Finished with Thailand

drayger

First apologies if this is wrong section mods please move to appropriate but so angry cannot think straight. I'm in UK at moment had call from wife 3 am in UK she was distraught someone poisoned and killed our dog killed her cat and nailed it to front door so much for budism. The only thing I can think this relates to is we decided to close a market on our land due to noise and complaints from neighbours this was a free site and had been used for 3 years we did manage to secure a new site but this incurred costs for the traders but not to us. But the owners of new site charges a percentage of takings, seems now my whole family is being punished for something that we could not avoid all we were trying to do was keep harmony in village but now wife wants to sale house and move away from village she has lived most of her life threats also to our son. My love affair with Thailand has come to a end your all welcome to it 

Yep, that will do it.  There is nothing so malign, nasty and vindictive as a pxxxed off villager in Thailand. Buddhism not withstanding, the locals often have little regard for life, human or otherwise, and for people's private property.  It's called social hypocrisy.   

46 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Sounds like the horse head scene from the Godfather.  I'd suggest they got the idea from watching Falang movies.  I wouldn't blame it on Thailand but Hollywood.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC1_tdnZq1A

no, thais gets stingy when told to pay their ways,

money is their only value, and they clinch onto it like if its life or death.

same with 'face', theres no actual shame getting caught red handed with mischief, its that they got exposed and will have a harder time scamming ahead, which cause anger.

not anger at them self mind you, but anger directed at whomever is deemed responsible for loss of future scams

5 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

same with 'face', theres no actual shame getting caught red handed with mischief, its that they got exposed and will have a harder time scamming ahead, which cause anger.

not anger at them self mind you, but anger directed at whomever is deemed responsible for loss of future scams

Well thought out reply.

12 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

If the Thais you know have money as their only value you are being cheated.  Most Thais I know have a complete set of values same as any other culture.  Good temples and bad temples.  Same as anywhere. 

The OP got hit by some local mafia that think they can scare him.  Unless he is a rambo type the obvious choice is to move to a country that has a better defined rule of law and a police force that is less expensive to buy justice from. 

42 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

If the Thais you know have money as their only value you are being cheated.  Most Thais I know have a complete set of values same as any other culture.  Good temples and bad temples.  Same as anywhere. 

The OP got hit by some local mafia that think they can scare him.  Unless he is a rambo type the obvious choice is to move to a country that has a better defined rule of law and a police force that is less expensive to buy justice from. 

yes, there are a couple of unicorns that stands out,

but the usual national trait is shy away from any bill,

preferably handing it over to nearest falang in sight, under the pretense its what friends do. and friend is defined as 'happen to be around'

2 hours ago, drayger said:

The only thing I can think this relates to is ...

2 hours ago, drayger said:

I'm in UK at moment

Maybe, just maybe, this has nothing to do with the market at all.

I.e. maybe someone else pet was killed and someone thought someone in your house did it.

Obviously that is still horrible. But I think you should not make conclusions based on patchy facts. You were not there and maybe there are things going on which you don't know.

Maybe your wife knows more details and maybe she will tell you - but maybe not.

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously that is still horrible. But I think you should not make conclusions based on patchy facts. You were not there and maybe there are things going on which you don't know.

Maybe your wife knows more details and maybe she will tell you - but maybe not.

My first thought was unpaid gambling debts.

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Yep, that will do it.  There is nothing so malign, nasty and vindictive as a pxxxed off villager in Thailand. Buddhism not withstanding, the locals often have little regard for life, human or otherwise, and for people's private property.  It's called social hypocrisy.   

maybe, for them,  it's called save FACE

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Sounds like the horse head scene from the Godfather.  I'd suggest they got the idea from watching Falang movies.  I wouldn't blame it on Thailand but Hollywood.  

Offhand I can't remember; did they nail the horse's head to the Directors door so he would use Johnny Fontane in his next picture? No … So Hollywood had nothing to do with it.

You have an extremely overactive yet defective, imagination. 

