Requirements Non-o Visa Extension Based On Marriage

I have a Non-B Visa at the moment until okt 2007. Plan to marry whit my Thai gf in april. Can I get a extension on my non-B visa based on the marriage or do I need to get a new non-o visa at the embassy first ?

What about the income from 40,000 THB ? I own a business back home and can use that as a income of 40,000 THB but how I have to prove this income to the immigration ? Does it need to deposited in a Thai bank account ?

Thx a lot.

You can extend any non immigrant visa.

You must prove income first to your Embassy so best to ask them. Immigration will likely accept same type paperwork. For Americans who do not use paperwork at Embassy that will mean some type of supporting evidence such as letter/statement from employer, tax records or such from home country.

You can extend any non immigrant visa.

You must prove income first to your Embassy so best to ask them. Immigration will likely accept same type paperwork. For Americans who do not use paperwork at Embassy that will mean some type of supporting evidence such as letter/statement from employer, tax records or such from home country.

oke so i don't need a new non-im visa that is clear.

But wy do i need to prove the income to my embassy ? Do they neeed to makeup a document that i have to show to the imm ?

Thx

Bram

If you intend to use non Thailand income for an extension of stay it must first be certified by your Embassy. They will write up a letter confirming the amount you receive and you present that with the supporting proof to Immigration.

A great deal depends on what documentation you have to support your income claim

and what your embassy will accept.

As I understand it the money does not have to be remitted to Thailand, BUT if it is

not, Immigration may well be asking what you are living on?

For a married couple 40K does not go far.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday (7th March 07) I got my non immi '0' in Brisbane Australia. Bill Dunn the consular general informed me (to my suprise) that the 400 000 Baht in the bank no longer is accepted.

Regarding the 40 000 Baht/ month rule he informed me (and I quote) "There is no sure ruling as to what is accepted by Thai immigration as proof of income". //edit language - lopburi3//

I have real estate proceeds, term deposits and business proceeds paid to me here in Australia. When I enquired that if letters from leasees,copies of leases, statements from bank accounts etc. would suffice he said. "Anything like this, translated into Thai, certified by Thai consular affairs in Bangkok and presented to Thai immigration IS proof - as far as he knew.

The checking with your own embassy is a good idea and I will too do this in the next week when I arrive back 'home' in Thailand (if I can get anyone on the phone that can explain it in clear and accurate English).......The last few years experience in dealings with the adventure wonderland that is the Thai dept of immigration and my Embassy, tells me that there is no way to be sure. I would estimate that 50% of the info given to me in the past, has been either inaccurate or completely wrong.

Chokdee Bram

Yesterday (7th March 07) I got my non immi '0' in Brisbane Australia. Bill Dunn the consular general informed me (to my suprise) that the 400 000 Baht in the bank no longer is accepted.

Regarding the 40 000 Baht/ month rule he informed me (and I quote) "There is no sure ruling as to what is accepted by Thai immigration as proof of income". "Line up 5 of the silly p----s in Bangkok immigration and ask them the same question and they won't all have the same f-----g answer".

I have real estate proceeds, term deposits and business proceeds paid to me here in Australia. When I enquired that if letters from leasees,copies of leases, statements from bank accounts etc. would suffice he said. "Anything like this, translated into Thai, certified by Thai consular affairs in Bangkok and presented to Thai immigration IS proof - as far as he knew.

The checking with your own embassy is a good idea and I will too do this in the next week when I arrive back 'home' in Thailand (if I can get anyone on the phone that can explain it in clear and accurate English).......The last few years experience in dealings with the adventure wonderland that is the Thai dept of immigration and my Embassy, tells me that there is no way to be sure. I would estimate that 50% of the info given to me in the past, has been either inaccurate or completely wrong.

Chokdee Bram

The way to go is to ask your Embassy to certify a letter of income where it is stated your details(name, passort number, adress) and also that you have the following income which cmes to XXX per month or per year.

Some Embassies will check carefully the details and make the letter them selves. Some will ask you to fill in a form that they then will stamp as 'cerified) etc.

It looks likeimmigration is happy as long as you have aletter with some kind of Embassy 'seal' with an amount under your name.

Some immigration offcies also ask to see the original documents but not so many reports to that effect lately.

No need to have your papers translated in Thai....

Good luck

Regarding the 40 000 Baht/ month rule he informed me (and I quote) "There is no sure ruling as to what is accepted by Thai immigration as proof of income". "Line up 5 of the silly p----s in Bangkok immigration and ask them the same question and they won't all have the same f-----g answer".

Chokdee Bram

The way to go is to ask your Embassy to certify a letter of income where it is stated your details(name, passort number, adress) and also that you have the following income which cmes to XXX per month or per year.

Some Embassies will check carefully the details and make the letter them selves. Some will ask you to fill in a form that they then will stamp as 'cerified) etc.

