RIA transfer vs a SWIFT transfer by KTB for a flat rate of 1,600 THB

How you doing?

The other day, I used RIA at GSB. The form was easy to fill out. But the staff was telling me nonsense regarding "no fee".

Okay, I sent only 5,500 THB and had to leave in a hurry as the lunch break hour was up.

Upon return, they said "the payment was made" and "there is a 695 THB charge". The exchange rate wasn't great either. And on their website, they fail to state clearly how much such a transfer will cost.

About 2 years ago, I checked out Western Union. Forex losses and fees amounted to about 20%. He** no! ????

With having about 45,000 THB to send, that 1,600 THB flat rate deal by KTB might be the better option. TRANSFERWISE won't do it from Thailand to my home country.

Cheers,

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

What is your home country?

You might have read about the "DeeMoney" company?

But they are limited to certain countries. No Euro countries.

Germany - SEPA. Also got a UK bank account. - Dee Money, "save it on the tomatoes, put it on the potatoes", charging a worse forex rate? They all need to make money, of course.

They have very good reviews. Rates and fees seem to beat what is available otherwise.

As written they do not (yet?) operate to Euro countries.

That why I lost interest in them.

So Germany is not an option.

UK would work.

Rates for transfer:

https://www.dee.money/money-transfer-rate/

Very detailed thread about the company (based in Bangkok):

Hi. It's maybe a bit of a detour, but you could use DeeMoney to get your money to a transferwise offshore account in USD or GBP. Then in transferwise, you can simply convert it into euro, and transfer to anywhere within the EU. As Transferwise is not a bank, they charge a small fee of 0.80 euro for that. Hope that will help.

If it's not too urgent, that should do the trick.

Personally, I just make sure to have money from Europe sent to my Transferwise account, so that it's easier to transfer to other countries, but of course, that depends on your personal circumstances.

I had never heard of DeeMoney yet, but it sounds like good option.

Archived