Foreigners now need to keep 800k in Thai bank for three months AFTER retirement extension is granted

If I read the o/p it says 

>>(4) At least 2 months prior to filing date, and at least 3 months after being granted permission, 

and  says nothing about those of us who have been doing it correctly with 800k in bank 3 months prior each year. The o/p also isn't clear whether this applies to just new first timer retirement extensions or all of us extending repeatedly each year?? So which is it? Surely it cannot apply to the genuine folk who have been doing correctly all this time - why should we get hit as well? Can it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

and  says nothing about those of us who have been doing it correctly with 800k in bank 3 months prior each year. The o/p also isn't clear whether this applies to just new first timer retirement extensions or all of us extending repeatedly each year?? So which is it? Surely it cannot apply to the genuine folk who have been doing correctly all this time - why should we get hit as well? Can it? 

Applies to everybody, you are only exempt if you fall under point 6

34 minutes ago, laislica said:

I keep more than the 800k in a Thai bank and go for the retirement ext.

However, I have always spent less than half a year /year in Thailand.

Now at 77, the journey is getting to be a bore and the advantage of being in Thailand less and less.

Thus I'll spend less than 90 days in Thailand/year.

If they stop accepting my money in the bank method, it will give me the excuse to never visit Thailand again.

After all, I really only visit so my wife can see her family and friends.....

Just get a METV in your home country once a year. With extensions in Thailand you would have to leave one time after your fist 60 days + one 30 day extension. Then do the same again and go home after 6 months. Very easy and if you want to leave the country anytime you get 60 days over again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moto77 said:

Can you imagine the EU, UK or the US changing its visa rules every other month? It's ridiculous.

These rules had not change for at least 4 years before the UK/US embassies forced TI to add an option this year. :wink:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

They don't want agent services to be stopped but they can certify the agents and allow only certified agents to submit valid applications, just like in all other countries, for example Portugal's golden visa or USA's E5 visa. 

it may well weed out the agents who do not have the 800,000 baht or units of it to spread around their clients on a daily basis

that will be good for the professional agents who are often undercut by those who are happy to work for a bowl of rice to just bribe an IO with 10,000 just to make the renewal stamp with no evidence of a bank book or anything else

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Correct. Not only difficult to deal with the ever changing immigration rules.. But also Thailand really isn't that fantastic. I'm outta here.. I have given Thailand six of my retired years to get thier act together. It got worse every year! 5555

Be happy

I am with YOU................

• Like 2

Zydeco, I said it all in my first paragraph.  Your insult is petty.  I'm presuming you chose to not deposit 800k in a Thai bank.  And how is that decision working for you? Enlighten me with your wisdom regarding this topic. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1