Clock Ticking On Junta Party’s PM Offer To Prayuth

webfact

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, bannork said:

But for sure Thaksin is not the answer if you believe in democracy.

The answer is whoever the Thai people vote for, in a free election; in which it is up to the parliament to decide who forms a government, not an appointed senate, the army, or anyone else.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

The answer is whoever the Thai people vote for, in a free election; in which it is up to the parliament to decide who forms a government, not an appointed senate, the army, or anyone else.

Not if you have been banned from running because of corruption. The law is the law and its great that it keeps corrupt people out. Now you won't get any argument from me that they should apply the law fairly. But corrupt is corrupt and if caught face the punishment.

If you want anything to change in the country ever then corruption has to be fought (on all sides but anyone caught should just face the music)

12 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

so you think that selling your vote for cash should be the norm here? where are you from? 

The reality of vote buying as per Mrs Connda.

Outside of the polling station you get 500 THB to vote for a specific candidate or party.
Inside the polling station you vote however you wish to vote.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

The people have to have a choice that is a party owned by them with their interests at heart. Not a party owned by a billionaire who uses his money for his own interests and offers the people merely short term crumbs.

15 minutes ago, bannork said:

The people have to have a choice that is a party owned by them with their interests at heart. Not a party owned by a billionaire who uses his money for his own interests and offers the people merely short term crumbs.

'The people have to make a choice'...don't make me laugh..

You have been waffling on for years...and you are totally ignored

A mercenary.Thailand is good for mercenaries..

19 minutes ago, bannork said:

But when the elite offer them nothing for hundreds of years then crumbs are a godsend!

If the subjugation hadn't been so extreme then Thaksin would never have made it so far. He saw a opportunity and took it. Like him or loathe him he filled a vacuum and still has a lot of supporters.

12 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They got universal healthcare from T and that's what their vote costed.

It was the J. that gave out welfare checks some months ago - but that's ok because you are a fan of them i guess.

You should read what you quoted, but u seem to lack basic reading comprehension.

healthcare costed a vote? and I have comprehension problems? You shin fan boys better realize that ship sailed long ago and Jesus Christ himself isn't going to bring him back. And no I'm not pro military, the only reason the army is in power is because your boy (and his corrupt family) was just too damn greedy and got caught.  

39 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not if you have been banned from running because of corruption. The law is the law and its great that it keeps corrupt people out. Now you won't get any argument from me that they should apply the law fairly. But corrupt is corrupt and if caught face the punishment.

If you want anything to change in the country ever then corruption has to be fought (on all sides but anyone caught should just face the music)

The problem is: we just see how only one side is facing the music, the other one blatantly laughs on people's face, and go on more corrupt than yesterday, less corrupt than tomorrow.
There's no any good for Thailand in the foreseeable future.

Just now, newcomer71 said:

The problem is: we just see how only one side is facing the music, the other one blatantly laughs on people's face, and go on more corrupt than yesterday, less corrupt than tomorrow.
There's no any good for Thailand in the foreseeable future.

You are right the junta is not less corrupt then Thaksin and they should be investigated too. I hate that it does not happen. But its the same like saying let everyone jump red lights because some people jump red lights and don't get caught. It would only lead to more chaos not justice.

Anyway I 100% agree Thaksin is not the root of al evil, but he is found corrupt so he can't run. They should do this far more fairer but those who are caught are guilty of the crime. So no point in protecting them.

Anyway there is no good coming as long as corruption rules, too much money involved so no peace. Violence and unrest will keep on happening until no money can be made when your in government. 

I doubt it will ever be 100% corruption free but by decreasing corruption its less profitable to be in goverment so not worth the violence, the coups and so on. Anyway I can dream.

17 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

'The people have to make a choice'...don't make me laugh..

You have been waffling on for years...and you are totally ignored

A mercenary.Thailand is good for mercenaries..

Try and debate the topic rather than writing nonsense.

And try to quote correctly too- no one said the people have to make a choice.

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

does that include people paying bribes?

Yes it would be, I am not perfect. Paying bribes should be illegal (I believe it is) but taking bribes should be punished even harder. 

I havent had to pay a bribe in a long time, nowadays you can pay at the bigger check points and lone cops are not a problem anymore. But when I used to travel further I had to pay as I had no way to know where the police station was. 

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

Try and debate the topic rather than writing nonsense.

And try to quote correctly too- no one said the people have to make a choice.

Nonsense-this is a rigged election.

And you are correct "the people will have to make a choice" under a Hung Seng biased election where not even foreign observers are allowed

As for me "playing the man"-try-ever so hard-not to play the script.You must adore authoritarianism.

Any Westerners spruiking this script are,of course,mercenaries.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes it would be, I am not perfect. Paying bribes should be illegal (I believe it is) but taking bribes should be punished even harder. 

I havent had to pay a bribe in a long time, nowadays you can pay at the bigger check points and lone cops are not a problem anymore. But when I used to travel further I had to pay as I had no way to know where the police station was. 

Geez...

15 hours ago, Benroon said:

This has stuck in my mind - I don't believe I have ever purposely washed behind my ears !! It must be a veritable paddy field back there !!

Carry on - really enjoyable thread - I think that makes 3 now this year devoid of the woe is me brigade ????‍♂️

....and there are some that say I dont know what I am talking about......

