800,000 in bank

I have maintained this balance for nearly 5 years for my retirement extension do I have to prove where it originally came from next time I renew my retirement extension ? . 

Also when I do my 90 day report do I have  to get a bank statement every time cost 100 baht? 

Or can I just update my book and show them (probably different at each io each day with a different io officer) 

4 minutes ago, salavan said:

I have maintained this balance for nearly 5 years for my retirement extension do I have to prove where it originally came from next time I renew my retirement extension ? .

No.

4 minutes ago, salavan said:

Also when I do my 90 day report do I have  to get a bank statement every time cost 100 baht? 

Or can I just update my book and show them (probably different at each io each day with a different io officer) 

At this time, it is not known for sure what the enforcement-mechanism will be for "leave the money in the bank after applying."  Some think it will be timed to 90-day reports, but there is no official word on this.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need for proof where your funds came from.

No need for a bank book or anything else to prove you bank balance when you do your 90 day reports. That was only a rumor.

So I assume that they Check the required balance once a year for the whole year when applying for a new extension

• Like 1

2 hours ago, salavan said:

So I assume that they Check the required balance once a year for the whole year when applying for a new extension

Logic would suggest this would be only practical way. Think about it, many many people exit Thailand prior than 90 days after extension. Personally over 7 yrs on extensions I have never done a 90 day report. As for taking a bank statement to imm. Ridiculous. As for showing bank balance not below 400 etc etc....could only be done at application for next extension.

This time Thai have lifted the bar. The bar of stupidity. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

On 800,000 he'd likely get at least 8,000 a year interest.

In any event, he could pay cash for the bank fee...

Can you demonstrate that? About 4/5 months ago my superfund shares in oz dived 3%....I lost 40k aud in couple of weeks. 2019 won't be better. Fixed deposits in au and elsewhere maybe 2.5% at best. Where do you get off on this stuff. Mind you I haven't even included tax implications. Geezus

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

...Personally over 7 yrs on extensions I have never done a 90 day report. As for taking a bank statement to imm. Ridiculous...

So 90 day reports are required, but there is no penalty for not having done them when you go for your annual extension renewal?

Edited by JimmyJ

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you demonstrate that? About 4/5 months ago my superfund shares in oz dived 3%....I lost 40k aud in couple of weeks. 2019 won't be better. Fixed deposits in au and elsewhere maybe 2.5% at best. Where do you get off on this stuff. Mind you I haven't even included tax implications. Geezus

0.01 X 800,000 = 8,000

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Actually, had you transferred that AUD to THB five months ago, you'd be about 8% to the good, not counting interest...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Actually, had you transferred that AUD to THB five months ago, you'd be about 8% to the good, not counting interest...

Wank##. I have been living here many years. Perhaps less than 5/6 years ago aud was positive against USD. Exchange for aud to Thai baht about 32/ . Au reserve is hinting interest rates down more likely  than up 2019. Au gov would longer term prefer aud to be well below 68usd. 

Aud forecasts for baht 2019 at best 22+.

The money I'm spending now I exchanged at 26.5.

I bring my money in green from au few times a year. I will be back au march or April and bring in 30k.

At some point will accept what I can obtain at say, superrich.

Your out of your dept. Type about stuff you understand. Its embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

So 90 day reports are required, but there is no penalty for not having done them when you go for your annual extension renewal?

90 day reports are required if you remain in Thailand for 90 days or more. If you don't then they are not required. Pretty simple.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

That's only 1% interest.

58 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

A 1 year fixed term account will get you 1.5% interest. (12,000 BHT pa).

A 3 year fixed term account will get you 1.8% interest. (14,400 BHT pa).

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes yes. Simple mistake. I deleted before reading this post. Concentrate on your other rubbish post than my 10vs1 % error

Which one might that be, perhaps my response to your bragging about your market prowess? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

In any event, he could pay cash for the bank fee...

Only on a FD account, not a savings account. 

Also 1200 withholding tax would be removed.

6 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

If you have done trips out of the country and not stayed in Thailand more than 90 consecutive days, reports are not required.

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

90 day reports are required if you remain in Thailand for 90 days or more. If you don't then they are not required. Pretty simple.

In Roi et, immigration still requires you to report on your return to update TM30 and then receive a new report date.

27 minutes ago, Longcut said:

In Roi et, immigration still requires you to report on your return to update TM30 and then receive a new report date.

Interesting. CW does not. I think strictly speaking, every time you return to your address you are suppose to file a tm30. I travel every week. If it was strictly enforced at CW, I would be there every week. Never done a tm30 in 7 years and never a problem at annual extension. Guess it depends on imm office. So at Roi et every time you reenter Thailand people need file a tm30? Seems crazy as address is on arrival card but rules are rules I guess.

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Interesting. CW does not. I think strictly speaking, every time you return to your address you are suppose to file a tm30. I travel every week. If it was strictly enforced at CW, I would be there every week. Never done a tm30 in 7 years and never a problem at annual extension. Guess it depends on imm office. So at Roi et every time you reenter Thailand people need file a tm30? Seems crazy as address is on arrival card but rules are rules I guess.

Normally, I just go straight from the airport to Immigration. My wife fills out the new TM30 since it is her address in the blue book. I only do this when I leave the country. I don't bother with it if I travel anywhere else in the country.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Bank deposits may or may not earn interest but they don't dive.  The principal is not subject to market fluctuations.

9 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

The aptly-named 90-Day reports are only due when one has stayed in Thailand for.... 90 days.  Don't stay in Thailand for 90 continuous days and no report is due.  Leaving the country resets the clock to 1 upon your re-entry to Thailand.

Not filing 90-Day Reports you were required to file may be detected when you have business to do at the immigration office, such as getting an annual extension of stay.  You can be fined up to 2,000 baht.  Up to 5,000 if they determine the deficiency was deliberate.

Edited by skatewash

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Only on a FD account, not a savings account. 

Also 1200 withholding tax would be removed.

That's odd, I and I think everyone else who has one, earn 1.3% (currently) on a Mee Tae Dai savings account at Krungsri Bank.  Not a fixed term account so I never have to file a Thai Income Tax return to get the withheld interest back as there is no interest withheld.

• Like 1