HelpX - Workaway - Wwoof

We have been doing Helpx, workaway, etc.. for over 11 years.

WHAT IT IS/Does:- Basically if someone chooses to work for you (in any capacity) they get free accommodation and free food in return. No CASH changes hands.

The current climate in Thailand, regarding foreigners does appear to be somewhat toxic. Although I accept, that "observation" is open to negotiation? Does anyone know (With some certainty) if we are breaking any laws. (And if possible, what laws?) When these "helpers" come to our home?? - We complete all the TM30 formalities.

I do not want to break the law AND I do not want to encourage any 'tourist" to break the law also.

This is what the OZ embassy says...

"To perform volunteer work.  A supporting letter from NGO in Thailand together with a copy of its registration certificate is required. (Category “O”)"

I am really not sure how to interpret these  things

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

I think that's not even a gray area by any stretch (unlike remote work) - anyone doing any kind of work locally needs a work permit. Even if they aren't compensated (e.g. volunteers), but your visitors are, just not in cash.

Yes I checked a few other sites, seems there is no wiggle room. Despite, no money involved. Sad really, these "were" great cultural exchanges.

First touched base in Thailand in 1967, but most of my time here was in the whole of the 90's. Bit scary in 1992, was in soi ngam duphli, during it's heyday, when that took place.

So many changes, some for the better and some not. Oh well