Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Clock Ticking On Junta Party’s PM Offer To Prayuth

webfact

37 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

Latest from the very same source that very first leaked this story on Wednesday:

Remeber this is the same source that first broke the original story that no one believed.

It is true. I have just been told by a Thai friend that photos of about 20 tanks going into BKK are circulating amongst the Thais on social media.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

As I have been saying for a while now...I think it’s possible this was all a precursor needed to justify a countercoup.

Yes - an excuse to stop the election altogether.

Or: protests from the people are now expected - and the wonderful Thai army will be there to do its rightful and traditional job - contra the Thai people!

god this country needs a civilian revolution

if its not for training for the cobra gold exercises which start tomorrow, then its countless theories to a reason for

a coup for prayuts gang being played a game on,

a coup to stop the anti-junta votes gaining rapidly by cancelling the election,

a coup by prayuts men or

a coup by the new army chief.

geez what a short term mess

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yes. To my amazement, the press (abroad) are not saying a word about Mr. P.'s role in this - about his behaviour on that day. His behaviour and decision to stand AFTER THE BOMBSHELL HAD BEEN DROPPED are the key to the whole thing.

I think Thaksin has fallen into a cleverly laid trap. He was sincere in his intentions - but the junta had an even more cunning plan in place.

And just when we thought they were all complete cretins ...!

Or maybe he wanted to make somebody show their hand and reveal how they are being manipulated. Seems even the upper echelons have puppet masters

1 hour ago, bowerboy said:

Latest from the very same source that very first leaked this story on Wednesday:

”Removed to be safe”

Remeber this is the same source that first broke the original story that no one believed.

Ive been reading the same story around the web (Self censur on). is there Anything with video or picture

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Something is brewing. A good question is will western press drop all pretense and reveal all the juicy stuff or will they continue to tiptoe like they have before. Twitter certainly doesn't seem to be censoring.

If the reports are indeed true (which they probably are), this looks very serious indeed.

Almost certainly no 'election' now (and that is only the beginning ....!).

1 hour ago, humbug said:

the billionaires had goodie bags given out to people at the bangkok shutdown protests all in the same group

red bull goodie bags, chaan issara goodie bags, singha goodie bags, cp all goodie bags, these are facts, they openedly supported the coup gang along with the other billionaires and top tier of beauracracy and the democrat party, dont forget in the previous coup the cp group and the electricity board along with bangkok expressways were major backers. where at one point for 3 months cp stores took away outside bins in case of reprisals

its no coincidence that people joke calling it the cp junta. most of these billionaire families are also chinese origin and that also plays it part with the chinese state influence. These families have hugely enriched themselves at the expense of the freedom of the 50 million people  who live under the glass ceiling.

True, and Thaksin is one of those Sino-Thais.  He worked with the army to get his concessions and monopolies at the time. I remember when he gave the head of the junta in 1991-2, General Sunthorn Kongsompong (father of the current Army chief), a Daimler. "I could not have this day without Big Jod," he remarked.

9 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Just read that. Why that particular Province??? 

Is there a possibility that royal orders carry double meaning i.e. are written in code? We read about "Civil unrest in Phichit", but those in the know get a totally different message? 

7 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Is there a possibility that royal orders carry double meaning i.e. are written in code? We read about "Civil unrest in Phichit", but those in the know get a totally different message? 

That is an interesting thought.

I think we should all be very, VERY careful now what we write on here ...

14 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Read wiki on the history of Phichit town. Take care people, I don't have a good feeling about this.

11 hours ago, robblok said:

You are right the junta is not less corrupt then Thaksin and they should be investigated too. I hate that it does not happen. But its the same like saying let everyone jump red lights because some people jump red lights and don't get caught. It would only lead to more chaos not justice.

Anyway I 100% agree Thaksin is not the root of al evil, but he is found corrupt so he can't run. They should do this far more fairer but those who are caught are guilty of the crime. So no point in protecting them.

Anyway there is no good coming as long as corruption rules, too much money involved so no peace. Violence and unrest will keep on happening until no money can be made when your in government. 

I doubt it will ever be 100% corruption free but by decreasing corruption its less profitable to be in goverment so not worth the violence, the coups and so on. Anyway I can dream.

Though you are absolutely right, there is total imbalance.
Who on the other side has been caught, will be not allowed to run.

While on the Junta side, well never mind... 

That's why I reiterate, I can't see anything good coming for Thais in the foreseeable future.

Archived