor your phone and definitely not your passport.

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

IMO you were drugged. Slipped a Mickey Finn. You were not drunk, you know when you're drunk.

They did not take your phone or passport because these items can be directly connected to you should the thief or thieves be apprehended. Cash is a much safer option cos it is usually untraceable.

It could have been much worse had they nicked your phone and the passport. You'll never forget what happened so regard it as a lesson learned and don't take so much cash with you next time. Nor your phone and definitely not your passport.

What are the "preferred" acceptable forms of ID a person should carry that the Thai Police prefer to see? I know a lady that insists she will always carry her passport with her everywhere she goes as carrying a copy isn't an option. She said the police won't accept those as they can be reproduced/forged so easily. I'm sure a Thai drivers license would work but what if a person doesn't have that? Is an international drivers license acceptable?

Happened to me, stopped for one beer on Sukhumvit 11 in the days of the vw van bars while making my way home after dinner with friends and 2 glasses of wine.

I was flying out of the country the next morning and had with my packed luggage around 1000 USD I carry when I travel. 

I woke up on my sofa around 15 hours later, wallet empty but for the small bills, 1000 USD gone from my carry on, everything else as it should be. I had missed my flight completely.

I recall ordering and receiving the beer, nothing after that. Not even fragments. 

Was not the best of days. 

22 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

What are the "preferred" acceptable forms of ID a person should carry that the Thai Police prefer to see? I know a lady that insists she will always carry her passport with her everywhere she goes as carrying a copy isn't an option. She said the police won't accept those as they can be reproduced/forged so easily. I'm sure a Thai drivers license would work but what if a person doesn't have that? Is an international drivers license acceptable?

Depends who wants to see ID and for what reason. Like 90% of people I have never been asked for passport or ID when out and about. Most people who have been asked report that a copy of passport was accepted.

Archived