Moving a Bike On -Only Have Green Book

freedomnow

Motorbike bought at auction, supporting sales paperwork may have been accidentally thrown out in last year. I think I mixed up that paperwork with

an older bike, and thought 'I don't need that stuff, that bike was sold ages ago'

Only have green book with the single previous owner in it (as the bike is still in old owner's name, not my own or g/f's)...also, transferring it away would be through a Thai g/f, not myself (avoiding residency cert. and all that).

Would the auction be able to re-issue anything based on the sale being logged in their computer system ?

Plan B - I read on old TV threads there are 'fixers' that can get over the speed bumps of various supporting documentation not being with the green book

at sale time to push through a transfer....Would these guys be in driving license places, transfer offices or pre-tax disc renewal inspection places you think ?

Edited by freedomnow

not going to be so easy without the paperwork to go with the bike and green book, no real need to change name especially if an older bike, as it can be taxed and insured just with the book.

no doubt there are people about that can sort it but will not be cheap.

i assume its a fairly new bike bought as a snatch back

Edited by steve187

33 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No excuse should of changed name in book when you bought it.

Go to DLT and sort it.

I did not want it in my name as its a headache to get residency cert etc, it was to go in my Thai G/fs name and I thought there was some kind of transfer documentation that she had as well.

4 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

I did not want it in my name as its a headache to get residency cert etc, it was to go in my Thai G/fs name and I thought there was some kind of transfer documentation that she had as well.

Your g/f should be able to sort it at the DLT if she really wants the bike.

Maybe she is happy just to leave it in the previous owners name.

I seriously doubt that DLT can/will do anything, as they have no record of the sale/transfer. You have a greenbook that shows the previous owner as THE owner -- as far as the DLT is concerned, "that's it", until the proper documentation is submitted along with the greenbook and the transfer is legally made. The auction company should be able to provide duplicate transfer documents if the greenbook is provided to them and the approximate date of sale, assuming it has not been "years" since you purchased the motorbike. That is certainly the best, and likely cheapest, place to start. With luck, they will give you everything you need to properly effect the transfer. If you are lucky enough to get the necessary transfer documents, do the transfer quickly, before you throw the new documents in the ????️ as "unnecessary trash".

Edited by Fat Prophet
fixed typo

18 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

I seriously doubt that DLT can/will do anything, as they have no record of the sale/transfer. You have a greenbook that shows the previous owner as THE owner -- as far as the DLT is concerned, "that's it", until the proper documentation is submitted along with the greenbook and the transfer is legally made. The auction company should be able to provide duplicate transfer documents if the greenbook is provided to them and the approximate date of sale, assuming it has not been "years" since you purchased the motorbike. That is certainly the best, and likely cheapest, place to start. With luck, they will give you everything you need to properly effect the transfer. If you are lucky enough to get the necessary transfer documents, do the transfer quickly, before you throw the new documents in the ????️ as "unnecessary trash".

Thanks, yes I think the auction will hopefully have the documentation in their records. Best first lead to move this bike down the line soon.