Regarding new Extensions $$$ regulations

phuketrichard

I extended my retirement in Phuket on this Feb. this year.
It was THB 800k in Thai bank method, no pension paper.
No big change form last year.
Thai officer made 90 days report for me even though it was so many
days before next due date.
I got new permission to stay up to Mar. next year.

And Thai officer gave me this paper. It is in both Thai and Eng.
I up only Eng part. No new information.

Nothing about 90 days.

I know requirments are to be changed from Mar. 1st this year.
But I do not know what actually should I do.
I hope I will get or someone will up new information after Mar. 1st.

aa.jpg

• Thanks 1

of course

BUT now how will they check and what about the issues i raised?

There is nothing in the hand out reprinted above that deals with my questions.

Many people believe that they will NOT check the 800,000 is in the bank 3 months after the extension.

NOR will they check you keep 400,000 in the bank the renaming 6 months

UNTIL your next extension is due

What the vol is staying is EVERYONE now needs visit immigration 4x /year to have your bank book checked.

Anyone else want put in their $.05 worth?

• Like 1

PHUKET:
for what its worth an HOPE it changes

Was in phuket immigration today for new address notification (changed rentals)
asked the volunteer about new regulations and how they were going to monitor them,

She said;
show your 800,000 in the bank via your Bankbook 3 months in advance of applying,
than after your extension is issued they will give you your new 90 day report date at which time you will need come back with your bank book showing 800,000 still there
After 3 months will need report BACK again with your bank book for your next 90 day report, than again after 3 months showing 400,000
after which u will need start the 800,000 for next extension.

I asked what if you do your 90-day report online or via mail,...she didn't know
asked what if  you travel and your 90 day is reset... she didn't know
asked what if i show 6 months of 65,000 international wires (my extension is due 4th of July) and before used the embassy letter.
she said Up to the Immigration officer if he will accept or not.

In Pattaya agents are there to "assist", am sure phuket will have some...  BUT she said..wont happen here...

SO all in all still a royal cluster F#@K ...
God i hope they deal with these matters...

I suggested that some IOS would invent something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i'll be doing my 3rd annual extension in a few months.  i've never done a 90 day report as i never spend 90 days in a row in the country.  will be interesting to see how they want to check my bank balances.  i use a foreign currency account to cover the equivalent of 800,000thb and it just sits there.  so hopefully they'll see that when i do my 4th extension and i won't have any issues.

3 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Nothing about 90 days.

aa.jpg

Why don't they ever get these translations proofread? One of the volunteers could do it. It'd take a few minutes to convert the above into grammatically correct English.

• Like 1

Assuming my understanding of new 800/400k requirement is true,
what should I do on or after next retirement extension ?

(1) Report bank amount at TM-47 90 days notification.
    It will not be like this, I hope.

(2) Prepair bank print out of my accout history for past 1 year,
    no other change.
    Now my bank makes the paper for past 6 month.
    Someone told me minimum requirement is for past 3 month.
    Well, 6 covers 3.
    If this is the only change, (not good, but) not too bad.

(3) At extension, I will get "extemsion is under consideration"
    and "come to immigration again after 3 month with bank paper".
    After showing THB 800k, I will get 9 month permission to stay.

I just imagine it will be something like one of these.
I have to wait for a while.

6 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

of course

BUT now how will they check and what about the issues i raised?

There is nothing in the hand out reprinted above that deals with my questions.

Many people believe that they will NOT check the 800,000 is in the bank 3 months after the extension.

NOR will they check you keep 400,000 in the bank the renaming 6 months

UNTIL your next extension is due

What the vol is staying is EVERYONE now needs visit immigration 4x /year to have your bank book checked.

Anyone else want put in their $.05 worth?

I'm not surprized that no one here believe the police order 35/2562 will be followed in practise. That's not to say 35/2562 followed in practise makes it easy but hopefully the good / bad man will clean up practises in his own backyard before he wash out every foreigner in country and IMO it will be 2months before and 3months after which (the 3months after requirement) first will kick in with the applicants 2020 extension where applicant have to prove that with a bank letter.

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Read somewhere that everything will be checked on the next extension. They will look at your bank-book for a full year to see if you have complied. If not, no further extension.

Sounds very easy to check.

By far the most logical method but I don't think it matters what we've read or heard; nothing regarding the procedure has been announced yet. Guess we'll have to wait until after March 1st when people start renewing.

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

By far the most logical method but I don't think it matters what we've read or heard; nothing regarding the procedure has been announced yet. Guess we'll have to wait until after March 1st when people start renewing.

It really is the only way. I'm on a retirement visa, but, never in the country more than 90 days, so, don't do a 90 day report, which can be done online anyway, as can reaffirmation of address. Next extension is the ONLY time that they can check ALL retirees for compliance.

• Like 1

i agree,

no way can they handle all that additional paperwork, (and as always each office will interpret the rules differently ) nor require everyone to visit immigration every 90days with their bank book.

Ahhh thailand

Edited by phuketrichard

16 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Nothing about 90 days.

aa.jpg

Am I thick or is this last bit of info new?? Over 60 you now only need 200,000 a year or 20,000 a month??!?!?! 

Just now, DPKANKAN said:

Am I thick or is this last bit of info new?? Over 60 you now only need 200,000 a year or 20,000 a month??!?!?! 

I think this relates to people who obtained their first retirement extension before 2000. But how you can be aged between 55 and 60 if that's the case I don't know. As I said before, a bit of proofreading would help.

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

I think this relates to people who obtained their first retirement extension before 2000. But how you can be aged between 55 and 60 if that's the case I don't know. As I said before, a bit of proofreading would help.

That is the grandfathering of old rules/requirements.

18 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

That's what you get when uneducated people that have good connections are put into positions of authority. Nothing is thought through.....

The same could be said about some people who make decisions at the embassies/State Dept/FCO (?) who probably "qualified" for their positions because of family political connections.

Thinking things through or considering the consequences of what they're doing is obviously beyond many of them and damage control usually consists of shifting the blame or some version of "let them eat cake."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

The same could be said about some people who make decisions at the embassies/State Dept/FCO (?) who probably "qualified" for their positions because of family political connections.

Thinking things through or considering the consequences of what they're doing is obviously beyond many of them and damage control usually consists of shifting the blame or some version of "let them eat cake."

I believe that the four embassy's that stopped the letters did the right thing. Obviously, you would rather they were dishonest as long as it benefits you.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

I believe that the four embassy's that stopped the letters did the right thing. Obviously, you would rather they were dishonest as long as it benefits you.

How many times? The British Embassy did not stop it's letters because of "dishonesty" by it's citizens or itself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How many times? The British Embassy did not stop it's letters because of "dishonesty" by it's citizens or itself.

You misunderstand me.

Thai immigration wanted the letters as proof that the embassy had verified the income claimed.

The embassy's told them that that wasn't possible as they cannot perform a verification of the claimed income. Therefore, they did the honest thing and stopped the letters.

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

I dont think you will find anything that shows any of the embassies were ever dishonest, most just witnessed a signature on a personal statement or verified they had been shown documents.

• Like 1