It looks likeimmigration is happy as long as you have aletter with some kind of Embassy 'seal' with an amount under your name.

Some immigration offcies also ask to see the original documents but not so many reports to that effect lately.

Good luck

I think the erroneous info rating has tipped the scales past the 50/50 mark - now the Aussies at the consulate in Oz are giving me bad tips - in perfect English and to my face. 555

Thanks for the info Krub

Anyone have ideas about what would pass as supporting documentation to get this 'letter of income' from an embassy? I'm thinking accountants letter, bank deposits in excess of 40000 baht a month in an Aussie account from same accountant, copies of leases etc,

Chokdee Bram

Good luck

I think the erroneous info rating has tipped the scales past the 50/50 mark - now the Aussies at the consulate in Oz are giving me bad tips - in perfect English and to my face. 555

Thanks for the info Krub

Anyone have ideas about what would pass as supporting documentation to get this 'letter of income' from an embassy? I'm thinking accountants letter, bank deposits in excess of 40000 baht a month in an Aussie account from same accountant, copies of leases etc,

Should be fine I give the same kind of original documents to the UK embassy for my letter. They return the originals. Thye do it by post it costs 1.800 baht and takes less than 3 weeks. if done at Embassy apply day 1 pick-up day 2. Suppose the OZ Embassy in Bangkok works similarly but of course better check with them directly.

helo everybody.

i just would like to clarify something here.. if any body can help me.

if i arrive thailand and get the visa on arrival from airport and can i go to bangkok embassy with my thai wife and ask from there a marriage visa? is this possible to change my tourist visa to marriage visa? i am just interested in staying for 45 days not more than that. But my country people can get just 15 days as tourist visa.. this is not enough for me.

Please comment as soon as possible

You are a list B country so you can stay 30 days and extend that stay for another 30 days if you apply for a tourist visa prior to arrival. You only get 15 days if you have to obtain a visa on arrival.

There is no such thing as a marriage visa and there is no Embassy of Thailand inside Thailand. If you can not obtain a tourist visa prior to arrival you can go with wife to Immigration and apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your family under provision 7.23 of order 606 (one time only) and present passport/home register of wife/id card of wife and marriage certificate.

I received my confirmation of income letter from the British Embassy in Chiang Mai with 1 Western Union transfer slip (I had taken previous 3 months just incase) and a letter from my business in the UK stating my position and salary. Back same day really easy

I have a Non-B Visa at the moment until okt 2007. Plan to marry whit my Thai gf in april. Can I get a extension on my non-B visa based on the marriage or do I need to get a new non-o visa at the embassy first ?

What about the income from 40,000 THB ? I own a business back home and can use that as a income of 40,000 THB but how I have to prove this income to the immigration ? Does it need to deposited in a Thai bank account ?

Thx a lot.

Another way to look at it is to set up a service company in Thailand and emplyees your future wife and pay her a monthly fee of THB45,000. This way she has income and can satisfy the income requirements and no embassy certification.

I is really a cost benefit calculation on the tax cost verse the Australian tax savings and also many consider other business expenses could be charged as your future wife would be providing a valuable service to your Australian co.

Something to ponder....

You are a list B country so you can stay 30 days and extend that stay for another 30 days if you apply for a tourist visa prior to arrival. You only get 15 days if you have to obtain a visa on arrival.

There is no such thing as a marriage visa and there is no Embassy of Thailand inside Thailand. If you can not obtain a tourist visa prior to arrival you can go with wife to Immigration and apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your family under provision 7.23 of order 606 (one time only) and present passport/home register of wife/id card of wife and marriage certificate.

helo..

thank you for this information..yes it is not possible for me to obtain visa before arrival since we do not have a thai embassy in our country. According to my vacation plan i dont have enough time to go KL or Colombo to take this visa so i was trying to get this information from here.

just one more doubt.. when i apply to extend visa for 60 days do i have to show any financial evidence.. bank statement or any amount of money? also please tell me what this visa is called? Non-Immigrant O visa or something else?

Thank you for your help

As mentioned in my post it is not a visa but an extension of stay issued by Immigration under provision 7.23 of the current police order 606 and is only available one time. There is no financial requirement other than paying the 1,900 baht for the extension application.

Chokdee Bram

Good luck

Thanks for the info Krub

Should be fine I give the same kind of original documents to the UK embassy for my letter. They return the originals. Thye do it by post it costs 1.800 baht and takes less than 3 weeks. if done at Embassy apply day 1 pick-up day 2. Suppose the OZ Embassy in Bangkok works similarly but of course better check with them directly.

Thanks for the tips - I will check it out on monday direct with the embassy. I dunno but I'm sure it was far easier to just put the 400k in the Thai account. After all, money talks.............