Foreigners now need to keep 800k in Thai bank for three months AFTER retirement extension is granted

10 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Reading from your post, then, you are not already retired, here, and you haven't even come here yet. So, you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

You don't know that. Maybe he was using the embassy letter method in the past as I did.

3 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Exactly ! I moved here at 49 and at 50 got my non o and then retirement extention. I do not get access to my local government pension until I am 55 but have more than enough in savings. My state pension is not until I am 67 so it is a good while away.

Planning is everything!

Well done.  I have a similar plan as you.  

• Like 2

I just hope that it will be an easy process, just to update your book bank and show it every 90 days.

In Jomtien they want all details of every transactions ! It means that you need to print your book bank every 10 transactions (only the last 10 transactions can be printed).

After 10 transactions, you have 2 lines printed : total debit & total credit.

If they can accept and do the math: balance before - total debit > 800,000 & balance today > 800,000 bahts then it will be fine and easy for us.

Maybe better now to go back home every 15 months and get a visa to come back. Then no funds have to be kept here? 

Not for me as yet but never know.

Next thing will be a new visa Say for 5/10 years which you can buy with no funds.. I predict that to be 100k..

Edited by Chicken George
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicken George said:

Maybe better now to go back home every 15 months and get a visa to come back. Then no funds have to be kept here? 

Not for me as yet but never know.

Next thing will be a new visa day fir 5/10 years which you can buy with no funds.. I predict thst to be 100k

Those Visa's already exist, Thai elite visa 500k for a 5 year visa

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

do ur 90  day reports online
much easier

How can you if you have to show funds all the time , that was the question .

Plus our office doesn't do online reporting .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

Then why keep up the charade that this money is to cover living expenses if it can only be used six months out of the year. 

So...what's next?  What's the next hammer to drop?

Confirm your gender is correct , as per your application.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

I just hope that it will be an easy process, just to update your book bank and show it every 90 days.

Where did they talk of "90 days" in the OP ?

My understanding is that they will check your 800k-6 months and 400k-6 months

only when you will ask for your next extension (after 1 year) :unsure:

• Like 2

These new rules cover are pretty much what I do already, I may have to carry about 2k GBP year round to my balance to satisfy the 800k 6months and 400k 12months but not really a big deal, I spend roughly 1200 GBP a month to live on - more than enough for me ")

But unless agents find another way to ply their trade through the back door then the agent extension is dead, this will effect many people I know

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zydeco said:

You're presuming incorrectly. Just like you are about everything else in this topic, because you do not know how the system works. You haven't been through it. But you're lecturing those of us who have. My biggest problem with this is I don't want to go to Chaeng Wattana an extra two, three, four or eight times per year? Have you ever been there? Do you know what it is like to spend a day there, plus the 30km trip to CW through some of the worst traffic in Bangkok? You don't know anything.

So, put the 800k into the Thai bank.  Done deal. And 90 day reports equal 4 visits to immigration each year.  Eight trips in a year to immigration?  I think you are tripping. 

• Sad 1