Re entry permit mistake at Don Muang

I returned back to Thailand last week after visiting my hometown and making a new passport. I showed the IO at Don Muang both my old and new passports. The IO didn't stamp "used" on the single re entry permit. 

A few days later I went to the local immigration office for transfer of my retirement visa into the new passport and gave them both old and new passports, they gave me a number card and asked me to return the next day to collect it. 

I returned to the room to discover that they transferred the visa and also gave me a multiple re entry stamp, a mistake as I originally had a single re entry and never had a multiple. 

Next week I will be traveling to Singapore for a few days. Should I return to the immigration office and point out the mistake, or should I chance it with the multiple stamp that was issued in error. Do airport immigration have details of re entry stamps on their system?  Any advice greatly appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I will be interested in experts replies. Seems like you have a multiple reentry by mistake/luck However if noticed somehow by imm you risk starting all over. Ummm

What you say sums it up. No more can be said about it. ( but bet the "experts will)

I would get it sorted. If the computer entry does not match the stamp there might be problems on leaving Thailand that render your Extension cancelled. Yes it is 3800 baht, yes maybe you get the opportunity to get a re-entry permit at the airport. Just remember, it will be your mistake as the IOs don't make any!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

Why do this? Can you just not wait till you next renew your extension?

Bad idea. Do it as soon as you can after getting your new PP.

To the OP, did they charge you 3800 baht for the new re-entry permit?

Edited by overherebc

A few years ago, entering Thailand on a retirement re-entry, Swampy Immigration mis-stamped my passport by a couple of days which I didn't notice. Three or four months later, when I went to Jomtien Immigration to get a new re-entry stamp, they discovered the mistake. The IO even admitted it was their (Swampy Immigration's) fault, but they wouldn't do anything about it.  This negated my "retirement visa" and I had to go through the whole extension of stay dance. With these clowns, it's always a crap shoot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sexyman said:

They did not charge me anything. It seems that because the IO didn't stamp "used" the clerk at immigration put the re entry stamp in again, but this time a multiple. 

In that case, I know it's a pain, go back and get it changed.

Had to do the run around at the airport luckily when I got 30 instead of 90 days and noticed it before I left. Before anyone jumps yes I did put the visa number on the TM 6 and wrote 90 days and said gowsip wan.

They still tried to make it feel like it was my fault asking them to correct it.

52 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Bad idea. Do it as soon as you can after getting your new PP.

To the OP, did they charge you 3800 baht for the new re-entry permit?

He had existing reentry permit TRANSFERED. The io made mistake and put multiple on it. He needs go to imm and have it canceled. He doesn't have a reentry permit anymore as is was used. Should not have had it transfered. He needs new reentry permit before flying to Singapore.

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He had existing reentry permit TRANSFERED. The io made mistake and put multiple on it. He needs go to imm and have it canceled. He doesn't have a reentry permit anymore as is was used. Should not have had it transfered. He needs new reentry permit before flying to Singapore.

Well yes. he answered me on that ( the 3800 baht ) so I said go to Imm' and get it sorted. 40 minutes ago.

Don't jump so fast.

Edited by overherebc