Strategies to reverse ageing

webfact

I agree at the expense of becoming a recluse and loosing your sense of humour, lighten up on that daily intake of "T" bone steaks and that carton of piss and keeping active thats the key all else follows, unfortnutley not everyone can do this, the other way to keeping young is of course die young.

As long as there is no social security scheme or welfare system in place the ageing are doomed. Specially in this more and more Narcistic society we call the world... By the time they wake up the Thais will not be able to organize a welfare system for the poor and elderly because there will be no one left to pay for it.

In the old days the kids were active and climbed trees etc.  Now everyone sit in front of a screen , they sit instead of walking . No wonder the younger generation are out of shape. 

I watched a Youtube clip the other day that was filmed 110 years ago and people were slim and walked instead of driving a car, maybe used the bicycle instead.   Always moving around, of course they had other problems back in 1904 , penicillin was not invented yet. Still, many of these young kids grew up to the old ripe age of 90 ++ .   

This is a street scene from England 1904  (speed corrected w/ added sound) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

I propose four key factors:

1. Keeping mentally active.

2. Keeping physically active.

3.     Having a healthy diet with significantly lowered food consumption. 

4.     Having lots of love and “social wealth”. 

Apart from #4, they don't apply to Thais.

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

As long as there is no social security scheme or welfare system in place the ageing are doomed. Specially in this more and more Narcistic society we call the world... By the time they wake up the Thais will not be able to organize a welfare system for the poor and elderly because there will be no one left to pay for it.

Isn't that precisely why old people - and the middle-aged - need to look after themselves better?

13 hours ago, balo said:

I see some really tragic cases here in Pattaya.  The key to live a healthy lifestyle is not to sit on a bar stool all day . 

But there are some of us who enjoy life without alcohol and personally I get plenty of daily exercise.

Eating healthy food every day can be a challenge. Eat less of the bad stuff like red meat and more veggies and fruit is probably the way to go. 

Alcohol and exercise are not mutually exclusive.

Last week I cycled nearly 80Km, hiked 21Km in the mountains, and got drunk every afternoon.

My personal theory is as long as you exercise enough, you can eat and drink whatever you want, whenever you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Early to bed,

Early to rise,

Makes a man,

Healthy, wealthy and BORING!

Life is short....have fun (responsibly and in moderation)!

image.jpeg.934f5b096065c75241eea51c9960e233.jpeg

Take 2 hr naps in middle of the day helps me  -  I learned from the Thais, they are the Power Nap-Masters!! 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My personal theory is as long as you exercise enough, you can eat and drink whatever you want, whenever you want.

Yes of course, just be a bit careful with the booze, I enjoy a beer from time to time , but getting drunk or high will probably kill a few of your brain cells. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

The advice that a wholesome diet and regular exercise will tend to increase health and longevity has been around for many decades, yet so many people seem to ignore the advice.

People do ignore the advice, the fact is most folks don't have a clue what constitutes healthy eating, how often do we read about the "great Thai food" usually based on price. Is red meat unhealthy, if it is grass fed, not grain - yes it is, people are kept in the dark about what is healthy and what is not with endless articles in the newspapers telling them what to eat and what not, most disagree with each other & don't rely on your doctor to tell you what to eat, most don't have a clue!

Educating yourself is the only option, don't rely on others to "tell" you, most are paid for advertising articles! :shock1:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, balo said:

Yes of course, just be a bit careful with the booze, I enjoy a beer from time to time , but getting drunk or high will probably kill a few of your brain cells. 

Almost all my relatives that made it past 70 suffered from dementia (only 50% made it past 65).

At 63, I see no reason to try to preserve anything, death is coming in the near future.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Im combining that with a limitation on certain foods. I walk 4 miles minimum every day

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

At 63, I see no reason to try to preserve anything, death is coming in the near future

Which is why I cheat and eat ice cream, smoke weed, stoner out and take pics, and chase sub 30 year old ladies. I woke up today, who knows about tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1