Flight ticket for SETV - How do you prepare for it when you plan to get an extension?

Hello, I am planning to apply for SETV, and I am planning to stay in Thailand for more than 60 days (extension) using the visa.

I have a return ticket, but because of my plan (almost 80 days in Thailand), my return date would be 80 days after arrival on Thailand.

There is no mentioning on the return ticket requirement, but it seems that the return date should be within 60 days after the arrival.

I am wondering how everyone on this forum prepares for the return ticket when the plan is to stay more than 60 days in Thailand (but less than 90.)

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

(I am planning to apply for the SETV at one of those neighbouring countries in SE Asia or South Korea, and I have EU passport)

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by zakuzzi

Dear jacko45k:

Thank you for your fast answer.

Oh, I see. But it seems that I need a flight ticket at the embassy (to get a SETV). I am wondering how I have to prepare for it to get a visa.

Thank you for your kind answer though.

Cheers,

1 minute ago, zakuzzi said:

Dear jacko45k:

Thank you for your fast answer.

Oh, I see. But it seems that I need a flight ticket at the embassy (to get a SETV). I am wondering how I have to prepare for it to get a visa.

Thank you for your kind answer though.

Cheers,

It might depend where you get the Visa but many accept proof of an outward flight within 90 days. If not the solution is usually to buy a cheap throwaway ticket, say DMG-KUL.

11 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If you tell us where you plan to apply, we might be able to tell you if the embassy or consulate in question will be okay with your ticket.

Good point. So many years since I did a setv but at Saigon consulate they wanted flight out within 60. Yes seems crazy as many people extend