Dual citizenship newborn and visa requirements for Thailand

My wife, newborn and I travelled to Thailand last december for a three month trip. Purpose was introducing the new family member to the Thai side of the family and ofcourse taking care of registrating the newborn in the Thai amphur etc. 

When I applied for a 3 month visa at the embasy in Netherlands, I was told our newborn daughter does not require a visa because for Thailand, she's considered Thai. Made sense to me, so I only get myself a 3 month visa, and we let our daughter travel into Thailand on a 30 day visa on arrival. Now this has expired and my wife heard that it's better to go to the immigration office with her passport to get everything sorted before we leave. And to my surprise we heard she is required to have a valid visa, which they charged us 1900 baht for. We didn't bring her Thai birth certificate with us, which they needed to give our daughter the visa. But I have questions wether this is really normal.

Our daughter is fully registrated in Thailand, has a Thai birth certificate, Thai passport as well as a Dutch passport. But since she entered Thailand on her Dutch passport she needs to leave on this as well. Does anyone have experience with this?

Buying a 1900 baht visa for a Thai citizen to be in Thailand sounds...  fubar... 

My wife and I now consider to just show both passports and the Thai birth certificate on the airport when we leave. 

If anyone has experience with this it would be much appreciated to share. ????

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

She should of entered the country using her Thai passport.

Now she has to leave on her Dutch passport. There is no way around that but she will not fined for an overstay since she is under the age of 15.

At that time she did not have a Thai passport yet. 

So if we just ignore the visa, she'll have an overstay but not get a fine for this? 

My wife and young daughter have both Thai and Australian citizenship and passports,

We live in Thailand and when we travel which we have several times they leave and arrive in Thailand using the Thai passports and use the Australian passports elsewhere.

The Australian passports are not shown to Thai Immigration.

We have never had a problem.

11 hours ago, StevieAus said:

My wife and young daughter have both Thai and Australian citizenship and passports,

We live in Thailand and when we travel which we have several times they leave and arrive in Thailand using the Thai passports and use the Australian passports elsewhere.

The Australian passports are not shown to Thai Immigration.

We have never had a problem.

This is how we'll do it from here on. However our daughter did not have a Thai passport yet at the moment of entering Thailand. ???? 

On 2/8/2019 at 9:52 AM, seabass69 said:

If you arrived on your German passport then you are German and need a visa. If you arrived on your Thai passport then you are Thai and don’t need (aren’t allowed to get) a Thai visa. This is from the perspective  of Thai Immigration 

I am aware of that professor thanks for your insight!