PM Prayut vows to crack the whip over pollution

webfact

Well it's time for action mr Prayuth!!

Get those smoking buses off the roads...where are those 500 new ones anyway?? Where are the other 3000 that you were buying 3 years ago????

And tow all the other ones with smoking motors away, demolish them...

Stop the bbq's and fires on the fields...

Time for action sir!! Children even can't go to school anymore!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about allowing big trucks through toll gates free. These toll gates cause more traffic congestion than the amount of traffic. They pile up and move so slowly causing km of backups with engines running. Get them moving.

This is priceless. With the election-type-rigged-event just around the corner, the general is trying to keep a low profile and look pretty. But now, just at the perfect time, he has this force of karma...the smog monster...jammed down his throat. It's almost poetic. Paybacks are a bitch, general.

SMOG.jpg

13 minutes ago, Lupatria said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

PM vows...

Where did I read this before about the famous general problem solver?   

Ha ha! I reckon you must be thinking 'wows'. The time he met those airheads BNK48 and his PR machine went into overdrive, claiming he wowed them.

4 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

The timing here is phenomenal. With the election-type-rigged-event just around the corner, the general is trying to keep a low profile and look pretty. But now, just at the perfect time, he has this force of karma jammed down his throat.

Come on general, noble warrior, defender of the realm…it’s time to emerge from your golden palace for an epic battle with the…Smog Monster.

SMOG.jpg

Whoa! For a second there, I read it as the 'Snog Monster'!

That must surely get any woman with more than half a brain cell running a mile in the opposite direction.

Prayuth: Why don't you start a public campaign discouraging the ownership of four-wheeled vehicles purely as status symbols. It's not necessary for a person to own 3 Mercedes merely to prove that they matter.

Funny how some prefer to sit idly in traffic stuck for 2 hours a day in their SLK or hired van rather than take the MRT and be at their destination in 30 minutes.

Hope it is not to just show authority. I think the main problem is to go 100% after the vehicles pumping the black smoke out the vehicles. Mainly busses and transport wagons.

never mind, do not want to upset the public. A lot of privat cars belch black smoke out, control the police, they will stop the vehicals, hand out, 500 fine and off they go.

advertise easy numbers to call to report farmers burning grass ect, vehicles belching black smoke.

The biggest prob will be getting the officials to get off their bums and investigate the calls. But, same problem next year and the years after.

I have a 7 yr old BT- Turbo diesel, never blows dark smoke.

comical, all  the  kids  lined  up  with  masks  but  no  helmets  on their motorbikes.........why not  make  the  lil  buggers  walk  to school  as  well? did me no  harm 5km each  way  daily.

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

comical, all  the  kids  lined  up  with  masks  but  no  helmets  on their motorbikes.........why not  make  the  lil  buggers  walk  to school  as  well? did me no  harm 5km each  way  daily.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: Walk!

I'm all for it - but have you ever seen any local walk more than fifty metres?

I've walked to the 7 Eleven before - three kilometres each way, just for the exercise.

The number of people who (kindly) stopped, insisting on trying to give me a lift as they couldn't believe anyone in their right mind would voluntarily walk that far.

I am sure all those policies were from a playbook titled "vows to crack the whip over pollution". I see the same policies surface each time we have a pollution problem. In fact if we look back in September, Prawit who was tasked with solving the chronic Bangkok traffic problem suggested the same car related policies. What happen next was everybody guess. Didn't happen and can was kicked. This time maybe they will pray for early raining season start with the ministers doing a rain dance.  

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Great idea, why didn't the rest of the world think of "cracking the whip" to make the pollution dissipate, genius in the making, he should be an elected PM, what next ?

Just the usual - to threaten his critics with violence.

It's interesting to watch this from Chiang Mai, which has faced a similar situation for years in succession. The readings have been even higher than they are in BKK now. As soon as it affects BKK it seems to be all action stations, whereas in Chiang Mai, they just threatened to arrest those that were going to protest and ask for govt action.

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Just wondering, is there any solid specific detail about the cause of the pollution?

Old buses pumping out black fumes

Old Trucks pumping out black fumes

Old riverboats pumping out black fumes

People burning tyres and rubbish at night

No zoning in Bangkok so manufacturing and industry that create pollution is next to residential areas

Too many construction projects creating dust

Too many construction projects creating massive traffic jams which then adds to the pollution

Thousands of food vendors burning charcoal

Too many people using Ozone machines, Ozone when mixed with carbon fuels make Smog

EPA, BMA and police doing nothing when they see offenders

1 hour ago, SoilSpoil said:

Yes, they do know the hazards of burning. Thats why most of the garbage and crop burning is done at night.

They know that the laws are not going to be enforced by the police unless there's a quid in it for them.

How on earth did Thailand get into this state?

4 hours ago, neeray said:

I think he could create "wind" easily and naturally.

And he can make good use of the hated 44 to deal with this problem (as long as somebody tells him how to deal with it).

He creates a lot of hot air, already!

24 minutes ago, cmsally said:

It's interesting to watch this from Chiang Mai, which has faced a similar situation for years in succession. The readings have been even higher than they are in BKK now. As soon as it affects BKK it seems to be all action stations, whereas in Chiang Mai, they just threatened to arrest those that were going to protest and ask for govt action.

1. Enforcement of the law must to be applied.

2. Apply similar fines for a fire ban to Australia, i.e. up to $25,000 or 550,000 baht and or one year in jail.

3. When someone is arrested spray it all over the newspapers and TV so others can see, so as to say, light up and you will be caught, fined and or jailed.

Simple really, but Thais don't understand enforcement, they have had it their way for far too long, and the powers above don't have the balls to crack them over the head unfortunately, and we Xpats as well as the Thais have to breath in the smoke, or pollution depending on where you live.

Archived