Different For Farang Girls?

I read the posts here with great interest and can't help but wonder is it really so different for us farang girls married to Thai guys?

Last June I applied for a one-year extension to the non-imm O visa I got in the UK and didn't have to show any proof of income. I had already moved money into my Bangkok Bank a/c in readiness and photocopied and signed every page of the bank book. The Immigration officer didn't even look at the copies and threw them straight in the bin! Her comment was that my husband was expected to take care of me so I didn't need to show proof of income. My husband's a freelance tour guide so doesn't have wage slips. Immigration just asked for a photocopy of his tour guide license to show that he was in employment.

We certainly don't have 40K a month and it would be very difficult to prove that we did.

I'm hoping that it will continue to be this easy in future as my one-year visa is up in a few month's time...

MCL

I read the posts here with great interest and can't help but wonder is it really so different for us farang girls married to Thai guys?

Last June I applied for a one-year extension to the non-imm O visa I got in the UK and didn't have to show any proof of income. I had already moved money into my Bangkok Bank a/c in readiness and photocopied and signed every page of the bank book. The Immigration officer didn't even look at the copies and threw them straight in the bin! Her comment was that my husband was expected to take care of me so I didn't need to show proof of income. My husband's a freelance tour guide so doesn't have wage slips. Immigration just asked for a photocopy of his tour guide license to show that he was in employment.

We certainly don't have 40K a month and it would be very difficult to prove that we did.

I'm hoping that it will continue to be this easy in future as my one-year visa is up in a few month's time...

MCL

No income or money in the bank required.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Welcome to a patriarchal society madcatlady. The husband is the head of the family and thus is the one expected to take care of his wife. In fact, my husband was required to sign a petition asking for my one year extension, he is requesting the extension, not me.

Welcome to a patriarchal society madcatlady. The husband is the head of the family and thus is the one expected to take care of his wife. In fact, my husband was required to sign a petition asking for my one year extension, he is requesting the extension, not me.

True true. I was admitted to hospital here and while in the ER my husband was asked to sign the papers!

But the Thai immigration laws may prove to be the one and only time that sex discrimination has worked in my favour!

MCL

Crazyness,all the hardwork that we man have to do to get a f...ing nonO.....

But in regards to you ladies,I am happy for all of you,indeed like one lady said,the first time it is in a womans favor....And that is not a bad thing,maybe I was born in the wrong kinda body then???

Nahhh,better not :o

where are all the female equal opportunity activists? in the US they would be protesting this rule by now in order to afford woman the same "rights" as men. (have to show 40k a month) just kidding.

we want to have to show 40k monthly income. we want to...................

wouldnt that be a laugh?