Stupid Bowl

Nyezhov

59 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

But then why call it FOOTball. Why not THROWball, or ARMball.

Hope it's a good game/spectacle. Cheers.

And hope Man City WIN tomorrow, and Liverpool LOSE.

You have to play it to understand the fun of it......

Guessing it's football because no other US sport involves foot/ball contact....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Where's the h (.)(.) ters????

Molehills, not mountains!  :laugh:

But since Tom Brady and the Patriots are playing in this game, perhaps we should call the Hooters issue above another round of "Deflategate"!!!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

In past years I found it on the local satellite tv system (28?)....

I'll get up & check to see if it's on.....

Rooting for the Pats (birth state) - think the Saints were robbed - but don't really follow football happenings until the Superbowl......

do they still got them Gillette commercials with the football games on US tv?

'outta the shower comes a football man 

with a bottle of oil in his hand...'

and de high school football coach snarls 'commie punk...yew wanna tell me what's wrong with football and gillette aftershave?' 'dunno, believe I'd rather listen to jimi hendrix and smoke some dope...'

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm not a football guy, stupid game, unlike Baseball.

That being said I'm rooting for anyone that ain't the Pats. 

It gives me pleasure to piss off my friend from Boston, if only for 5 mins

In UK, our schoolgirls play a game called ROUNDERS, which is what Baseball was copied off.   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I like the "thugs," thank you!   That's why they wear helmets with face guards and mouth protectors.  :laugh:

I'll leave defense of the "nancyboys" to the guys from the other country.... :cheesy:

The helmets are supposed to protect the wearer from brain damage. Permit me to doubt it's working too well.

I suppose a sport that combines hitting the ball with one's head, and also the aquatic sport of diving, carries its own risk of brain damage.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The helmets are supposed to protect the wearer from brain damage. Permit me to doubt it's working too well.

I suppose a sport that combines hitting the ball with one's head, and also the aquatic sport of diving, carries its own risk of brain damage.

As I understand, the helmets, and shoulder pads, and brassieres and whatever else they wear, were introduced back in the day when they were told to reduce the number of fatalities or stop playing.  

My view is that any padding you wear should be designed to make it safer for the people you tackle, rather than yourself.  

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Should'a been, Jing...

And I'm not even a particular Saints fan...   Just a fan of fair play and correctly officiated games.

:1zgarz5:

Who would've thought JT followed Northampton?  Or Rugby League?

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

In past years I found it on the local satellite tv system (28?)....

I'll get up & check to see if it's on.....

Rooting for the Pats (birth state) - think the Saints were robbed - but don't really follow football happenings until the Superbowl......

I get the NFL channel on True CH 672. Build up has already started!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I'm not a football guy, stupid game, unlike Baseball.

That being said I'm rooting for anyone that ain't the Pats. 

It gives me pleasure to piss off my friend from Boston, if only for 5 mins

Yeah - baseball, the ultimate anticipatory sport.....

They showed it on Channel 7 one year, with Thai commentary, but couldn't sell any advertising.  I subscribe to nfl.com so I can sleep late and still see the game in it's entirety if I don't want to get up early.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, camble said:

They showed it on Channel 7 one year, with Thai commentary, but couldn't sell any advertising.  I subscribe to nfl.com so I can sleep late and still see the game in it's entirety if I don't want to get up early.

Never mind.

Wakey - London is on on Sunday night.

Edit: if you're a North American chap, Tortonto are in York on Sunday

Edited by StreetCowboy

The old German beer house and the 2 story English sports bar next door will be showing it at the trendy complex soi 13.

The English pub usually takes bookings so maybe to late

However the German beer house doesn't and Nothing like a full blown pork knuckle for breakfast or for the less adventures they do a 99 baht English breakfast

And as already mentioned Margarita Storm also on the corner of soi 13 will be showing it with happy hour from 7am [emoji797]

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Whatever you want. Start with porrige with goji berries & honey,  or muesli with banana smoothie.

Home made bread rolls with ham & cheese, or croissants, or Bacon, eggs,beanz,mushrooms,potatoes, fried bread, Staffordshire oatcake, toast & thick cut marmalade, real coffee or Yorkshire tea. Up to you.

Is the above "secret code" or encrypted steak, eggs and beer?

33 minutes ago, madmen said:

Drinking tea emoji478.png during super bowl just doesn't make sense. In the US they will be eating steak and drinking beer and we should support them

It's only once a year right.

As much as I'm not a football fan, heading to a friends superbowl party. 

Main attraction buffalo wings, chips dip and beer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

People who never experienced a proper Staffy Cher oatcake with melted Cheshire cheese, soaked in bacon dripping, will never know what they missed. It's really sad.

Stop. Stop. Please.

One of the F****** Finest! Finest Breakfasts I have ever had in my life. Im sitting here with the drool just pouring out of my mouth. The  way it was served to me was with two poached eggs, tomatoe, AGED Cheshire, the bacon was in these juicy strips and there was so much cheese it was almost gooey and like then the yolks were perfectly runny and soaking everything, I had like three cups of coffee with real cream. I hate you for bringing up that visual

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

People who never experienced a proper Staffy Cher oatcake with melted Cheshire cheese, soaked in bacon dripping, will never know what they missed. It's really sad.

I think I've missed a heart attack. Apologies, Nyezhov.

• Haha 1