The Real Problem With Keeping 800K In Thai Bank

Can't blame low interest rates at individual Thai banks as they follow the prime interest rates as set by the Bank of Thailand....just like US banks follow the prime rates set by the Federal Reserve....ditto in how banks in all countries follow the interest rates set by their central bank/financial authority.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I'm starting to have some serious complaints with immigration though

Don't worry, my wife read the Thai version of the latest order and said it read a real dog's breakfast even for her in Translation. It states what it says but she just shook her head in amazement and said in English, ''simply unbelievable'.

Seems just 800K left in a bank is going to be it. Just waiting to see what they are going to do for Marriage extensions but the wife is 'slightly optimistic' that they cannot change it too much as it will affect too many of its Thai citizens directly and they really do not want to do that ... (maybe???) ... 

I never have a problem with the banks. When I go into my branch now, all the staff know me and they treat me good. I have nothing to complain about. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

yes, I have no complaints with Thai banks other than the currently low interest rates.

I'm starting to have some serious complaints with immigration though..... ????

Didn’t you move to Malaysia or am I confusing you with someone else?

5 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Don't worry, my wife read the Thai version of the latest order and said it read a real dog's breakfast even for her in Translation.

As I expected. Does not bode at all well for implementation. IOs will be all over the map in their understanding of it. It was bad enough before in that respect when the rules were comparatively simple.

• Like 2

the biggest problem with keeping 800k in a Thai bank:

-most foriegner dont have 800k

then must wonder why you see so many married guys on a visa run 

every 3 months at border getting another visa because dont have the 400k for marriage visa.

sorry to say but so many down and outer farangs in thailand cant scrap up even 400k

how many is gonna have 800k?

Thais are cleaning out the cupboards and not gonna be many left when they finish

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, amexpat said:

Where then?

Cambodia, Philippines, Ecuador, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Chile are reasonably priced. You can get citizenship in Peru in 2 years. Ecuador gives you 7% - 8% on the money you put in their banks for an investment / business visa. There are options, you just have to research. TONS of groups on Facebook for all of their countries full of helpful expats. 

• Like 2