42 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Nonsense-this is a rigged election.

And you are correct "the people will have to make a choice" under a Hung Seng biased election where not even foreign observers are allowed

As for me "playing the man"-try-ever so hard-not to play the script.You must adore authoritarianism.

Any Westerners spruiking this script are,of course,mercenaries.

The people have to have, not make, a choice- a party of their own, not a billionaire's toy.

Your condescension is dull and yet more nonsense.

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

The people have to have, not make, a choice- a party of their own, not a billionaire's toy.

Your condescension is dull and yet more nonsense.

you must mean the junta billionaires:

cp group brothers(back door unvestment vehicle for thr chinese state)= 16 billion

red bull heirs 9 of them also worth= 10 billion

Chang beer family= 5 billion

Central group family= 3 billion

Kasikorn bank family= 2 billion

bangkok bank family= 1 billion

theres many more billionaires who back the junta against freedom of people, Why? because it keeps making them more money

23 minutes ago, humbug said:

cp group brothers(back door unvestment vehicle for thr chinese state)= 16 billion

theres many more billionaires who back the junta against freedom of people, Why? because it keeps making them more money

Yes, the age-long plan and practice is simple, and diabolically selfish: keep the people dumbed down, dispossessed and powerless - and they will continue toiling and slaving away for those who effectively own and control them.

Some of us here - most of us, I suspect - feel a revulsion against the exploitation  by the rich and powerful of the weak, deliberately untutored (hence the execrable 'education' system in Thailand) and oppressed. Although those oppressed may exasperate some of us at times, our hearts nevertheless go out to them and are with them against their cold, condescending oppressors ....

On 2/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, spidermike007 said:

Looks like some of our problems may have been solved, with regard to immigration, the declining quality of life here, and the massive xenophobia that has gripped this administration. With the announcement of Princess Ubolratana running for PM, there is a near certainty that Prayuth is finished, and along with him, the hostile policies directed at foreigners. I doubt anyone can beat her. She is the daughter of a very noble man, who is beloved by the nation, she has done alot of good work for the nation, and she seems to be very well liked and respected. This is an amazing development, and potentially a game changer for the Thailand, setting it back onto a path of progress, moving forward toward democracy. I may sound optimistic, and I am. I despise the army, and Prayuth, as do the vast majority of Thais, and 98% of the ex-pat community, for very good reasons. This woman was born in Switzerland, attended primary to secondary levels at Chitralada School in Thailand. She then went to the United States for her tertiary education. She studied at MIT, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in mathematics in 1973. She later obtained a master's degree in public health at UCLA, and is more than likely not the xenophobe that is the very embodiment of both Prayuth and the Biggest Joke. I hope and pray she prevails in the election. I doubt anyone could seriously challenge her. 

Dream on. TIT 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:18 PM, donnacha said:

No, the candidacy has not been refused - there would be no legal grounds to do so - but [a high-profile individual] has been pressured into denouncing it, which makes it unfeasible for her to continue. Far more effective. Game, set, and match to Prayuth.

Hence the previous smirk on his face.

58 minutes ago, humbug said:

Lots and lots of filthy money.

Nobody has ever accused the Thai Amart of acting in the best interests of there country.

Which is why a German wrote the National Anthem..there is not a lot you can do to fit in "selfishness" and "filthy lucre" into a national song..

24 minutes ago, humbug said:

The billionaires support whoever is in power to protect their businesses, everybody knows that. If Pheua Thai win the election, they will support them.

The Thaksin cabinet members  themselves were very rich, including the last one.

To dislike Thaksin doesn't mean one likes authoritarianism, indeed Thailand under Thaksin was sometimes referred to as a police state.

in the upcoming election Pheua Thai, The Democrats, Bhumjai Thai and New Future should form a coalition, an MOU for the next 4 years to divide up the cabinet seats and hold a referendum to change the constitution. there are enough progressives in each party to enable that to happen.

Yes, legally a large percentage of the Senators, as well as MPs are needed to effect any change, but a referendum with a large majority saying yes is a step forward.

12 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Hence the previous smirk on his face.

Yes. As soon as I heard that he was officially standing for election (effectively against Someone) - I was baffled and suspicious.

I now suspect he knew a thing or two in advance. He had and has nothing to fear ..... ( .... yet!).

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

The billionaires support whoever is in power to protect their businesses, everybody knows that. If Pheua Thai win the election, they will support them.

The Thaksin cabinet members  themselves were very rich, including the last one.

To dislike Thaksin doesn't mean one likes authoritarianism, indeed Thailand under Thaksin was sometimes referred to as a police state.

in the upcoming election Pheua Thai, The Democrats, Bhumjai Thai and New Future should form a coalition, an MOU for the next 4 years to divide up the cabinet seats and hold a referendum to change the constitution. there are enough progressives in each party to enable that to happen.

Yes, legally a large percentage of the Senators, as well as MPs are needed to effect any change, but a referendum with a large majority saying yes is a step forward.

This is a military state-totally discombobulated Thai apologist

Reach for another script you might find one handy-tho' you might find it a little dusty after four years of inconsequential blather..

Who are you trying to kid?

Surely no Westerner would now fall for your lies...

Archived