why i became a vegetarian

yogavnture

44 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Is there such a thing as "unconscious consumption"? I have been known to fall asleep eating a kebab on a Saturday night, in the UK. Does that count as "unconscious consumption"?

image.jpeg.fceb49796510cbafd80e329bc4883179.jpeg

How can you fall asleep while eating this???  I can't imagine..solly

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Airalee said:

So you’ll be leaving now?  Thank you.

Q: How do you tell if someone is a vegetarian/vegan

A: Don’t worry...they’ll tell you.

before I go. many authorities think eating animal based products causes cancer  enjoy

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, yogavnture said:

more negativity.  I choose to be positive today ok I will leave 

No,  you chose something far different than positivity.  Rather than “being the change you wish to see”, you came in trying to dictate what we should and should not eat.  Don’t you realize that by doing so you will turn more people off rather than attract them to your “cause”?  Narcissism isn’t an attractive trait.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

before I go. many authorities think eating animal based products causes cancer  enjoy

I’ve actually reversed quite a few of my health problems by eating a keto diet without having to resort to medication.  If you’re willing to pay for my medical bills, then I might consider what you have to say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Airalee said:

No,  you chose something far different than positivity.  Rather than “being the change you wish to see”, you came in trying to dictate what we should and should not eat.  Don’t you realize that by doing so you will turn more people off rather than attract them to your “cause”?  Narcissism isn’t an attractive trait.

the change you wish to see. is me not supporting the fishing industry.  

16 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

I am vegetarian too, since more than 40 years, but that doesn't mean a lot in the big picture.

Willing or not we are all responsible for the pollution, as long as we choose to be part of the society.

Even if you ban the fishing all around the world, you'll not defeat pollution, can you understand that ?

One thing you can do, is to reduce YOUR pollution, possibly others will learn from you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, faraday said:

That's because meat makes you go blind - or is that another practice?

????

Confused about your post, for people like me who have had a sheltered life, please explain what practice makes you go blind.????:cheesy:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

One can certainly support a cause and live their life accordingly.  Unfortunately, just about every segment of the food industry harms the environment in one way or another, either directly or indirectly.  Whether it's beef, corn, pork, fish, rice, wheat, coffee--pretty much everything that we consume--a part of our ecosystem is being harmed.  That being the case, I eat what I want because it just doesn't matter. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Confused about your post, for people like me who have had a sheltered life, please explain what practice makes you go blind.????:cheesy:

Don't want to shock you Colin, so I won't be direct.

It sounds like a Chinese city, Peking or wan something.

????????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i will persist

Good for you.

I have worked in farming since 1961 ( aged 15 in UK ) so, my dietary and care of wildlife lifestyle is at complete odds with my work.     I have tried to teach compassion in farming in whatever country I may have been working.   This benefits the animal and can give a higher income to the farmer if he is producing more in numbers for the market ( less loss from disease ) and, a better quality carcass due to housing conditions.

I became a vegetarian in 1971 after seeing a natural loss of life in drought ridden areas of Australia.

Later on in the 1970's I became a vegan and still follow such a diet today.    Some of my English family are also vegetarians, part by allergies and part by choice.

I noticed that as a competition swimmer in the pool and sea swimmer plus, being an avid body surfer when location permitted, a vegetarian diet, that is meat free, seemed to give me more stamina and less aggression.   A daughter found the same when she changed her diet and continued to do competitive swimming.    It seemed that red meats were the aggressive factor whilst a fish diet / white meat diet lowered the aggressiveness.

Many of the other posts point out that it's 'not for them', yes true vegan food is almost impossible to find here in Thailand, when people call themselves 'vegetarian' can be very variable in what is eaten.

Yes, we have become omnivores but perhaps we should look at a more balanced diet for general health reasons.

22 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Yes, we have become omnivores but perhaps we should look at a more balanced diet for general health reasons.

We always were omnivores. Some people have become vegetarian. A balanced diet includes meat.

• Thanks 2