USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) Arriving In Gulf of Thailand

Banana7

13 hours ago, Banana7 said:

USS Green Bay LPD20 is also docked in Thailand. Some of her 700 sailors are here in Pattaya already. She is a San Antonio class amphibious transport dock.

A "stealth" ship for a bargain price of about 1.6 billion USD :whistling:

On 2/8/2019 at 6:20 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Believe me that all girls in pattaya and around know they are comming so don't worry about the nr of girls that will be there .

Pattaya is the city of love and since Valentines Day is this week, I imagine there will be lots loving. I wonder how many sailors or airmen will fall in love ? Lots of US service men have married Thai women during the Vietnam War era.

2 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Pattaya is the city of love and since Valentines Day is this week, I imagine there will be lots loving. I wonder how many sailors or airmen will fall in love ? Lots of US service men have married Thai women during the Vietnam War era.

Poor guys...I hope they will not be too gullible....

2 hours ago, cedel said:

Poor guys...I hope they will not be too gullible....

I doubt this is the first time they've encountered ready and willing women in search of a better life.

My old ship!

I spent many days/nights running on the treadmill on the Admiral's bridge. My last cruise in the Navy some years ago.

We never hit Thailand, but I did a few years prior on the USS Kitty Hawk. The line to the Corpsman office was nice and long after we "pulled out" ????

One kid from my work-center got an unknown to that point strain of Chlamydia in his eye from his...activities.

Fair Winds and Following Seas boys...and girls.

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

Someone else told me it was at Sattahip. 

At least thairath.co.th has a report with pictures that the USS Green Bay anchors at "Chuk Samet Pier." Sattahip Naval Base.

Can a ship as big as the carrier anchor at Sattahip?

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Inflation is going to catch up at Pattaya with the hordes of hungry seamen looking to flush their semen !!

(Wonder what their gals back home will do,  when they hear their ship docked near Pattaya ????)

About 1,600 servicemen, in 40-45 buses, came to Pattaya yesterday, Feb. 10 afternoon.

An excellent opportunity for Thai ladies to find a handsome young American for a husband.

In my Navy years - back in the sixties - whenever we docked in a foreign port, a list of areas and specific establishments which were off-limits was put up on the notice board. That was absolutely counterproductive, as the only result was that many copied this list  and headed directly in the ‘right’ direction.............

10 hours ago, Banana7 said:

This news article in the Bangkok Post says the carrier will anchor at Laem Chabang. Someone else told me it was at Sattahip.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/1627150/election-gives-cobra-gold-a-boost

Where's the local mini-carrier docked?  Wonder if it's going to be in any proximity to the Stennis?

Archived