Oz Govt pension paid direct into Thai bank.

3 hours ago, a977 said:

I have my Australian pension paid into my Westpac account in Oz and then use Transfer wise to bring money to Thailand. You get a better rate this way and only a small fee eg; AUD 1,000 = 10.00 fee. This morning rate  Bangkok Bank 21.51 Transfer wise 22.1858. 

As reported on here, transferwise wont show your money coming from o/seas. 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:32 PM, indepth said:

Thanks. I am currently on a retirement ext. I receive a military disability pension from Oz. Need monthly income method. 

Same here DVA Disability pension, it's automatically transferred from OZ every 4 weeks into K Bank, there is an automatic e-mail available from K bank  with the details for every deposit. Whether the wording is acceptable for Thai retirement visa stuff I don't know. (I have PR so i'm not familiar with the wording / format etc needed for retirement visa documents. )

If you want to get more details on the automatic e-mail from K bank I encourage you to NOT go to a local branch to discuss this, been there done that, staff completely incapable of set up to make it happen let alone answer specific important questions. Go to a big branch, and before you go call K bank national call centre and get some details, the form number whatever. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, ozz1 said:

No problem with sending your pension from Australia to a thai bank ive been doing it for years you get the rba exchange rate wich isn't too bad just download the forms from centerlink no drama takes about a month before you get it but you get paid monthly

Not correct re the RBA exchange rates if you're referring to Centrelink payments.  Centrelink web site states this to be the case, but this has been proven to be incorrect. 3 years ago I queried the exchange rates with Centrelink, and sent them a spreadsheet showing the RBA exchange rates and the rate actually being received.  All credit to Centrelink because they actually telephoned me to discuss. It turns out that Centrelink had a contract with Citibank to remit all overseas transactions and that the exchange rates being used were actually Citibank's, not the RBA's. So Citibank were skimming on the rate AND deducting fees too. I have noticed with my current pension payments into my Thai bank account that Citibank is no longer being used, as the deposit description now reads Baht Sense, and their rate, while still not fully aligned with the RBA's rate, is much closer. It would be most beneficial if Centrelink could remit in AUD, as the exchange rates I can get from my Thai bank, while not great, are better than those in OZ.

Edited by TigerandDog
omission of clarifying information
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Not correct re the RBA exchange rates if you're referring to Centrelink payments.  Centrelink web site states this to be the case, but this has been proven to be incorrect. 3 years ago I queried the exchange rates with Centrelink, and sent them a spreadsheet showing the RBA exchange rates and the rate actually being received.  All credit to Centrelink because they actually telephoned me to discuss. It turns out that Centrelink had a contract with Citibank to remit all overseas transactions and that the exchange rates being used were actually Citibank's, not the RBA's. So Citibank were skimming on the rate AND deducting fees too. I have noticed with my current pension payments into my Thai bank account that Citibank is no longer being used, as the deposit description now reads Baht Sense, and their rate, while still not fully aligned with the RBA's rate, is much closer. It would be most beneficial if Centrelink could remit in AUD, as the exchange rates I can get from my Thai bank, while not great, are better than those in OZ.

My pension is from Comsuper,not centrelink.