Honestly feel for you but why farang decide to set up house in the sticks I'll never know. Family drama, village drama, headman drama, crappy immigration station drama. All a bunch of bumpkins. Are you really surprised?

You've no idea at all? Neither does she? Have you ever known her to gamble? Ever?

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Offhand I can't remember; did they nail the horse's head to the Directors door so he would use Johnny Fontane in his next picture? No … So Hollywood had nothing to do with it.

You have an extremely overactive yet defective, imagination. 

Mafia killed an animal very close to the person in the story and put him in the guys bed.  Same idea as the person in the OP.  Thais nailed it on the door because the criminals in Thailand are not as bad as the Farang real Mafia.  But it certainly is the same principle.  

OP sorry to hear what has happened.

Question, how did the Market get established on your (wife's) property, plus allowing the stall owners to operate for free ?

If the answer is because you wanted to help the stall owners / village, then you can see how they really feel about you.

This is of course assuming that it was someone from the market and not a result of something else.

Just another reason not to live in a village.

The joys of village life , packs of dogs yapping , roosters that dont care if it 6am midnight or mid day , loud speakers at sun up, surrounded by drunken hillbillies .... and now add cats nailed to doors !! 

Leave me outta That !!!

58 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Mafia killed an animal very close to the person in the story and put him in the guys bed.  Same idea as the person in the OP.  Thais nailed it on the door because the criminals in Thailand are not as bad as the Farang real Mafia.  But it certainly is the same principle.  

You are using the Godfather scene as if it were real?  It was only a movie.  It didn't actually happen lol.

3 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

Honestly feel for you but why farang decide to set up house in the sticks I'll never know. Family drama, village drama, headman drama, crappy immigration station drama. All a bunch of bumpkins. Are you really surprised?

You've no idea at all? Neither does she? Have you ever known her to gamble? Ever?

Farang dont " decide" The skirt he chased gave an ultimatum and farang meekly followed. I've never seen men be such weaklings in Thailand , handing their balls on a platter to a 4 foot nothing pip sqeek !

Perfectly sums up the hypocrisy of Thais !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, madmen said:

The joys of village life , packs of dogs yapping , roosters that dont care if it 6am midnight or mid day , loud speakers at sun up, surrounded by drunken hillbillies .... and now add cats nailed to doors !! 

Leave me outta That !!!

I went back to my wife's mother's village to get married a decade ago. Her parents smart enough to move to BKK decades ago.

Maybe 20 years ago I was traveling around Issarn instead of the Andaman for the cool season. It was a lot of fun and I met a lot of great people. I like the food as well.

On my wedding day I notice the tiny village void of productive members of society. A ghost town save for the lovely older people that attended our wedding.

Walking down the street in wee hours as I was getting into the car to go to the wedding, a pair of shitfaced drunken 20 something's. The only males under 50 I saw in the moo ban in two days.

I would never give 20k or 200k to my American wife if I'd ever wanted or had one. No reason to buy land and home for Thai wife. There will be far more left for her when I'm gone than her being single or having married a Thai man - which at 33 when I met her, impossible.

So to the OP. You're done with Thailand. You resetting her in UK or divorce her?

10 hours ago, tlandtday said:

You are using the Godfather scene as if it were real?  It was only a movie.  It didn't actually happen lol.

Some time ago I read an article about that movie. And it seems that scene was inspired by a real Mafia event.

Sorry, I don't remember where I read it.

10 hours ago, madmen said:

Farang dont " decide" The skirt he chased gave an ultimatum and farang meekly followed. I've never seen men be such weaklings in Thailand , handing their balls on a platter to a 4 foot nothing pip sqeek !

In the western world you behave like that or they chuck you out, while keeping your house/car/pension/kids.

At least here, when you leave you can take your pension with you.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, drayger said:

so much for budism.

FWIW, I’ve been studying Buddhism since I was in my teens, and I’ve seen no evidence that Thailand is a Buddhist country.

”Bahtist” would probably be more accurate.

Archived