Phuket airport taxi driver in deadly wipeout still free to roam

webfact

Phuket airport taxi driver in deadly wipeout still free to roam

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1551516358_1-org.jpg

The scene of the wipeout accident on Oct 30 last year. Photo: Seang Prachachon Kon Phuket / Facebook

PHUKET: Four months after a Phuket airport taxi driver wiped out six cars and a motorbike, killing the motorbike driver in the process, while bringing a tourist from the airport, police still have yet to hand the case to the Phuket Public Prosecutor’s office to bring the charge to court.

The investigating officer, Lt Col Supon Mueangkai of Thalang Police, told The Phuket News yesterday (Mar 1), "I have charged the taxi driver, Marut Puangsombat, with reckless driving causing death and damage to property.

“I am still waiting to receive Mr Marut’s criminal record, after which I will send the case file to the public prosecutor to begin the court process,” Col Supon added.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-taxi-driver-in-deadly-wipeout-still-free-to-roam-70573.php#MSUaUVqs7g7WFSWs.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-04
  • Haha 1

Come on Big Joke where are you to sort this cr.p out. Seems like a perfect opportunity for you to to benefit from this appalling process of snails pace.

Still not appeared in court !!!!!!!!!!!! Is this guy walking about and driving freely?

Dangerous driving occasioning death - manslaughter seems an appropriate conviction if found negligent without extenuating circumstances.   What a farce Thai law and its delivery is ... Am In way out of line as a dumb falang, is this too strong an opinion? 

• Like 1