Never again: On the Thai fondness for swastikas

webfact

I did wonder if it was a just a Hindu swastika but I've seen her picture on BBC website and it's actually a Nazi war flag replete with swastikas. I just wonder who is making these shirts - they must know how insulting they are.

28 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

I did wonder if it was a just a Hindu swastika but I've seen her picture on BBC website and it's actually a Nazi war flag replete with swastikas. I just wonder who is making these shirts - they must know how insulting they are.

Never, ever, never, ever have the Israeli and German embassies complained about display of Buddhist or Hindu swastikas!

The issues are around specifically NAZI symbols and images including Nazi flags, heroic Hitler poses, etc.

• Like 2

When humans are born, their minds are pure. After that, their minds are filled with "baggage". Getting angry and emotional when you see this symbol is an example of that baggage. 

You see, Thais don't have that baggage. They are closer to the unmolested newborn's mind. And now, you are asking them to add that baggage into their minds, just because you have it. This is a problem with you, if you feel that way. Leave them the hell alone! They handle it better than you do, they do not associate it with death, destruction and genocide. If you want to carry that baggae around with you, feel free to do so, and you may be right to, but leave them the hell out of it. You don't have the right to superimpose your warped mind onto other cultures. And if you do, you are the bad guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

When humans are born, their minds are pure. After that, their minds are filled with "baggage". Getting angry and emotional when you see this symbol is an example of that baggage. 

You see, Thais don't have that baggage. They are closer to the unmolested newborn's mind. And now, you are asking them to add that baggage into their minds, just because you have it. This is a problem with you, if you feel that way. Leave them the hell alone! They handle it better than you do, they do not associate it with death, destruction and genocide. If you want to carry that baggae around with you, feel free to do so, and you may be right to, but leave them the hell out of it. You don't have the right to superimpose your warped mind onto other cultures. And if you do, you are the bad guy. 

Hilarious! You're painting modern Thais as noble savages. Such a romantic you are. 

3 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

When children are born their minds are empty.

It takes parents to show them they are loved.

It takes society to show them they are part of a community.

It takes education to instill them with knowledge.

It takes people like you to deny humans of experience, knowledge and the ability to learn and learn from past mistakes .

Yes, in your mind, denial of the past equals "baggage". And you have the temerity to post this denial of knowledge to a

population that is desperately trying to form a democracy in the form of a vote. I have villagers desperate to learn a western education.

I am forbidden to attempt to. Or teach them English

By education denialists such as you. Well done. It is your ideas that are warped.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lupatria said:

That's exactly what happened when my good friend died. His wife came to me laughing to tell me he passed away. Took me a while to understand

Also, don't quote me, but don't they have this thing about someone not being gone for at least 100 days after the event.

4 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

am forbidden to attempt to. Or teach them English

Maybe one day an opposite of Hitler will be born. One that breaks the law to educate and change the world for harmony and the advancement of all life forms.

8 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

You hit the nail right on the head!

The situation cannot be explained any clearer.

Thank you..

Probably better to blame the teachers and the educational system for not putting forth an agenda containing world history, world geography and political science. The elites seem to be doing everything in their power to prevent the masses from getting smarter.