Walter Mittys And Con Men

GuestHouse

No one has mentioned spooks. I have met three men in Bangkok, who very mysteriously claim to be 'working for my government'. Do you think they only use that on women they want to impress!

:o

it means they are paid by their government.....welfare

:D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I do my own investing and I get more than 20% :o

Most financial advisors business in Thailand are scams. I have stopped a few friends in Pattaya from investing into them. For a flat fee, I gave them my advice instead, with no strings attached or stocks pushing.

Well, this story is nothing unusual. Actually I got scamed once, last year. The funny thing is he had all the signs of the con man and I knew it, and my BS detector was in the red the all time. He tried to scam me for 50,000 bath but he got away with 25,000 bath. I think I gave him the money to prove myself that I was right. The minute I gave him the money, I knew I would never see the color of it. He was involved in some "Training" company, a big front for a even bigger scam and money landering. I reported him to immigration, and called the Department of Commerce as it turned out that his company was not even registered in Thailand. They were not happy at immigration and promised me they will catch the guy. Not big amount of money, but you can't let those guys run around and steal money from other farangs. They give farangs a bad name and it makes life for us there even more difficult. Report them to immigration as usually they overstay or do not have the right visas when they are in Thailand.

The funny thing is he would have got more from me if he had "delivered" what I asked him after the first 25,000 bath. I was planning to blow 100,000 bath on him. That's a lot of bar fines :D

The funny thing is he would have got more from me if he had "delivered" what I asked him after the first 25,000 bath. I was planning to blow 100,000 bath on him. That's a lot of bar fines

I wonder if you and I could meet up?

As I have an idea for building houses with two bedrooms and one hundred and tweny eight bathrooms.

It sounds an ideal way for you to offload all these excess baths you have.

The funny thing is he would have got more from me if he had "delivered" what I asked him after the first 25,000 bath. I was planning to blow 100,000 bath on him. That's a lot of bar fines

I wonder if you and I could meet up as I have an idea for builing houses with two bedrooms and one hundred and tweny eight bathrooms.

It sounds an ideal way for you to offload all these excess baths you have.

Sure, but you will have to buy my bar first. I am making a killing with it :o

He was supposed to deliver work for me for 100,000 bath. And for the kind of work I was asking, it was a reasonable price, not cheap, but not expensive either. But the dude was so fuking lazy, all he wanted was "quick" cash. Too bad.

25,000 bath is really not much in a business deal. This is what I spend on drinks in one week alone when I go out in Bangkok. It was just annoying because I knew the guy for more than 6 months, and he was the employee of a company I contracted with. That company did deliver so they got my 100,000 bath

25,000 bath is really not much in a business deal. This is what I spend on drinks in one week alone when I go out in Bangkok.
Well, this story is nothing unusual. Actually I got scamed once, last year

only once??

Well, this story is nothing unusual. Actually I got scamed once, last year

only once??

Well, of course I am not including the scams in bars drinking, and bar fines :o

And I am always suspicious of people who say they never got scammed. They just didn't realize it yet :D

So what's your story ? how many times did you get scamed here ? and how much did you lose ?

overcharged by a restaurant on samui earlier this year.

down 20 baht.

not to worry though, i'm nearly over it.

I think that was the tip but you probably never tipped before :D

Gotta love farangs living in Thailand, always complaining about losing 20 baths :o

I met one who was a "financial adviser" who promised 15 to 20% returns on investment. He said he only worked three months of each year and spent the rest of the time enjoying himself - and that is why he was drunk. :o  :D
That's why I do my own investing and I get more than 20%  :D

Blimey - are you him?

Quote maerim;

What would a soap dodger know about BATHS

THIS IS FOR THE HARD OF READING

Quite a bit actually I also know that the unit of currency in Thailand is the Thai "BAHT" and not bath or baths.

Baths are used in the U.K. to keep coal in.

I also know that the unit of currency in Thailand is the Thai "BAHT" and not bath or baths.

Shame! You could've let this one run a bit longer. I was beginning to enjoy Butterfly's discomfort :o .

25,000 bath is really not much in a business deal. This is what I spend on drinks in one week alone when I go out in Bangkok.

Man, you drink a bottle of quality Scotch whisky every day or what ? :o

Regards,

Jem

I met one who was a "financial adviser" who promised 15 to 20% returns on investment. He said he only worked three months of each year and spent the rest of the time enjoying himself - and that is why he was drunk.
That's why I do my own investing and I get more than 20%  :o

Blimey - are you him?

Hehehe, maybe :D

Except I work 10 months per year and I am not a financial advisor :D

It's not unusual for people who do their own investing and know what they are doing, to get more than 20%, I am probably on the low scale here.

Of course there is always the CDs at 5.00% :D

Banks really enjoys ripping the suckers with their 5.00% fixed rate while making out like bandits on the spread.

I also know that the unit of currency in Thailand is the Thai "BAHT" and not bath or baths.

Shame! You could've let this one run a bit longer. I was beginning to enjoy Butterfly's discomfort :o .

If you think that a stupid mistype joke is discomfort then you need to get a real sense of humor :D

Are you bored in life ? :D

Man, you drink a bottle of quality Scotch whisky every day or what ? :D

Regards,

Jem

come on, that's only 3,500 bath per night. Don't tell me that you spend less than 1,500 bath per night when you go out ? actually is it possible to spend less than 1,000 bath per night in Bangkok and still have fun ? :o maybe if you only drink Santhip :D

come on, that's only 3,500 bath per night.

A proper man, most of us mortals get through life with one bath a night, wow.

I think you can start a carreer as a stand up comedian :D

You are going to make a killing with such humor :D

Of course you would need to stop your wonderful english teacher career :o

come on, that's only 3,500 bath per night.

A proper man, most of us mortals get through life with one bath a night, wow.

I think you can start a carreer as a stand up comedian :D

You are going to make a killing with such humor :D

Of course you would need to stop your wonderful english teacher career :D

Aye Butterfly , (welcome back btw) the new generation of posters frequently have me in stitches with their uncanny dimensioneless wit..... :o

Too many baths for a Brit Maerim

Wrong Doc, where would we keep all that coal for the ten month winter we have in those septic isles?

Same as friend of mine years ago he wanted to keep a pet goat in his bedroom.

I said what about the smell?

He said the goat will just have to get used to it.

You guys are a crack-up.

I haven't had this much fun since my grandmother died!

I am intrieged by the guy who isn't a financial advisor but sells his advice on how people can make money.

Keep it coming guys, it beats the crap out of cable.

:o