U.S. House Democrats introduce sweeping 'Medicare for All' bill

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"Americans are literally dying because they can't afford insulin or they can't get the cancer treatment they need," Jayapal said on a call with reporters on Tuesday.

Literally Dying. Literally.

Weird, why dont those people get obamacare? You know, that whole thing that the left (her party) forced through.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Whilst i like the genral idea (everybody must get healthcare in a civilized country, period), why does it have to be medicare for all?
Look at the Switzerland model, everybody must have healthcare, but from private insurers! If you can't pay the premiums, governement steps in (social security).
This way the americans can keep their beloved private companies, there is still competition amongst insurers, but they cannot refute anybody!
I think that would better fit the US than a NHS model.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

"Free at point of delivery" 

I find it rather funny that its phrased in that way. There certainly isnt anything free about it, yet the term is still injected into the subject. 

Politicians that tout medicare for all should show what their tax policy will be with these positions. Show people what its going to cost them, and be transparent about it. But they never do. 

It may not be "free", but if one has a severe illness like cancer it's a saviour not having to pay extra for anything. One cancer patient can cost thousands of pounds, and other than what they paid in national insurance ( if that's what it's called-  I forget ), and many don't pay anything being on the dole, it is "free" to all intents and purposes.

My country has "free" health care in hospital, but getting a referral to a public hospital costs ( GP fees which are high ) and apparently there is a long waiting list. For the rich there are private hospitals and quick service. Good health care is for the rich and the poor can go die quietly, thank you.