7 11's

Globeliner

you can buy alcohol at foodland anytime of the day, as long as your buying 10 pcs or more.

At Lotus and Carefour it says you can buy alcohol at any time as long it is a whole crate of beer and some other rule (number of bottles or something), can't remember.

I suppose an alternative would be to grab a few ales from the fridge, have the exact cash, put that on the counter and run away, and prior to that have a wager with a mate to see how quickly they come outta the woodwork and give you a thrashing :o

There is nothing that screams 'class' and 'style' more than the a farang buying a single beer and drinking it on the streets outside a 7-11. It's a good look, for sure.

my maid doesen't come round on sat /sun so i gotta get my own breakfast, usually zip up to my local 7/11 at about 10.

2 cans of san mig lite, one hot-dog, one can iced coffee .

normally i guzzle one san mig outside the shop ( never really thought it was stylish but there you go..) wait till i go back to savour the second one with my breakfast. then a lite snooze and down town fro noon for more refreshments :D

simple things in life can bring enormous happiness :o

simple things, sure, but a 7-11 hot dog? no, thank you. street vendor food over 7-11 food any day.

and in any case, why is anybody here even drinking tiger? granted, you can use it for all sorts of things- cooking, etc- but it's worse than budweiser in terms of quality, taste, and value. may as well call it tigweiser. me mates and me call it refugee (backpacker) piss.

I used to stop at a local grocery for canned coffee in the early am. Across the street from the police station. Often a truck driver was in there having a couple of shots of lao khao poured by the owner into a jam jar glass. My other fav was the option of buying one cigarette and getting a free light from the Bt5 lighter chained to a string of elastic bands. Way classier than 7-11.

I am guessing that planning ahead and putting a few extra bottles/cans in the refridgerator has not been a success? Works for me.

CB

Never works. I just drink them. You think i'll buy a box it will last a few days. ###### off. 2 days tops. One day if the wife has a couple. The more thats in the fridge the more i drink. :o:D

No beer between 2-5.......never heard of that one

The last few posts remind me of an Australian customer of ours, who bought a bottle of wine back because it had 2003 on the label, and he said it was out of date. :o

Of course....beer and beach, that's all we (Aussies) understand.

However, if the wine was white, he could be right. If it were red, maybe his Thai companion complained it's not good for being chilled and drunk with ice.

I brought a couple of bottles of Penfolds Grange Hermatige over for my wedding six years ago, with the intention of ... well whatever you do with a $300 bottle of wine.

The day after the wedding I found that my father in law had opened both bottles & was drinking them with his mates .... diluted with water & cooled with ice. :D

A real eye opener.

Soundman.