Computer experts on Phuket

dick dasterdly

I need to buy a new laptop, and also need to find a computer expert that can (hopefully) provide recommendations as to the new laptop - and then ensure that my new laptop has 'recovered' everything possible from my current laptop.  Long, boring, story with which I won't bore you......

Does anyone know of either a Western 'computer expert', or Thai with good English language skills that could help?

Have you lost data, thus needing data recovery, or just need to transfer data?

What are your required specifications for a new laptop?

Mid range laptops these days come with an i7 processor, 1TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, HD screen.  These are the main specs people look for, and more than enough to handle day to day computing.   

Edited by NamKangMan

9 minutes ago, schlog said:

Try JIB computers in old Central. They are on second floor.

Bought there last year a big pc tower and was happy with special request service and quality.

PowerBuy in the old Central building have a good range of laptops and I bought mine there (HP) about 18 months ago and it's been fine.

I did make a list of the things I wanted in a laptop before I went there and also checked out a few of them on the Internet before making my final decision.

If you follow that process and select one you like, then may I suggest you try the computer repair shop on the ground floor of Big C, the little shop next to the electrical supplies place, Amorn, as the two guys and one girl in that shop are excellent and would be able to extract the info and clean your old laptop of any residual files etc without any trouble and not costly at all.

Good luck in your search.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update.

Data Wizards on Phuket are no longer in existence ☹️.

Fortunately, I was sent a pm by a poster (Somtamnication), and so contacted him to see if he could help.

Happy to say that he was great, and was able to recover 'photos etc. from (a long discarded, full of rust) memory box!

I'd recommend him to anyone here looking for a  computer expert.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quick update.

Fortunately, I was sent a pm by a poster (Somtamnication), and so contacted him to see if he could help.

Happy to say that he was great, and was able to recover 'photos etc. from (a long discarded, full of rust) memory box!

Thanks DD. It was a pleasure to work with you and glad it worked out. Phew!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quick update.

Sorry about the false lead.  I had a feeling that possibly he wasn't still around as he hadn't posted on TVF for a while.

Moved on or gone home I guess.

19 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Thanks DD. It was a pleasure to work with you and glad it worked out. Phew!

You never know what you find when working with computers. Its always has its problems especially if your working with someone that is not super good with computers. Not saying that that is the case here. 

What i find hardest is all the passwords and stuff, that is why i use lastpass. 

3 hours ago, robblok said:

You never know what you find when working with computers. Its always has its problems especially if your working with someone that is not super good with computers. Not saying that that is the case here. 

What i find hardest is all the passwords and stuff, that is why i use lastpass. 

Entirely correct about Somtamnication trying to work with someone that is computer illiterate ????!

I blame the constant changes to Windows etc......  IMO pretty much every change makes what used to be simple, suddenly v. complicated.....