Brit in Phuket Town condo saga continues amid fears of nine-story jump

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

It's great to see the fire brigade looking very professional, all suited in uniform, and welcoming for any issues which might arise from this mentally unstable situation. 

The occupant is probably just waiting for monies to be properly transferred over, 

so he may clear the rent. It's just a misunderstanding, which the landlord wasn't willing to understand through proper body language translation, since English skills here are still very low line in most parts, as not being any sort of priority to consider when running a business. Hopefully it will all sort itself out in a most positive fashion prior to any sort of overstay, which might cause him to be banned from the country in the future.

They could turn nasty and turn the power and water off, I don't know how much food he has but overall I think he is being a blockhead.

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Aren't there more important things to discuss other than this dweeb? His situation will work out as it will. Why not just turn on an episode of the Kardashian's and see the same type of crappy drama? Too much focus on losers these days.

an episode of what?

22 hours ago, murraynz said:

how pathetic--all this over 8,000thb????  there must be more to this story ??

"sticking to principles'----at 50yrs old, surely there must be more to his life, than barricading himself for 8,000thb---grow up and move on--surely your happiness is worth more than 8,000thb....

we all know that renting condos from thai people is "risky"...

living in thailand has many risks---but dont get sooo upset about such minor problems...

there are too many good things here, to make the most of..we all only get one life...at 50yrs old, it is more than half gone...

Renting anything in Thailand has it's risk

20 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

So, if you catch a tuk-tuk on Phuket, late at night, after having a few to drink, and agree on the price of 400 baht (which is a scam within itself) but anyway, at your destination the driver says, "600 baht" and you start arguing the point, until it escalates to threats of violence, with other tuk-tuks starting to arrive on the scene, so you pay the extra 200 baht - have you been scammed, or not????  

You do rave on, and on. 

On 2/4/2019 at 8:04 AM, dinsdale said:

They're not giving receipts. Why? The focus is on the bloke when it would seem the owners are bent, suprise, suprise. Job for Big Joke. Investigate the owners and the reason they're not supplying receipts which is a legal requirement. Suerly giving receipts should solve this problem? Pity the TV grab from the Phuket Post fails to mention the non compliance of issuing receipts which is the crux of the matter. ????

No. The crux of the matter is that this guy is a drama queen and everybody is sobbing for him, right on cue.

How has be been so outrageously wronged?

Exactly how is a bloody receipt so earthshaking to him? 

On 2/4/2019 at 8:52 AM, NamKangMan said:

"if he was starting to get bullied by the sons...that was the time to leave" - and go where? 

Can you name a place in Thailand where tourists are not scammed, in one form or another?

Can you name a country where tourists are not scammed in one form or another?

Let the living beware. 

Big yawn..... 

On 2/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, Songlaw said:

Two things. He has a bolt. And, if you are on the premises, they cannot enter without permission. It is a peculiarity of Thai law that I happen to support. At least it was leading up to the coup. I'm pretty sure it still stands.

In all USA leases the landlord is only able to enter the premises upon written notice and only for proscribed reasons. It's a privacy thing.

However the government and other and sundry authorities are free to sort your garbage, sewerage, and collect any and all information on you in every possible manner, enter and ransack your house, seize your possessions, shoot your dog, all without permission from you.

It's a peculiarity of America law. I'm pretty sure it will get worse too. ????

12 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

No. The crux of the matter is that this guy is a drama queen and everybody is sobbing for him, right on cue.

How has be been so outrageously wronged?

Exactly how is a bloody receipt so earthshaking to him? 

How is it you know the FULL story????

What would your post be if he were to jump out of the window killing himself?

I suppose you would say that is the action of a "drama queen."   

Just now, NamKangMan said:

You sent money for "sick buffalo" - didn't you?  ????

Ahh, another fool in paradise. 

I presume you consider me a fool because I have a global view of humanity in all its glory and don't jump at every chance to Thai bash. 

Your type also lives in every country on the planet. 

Big yawn..... 

Just now, NamKangMan said:

How is it you know the FULL story????

What would your post be if he were to jump out of the window killing himself?

I suppose you would say that is the action of a "drama queen."   

Precisely correct. That is what I would say. Now we have a meeting of minds it seems. 

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

I presume you consider me a fool because I have a global view of humanity in all its glory and don't jump at every chance to Thai bash. 

Your type also lives in every country on the planet. 

Big yawn..... 

Your posts indicate the opposite to "a global view of humanity." 

Your posts tend to indicate a narrow view of foreigners here. 

Let me guess, you consider yourself more Thai than a Thai, because you have more Buddha tattoos than the average Thai.  ????

3 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Precisely correct. That is what I would say. Now we have a meeting of minds it seems. 

Perhaps you could explain how one seeking attention receives the attention they seek, when they are dead????

You are describing someone who "self harms."

The media hasn't reported any instance of this guy self harming, just a threat of jumping, should entry be forced.

1 minute ago, NamKangMan said:

Perhaps you could explain how one seeking attention receives the attention they seek, when they are dead????

The media hasn't reported any instance of this guy self harming, just a threat of jumping, should entry be forced.

Hey, you brought up the jumping thing. You're going in circles now. 

Much as I wouldn't like exchanging witless barbs with you, I have more important things to do, like scratching my a**. 

Have a good evening. 

20 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Hey, you brought up the jumping thing. You're going in circles now. 

Much as I wouldn't like exchanging witless barbs with you, I have more important things to do, like scratching my a**. 

Have a good evening. 

And a good evening to you to, sir. 

I very much enjoy reading your "global view of humanity" insights.  

Be sure to call past the Phuket Forum soon. 

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

Always happy to have a chat with someone who claims they have NEVER, EVER, EVER been scammed here.  ????

Your a non believer, no point plus it’s way off topic unless the mob owns the condo! ????

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

RE - just a threat of jumping, should entry be forced.

No need to worry about jumping - as we know an Aussie is born with a kangaroo DNA .... :whistling:

23 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your a non believer, no point plus it’s way off topic unless the mob owns the condo! ????

Yes, I am a not believer, and no, it's not off topic, because the guy in the OP is claiming a scam against him.

It has nothing to with how street smart you think you are here. If we all think back to our first time here, for most of us that is before the internet was around, that extra drink on the bill, the "meter broken" on the taxi, the over charging etc etc was common, as it still is today. 

Also, some scams are basically state sanctioned, like transport on Phuket.

Just because a scam is small in cost, so is paid, in order to avoid conflict, doesn't mean it's not a scam. 

I freely admit I have had drinks put on my bill, and I didn't always ask the price first when buying something, so I paid a higher price.  Of course, I ask first now, and pay as I go.

I am really quite skeptical of of anyone who says they have NEVER been scammed here, as in, not at all, not for 1 baht.  I simply don't believe it.

Now, in relation to rent, it's not a common scam, but I have heard of many experiences where getting the bond back, in full, in near impossible, bordering on a scam. 

"The mob" doesn't have to own the establishment in order for an owner to try it on. They know it's small money for tourists, and foreigners have no rights here, so they will pay.

Archived