I'm looking for an online trading platform that's happy to service expats and gives the full range of assets to trade - equities, ETF's mutual funds, currencies and so on. I want something that's reputable, there are plenty of small outfits that'll gladly take your money but what level of protection do they offer? UK-based platforms, which were my first choice since I'm British, no longer seem to welcome expats. It was while reading up on one such platform, Interactive Investor, that I found they suggested expats should consider the Internaxx platform. This is apparently Luxembourg-based with 100K Euros of asset protection and services expats in over 150 countries.

My question is - does anybody here have any experience with Internaxx?

I used to use them , but left about 18 Months ago , as they were a bit over eager implementing the CRS requirements for me.

There platform is pretty good and covers most markets , generally I would recommend them as long as they take Thai based customers .

Depending on the size of your portfolio there are  banks in Singapore that hold foreign equities .

• Like 2

completely agree with jkthai in his post above; i dont use them ,i  went through the hoops with them a few years ago, but in the end did not fund the account. They were aware i was Thai based and that was no issue for them. I have friends who use them and are pretty happy with the service. They market themselves as dedicated to expats, and much of what they offer seems well suited to the expat who has , at the least, a reasonable knowledge of financial markets. Overall I think they are a pretty good choice, from what i have seen and heard.  

However ,maybe a bit like jkthai above, i feel that the service breadth and depth available from one or two of the Singapore (and HK ) banks is at a different (ie higher ) level.  It really depends on what you need. 

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jkthai said:

I used to use them , but left about 18 Months ago , as they were a bit over eager implementing the CRS requirements for me.

There platform is pretty good and covers most markets , generally I would recommend them as long as they take Thai based customers .

Depending on the size of your portfolio there are  banks in Singapore that hold foreign equities .

Thanks, I've sent you a message with a few questions that probably won't interest most people.

16 hours ago, wordchild said:

completely agree with jkthai in his post above; i dont use them ,i  went through the hoops with them a few years ago, but in the end did not fund the account. They were aware i was Thai based and that was no issue for them. I have friends who use them and are pretty happy with the service. They market themselves as dedicated to expats, and much of what they offer seems well suited to the expat who has , at the least, a reasonable knowledge of financial markets. Overall I think they are a pretty good choice, from what i have seen and heard.  

However ,maybe a bit like jkthai above, i feel that the service breadth and depth available from one or two of the Singapore (and HK ) banks is at a different (ie higher ) level.  It really depends on what you need. 

Thanks for the reply, I've sent you a separate message as it's evidently a bit of a niche topic and I don't want to bore other members. 

I've used Internaxx for many years.  At one point their fees became unacceptably high, and I transferred most of my investments to Saxo Sinagpore.  A few months later they reduced their fees and became competitive again, so I transferred the investments back.

My comments:

Internaxx supports all of the London markets.  (Saxo doesn't, which is why I didn't transfer all my investments.)

The platform is relatively basic.  It's more for investors than traders.  (Incidentally, it's the same platform as is used by Interactive Investors.)

Transaction charges are relatively high.

Dividends are received same day.

Customer service, when needed, is good.

I use AAAfx for FX trading and I also have a Zulutrade account. I have had no issues with them and they don't ask too many questions. The usual 3. I wouldn't use them for large amounts of capital but the 2 accounts I have fit the bill for me.

I also have an IG account. I have just started using this on a demo basis because it has a lot more on there that you can trade. I am not really happy with it. I find the platform a little bit difficult use. 

I am going to do an Interaax account as well on a demo. See how that goes.