Video: Outa my way! Motorcyclist knocks pedestrian down on the footpath

webfact

5 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

The real problem here is that in Thailand many, if not most, males under the age of 45 have the education of a dog. Look around you. The anthropomorphism is striking.  

True. Most are like wild animals. Look at their behaviour. In fact, wild animals are better behaved.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Including teaching children from an early age, step by step about building and maintaining a civil society (and without specific political content). One serious aim being to teach kids that all civil societies have laws for good reasons and they apply to all and their must be  a justice system which is fair to all.

But children are taught about Thailand-not a country with a fair justice system.

It is the pedestrian's own fault. Everybody knows that pedestrians have no rights in Thailand and that the footpaths are for the exclusive use of motorbike riders, food and trinket vendors, and the displaying of advertising signage. Next time, walk on the road - it is much safer.

Ever since our illustrious General leader took over (not that I think he is doing that bad a job)

the boys in blue have made it clear that they will do as little as possible to maintain law & order.

In our one way Soi they drive their motorbikes the wrong way on the footpath with what has been for 4 years "impunity"

Also cars never even understand a one way street.

It was well policed before but now ?   nothing...... Total anarchy 

to be fair, you must understand that Thais don't want to get involved because they dont want to die. 

A Thai friend of mine was shot dead for interfering with a motorcycle theft. 

He confronted the guy verbally (not physically) and the thief, turned murderer, turned and shot him dead. 

There are many many examples of this. Video from a distance, take licence plate numbers etc. But be very very careful out there. We all know life is cheap here. 

Unfortunately the video is not available for me to see.  But from the photo´s, to me it looks like the guy deliberately is standing and blocking the passage for both pedestrians and motorcyclists.  Why not step aside, if you are just standing and waiting for the bus?

16 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Unfortunately the video is not available for me to see.  But from the photo´s, to me it looks like the guy deliberately is standing and blocking the passage for both pedestrians and motorcyclists.  Why not step aside, if you are just standing and waiting for the bus?

Even if your guess was correct, it does not excuse the fact that it is ILLEGAL (and dangerous) to drive in the pavement. 

Your suggestion is a very common Thai approach, where everyone is just flexible which can work, but it is a system better suited to human societies a thousand years ago, not in a modern world with modern needs. 

Thais need laws and ethical codes and need to understand why they have them and why they benefit from following them - even when nobody is watching them. 

the guy that was hit. Was that his bike parked to the left or was it parked there to block the path a little more?. Douche looked like he was trying to be hit. No sympathy.

Yep, thais have no morals, empathy, yada, yada.. This is what happens when tlyour brought up without discipline. You learn nothing and therefore know nothing but have a whopping ego that can say otherwise. This stupidity will never stop. Thais need to drop the charade and listen if they want to better the lives of thais because thais cant do it. Prove me wrong!

23 minutes ago, pogal said:

to be fair, you must understand that Thais don't want to get involved because they dont want to die. 

A Thai friend of mine was shot dead for interfering with a motorcycle theft. 

He confronted the guy verbally (not physically) and the thief, turned murderer, turned and shot him dead. 

There are many many examples of this. Video from a distance, take licence plate numbers etc. But be very very careful out there. We all know life is cheap here. 

I too can understand Thais for minding their own business but I cannot respect them for doing so. They have no courage to improve their society which I find so fascinating as they LOVE saying the word "Thai" as often as they can. 

Perhaps their professed love for the country is like so many other things here: image over substance. 

Until they are brave and selfless, the country will be rotten. Best policy is to avoid them whenever one can. 

6 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

The real problem here is that in Thailand many, if not most, males under the age of 45 have the education of a dog. Look around you. The anthropomorphism is striking.  

To some extent true.

On the other hand lack of awareness of laws and why we have laws etc., is very much the fault of parents, lack of discussion et., about right and wrong, etc.

My own outer Thai family best examples ever, many just loudly strongly refuse to even believe there are laws. 'True I didn't stop at the red light, because it's up to me!"   And a lot more.

6 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Combined with the total lack of role models or moral guidelines.  The rot starts at the top and runs right down to the bottom.

6 minutes ago, 1duckyboy said:

If a motorbike were coming straight at me I'd step aside. Being in the right won't do you any good if you're dead or injured. 

But you've missed the point.

You could easy get run over for stepping in the path of a bike coming the other way. :giggle:

The pavement is for two way traffic not just one way. :cheesy:

7 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I can't believe no one even tried to help the man....

This is very TYPICAL...

In Thailand: He who has the larger vehicle gets his/her way.

It's sad but true.

This is also another reason why Thailand is looked upon as a third world country.

cant believe the clown never saw the bike coming and got out the way 55555555555

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I'd agree, but I think the more relevant idea is that whether past or current, any courtesy Thais showed or show other Thais is GREATLY diminished when they deal with outsiders. 

In my view, if a society cannot treat outsiders with the same grace and care they treat each other with, that is NOT a caring society. 

Thais are courteous to other Thais based almost entirely on fear and who is "bigger" than the other. Because we Farang are outsiders and therefore have no power in their society, their true, primitive, nature shows. 

Not a respectable culture in that regard. 

It might have to do with the fact that we treat them like cockroaches in their own country and look down on them as if they were here to server us, the white colonial expats.  We come here with our big money, take the best women for ourselves and believe we are bigger than the king himself.  The more oppressed the locals are, the more rebellious their behavior. They had to fight back eventually.  Very soon Thailand will close itself off. Enjoy it while it lasts.

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

I too can understand Thais for minding their own business but I cannot respect them for doing so. They have no courage to improve their society which I find so fascinating as they LOVE saying the word "Thai" as often as they can. 

Perhaps their professed love for the country is like so many other things here: image over substance. 

Until they are brave and selfless, the country will be rotten. Best policy is to avoid them whenever one can. 

You don't sound like you live in Thailand.

Just now, KiChakayan said:

Now you are being insulting to Dogs as if you teach them discipline from an early age they will always respect Human Beings and do as they are told !

38 minutes ago, moutamine said:

It might have to do with the fact that we treat them like cockroaches in their own country and look down on them as if they were here to server us, the white colonial expats.  We come here with our big money, take the best women for ourselves and believe we are bigger than the king himself.  The more oppressed the locals are, the more rebellious their behavior. They had to fight back eventually.  Very soon Thailand will close itself off. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Many expats are arrogant by Thai standards, but this is true of expats everywhere. And, it includes non-white expats, too! 

Most foreigners here do NOT come with big money. You may be thinking of Singapore or Tokyo or London. Most expats in Thailand are guys who worked hard for a living and want to relax and stretch their money in a good climate. 

9 out of 10 Thais would strongly disagree that Farang take the best girls. Ask them! 

I do agree that Thailand is cutting itself off. I think it is the "wet dream" of most Thais to seal the country off from the world with a handful of designated Thais who are charged with interacting with the "outside world". 

Archived