Big Joke: E-cigarettes are bad for you and they are illegal

webfact

Thank you Professor Joke, shame really that many countries see vaping as a good way to go to wean smokers off the habit, I am an ex smoker but don't belittle those who wish to continue, their health their problem, who am I to criticize anyone ?

Anyway, glad you got your professorship in public health, way to go big man ????

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it is illegal. 

But it said on TV it was OK Your Honour.  Good luck with your defense, if you need a great lawyer I have a mate who knows everything...

8 hours ago, SammyT said:

So are normal smokes, so why are they still legal?

Normal smokes are very dangerous, to both the smokers and those around them. However, they are sold by the Thai government tobacco monopoly. E cigarettes are not. Therefore they are dangerous. It is imperative that we all abide by the rampant nationalism being promoted by this hapless administration. To not do so, is dangerous to our health and well being. As usual, Big Joke is showing what he is really and truly made of. Anyone who buys his act, does so at their own peril, and demonstrates an astonishing degree of naivety. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"Tell the people that e-cigarettes are illegal. And smoking them is bad for your health".

They maybe illegal in Thailand, but they are 95% better than the product supplied by the Thai Tobacco Monopoly.

At the end of the day the French lady fell foul of the law by not paying the Baht 40k extortion fee...extortion is also illegal by the way ????

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

so now you are contradicting your previous statement regarding JUUL lol...

How is that? what Juul did in 2015 is NOT what Juul does now, so how am i contradicting myself?

30 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

I must say personally I am an ex-smoker and would rather be stood next to someone smoking a cigaret than someone vaping, as the cloud of smoke that people vaping exhale far exceeds someone smoking a cigarette and I personally find it repulsive.

Hope you also keep away from bakeries and fruit shops, as it also has the same repulsive smell of fruits or sweets,which is gone in seconds and leaves no residue what so ever

The guy is an absolute clueless a234

of course they are bad for you but are they as bad as normals no not by a longbway

thailand should be moving to get smokers off normal and intone-cigs

jyst proves again and again how little capacity these coconuts have in them

letsnignore all the research and all the evidence that show there is at least a 95% healthier option than normal fags and let’s just keep ensures our people only have the option to take the more deadly route

when will this place learn Tortola bs as always

8 hours ago, BestB said:

what is more ironic is that he is the boss of immigration and last time I checked immigration had nothing to do with raiding shops for illegal products 

one might start to think BJ is the boss of all police as he is involved in all sectors of it from immigration to road blocks 

HERE is the mans official title, and NO, not ONLY Immigration boss!
"Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn, in his capacity as deputy chief of the Action Taskforce for Information Technology Crime Suppression, told reporters that the arrests were made at several night markets last night."

37 minutes ago, Neilly said:

They maybe illegal in Thailand, but they are 95% better than the product supplied by the Thai Tobacco Monopoly.

At the end of the day the French lady fell foul of the law by not paying the Baht 40k extortion fee...extortion is also illegal by the way ????

Agree about the "normal" sigs, but the French womans bill ended up at THB 240K, acc to an other thread at TV...

8 minutes ago, pellets said:

HERE is the mans official title, and NO, not ONLY Immigration boss!
"Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn, in his capacity as deputy chief of the Action Taskforce for Information Technology Crime Suppression, told reporters that the arrests were made at several night markets last night."

Awesome and what does information technology has to do with shop raids or road blocks?

8 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Well, unless that has changed it contradicts what others have said very recently. I have read on here and heard from someone else they were stopped by the police with one, the police wanted a bribe or they threaten to take you to the station. However, there isn't then actually anything they can do at the station as there is no law to say having an e - cig is a crime. 

IF you know the smallest thing about Thai law, you would know these has been illegal since 2014...
I`m a non smoker non "vaper" and I knew that well...

41 minutes ago, car720 said:

easier to tax.

So is vaping , problem is they do not know how to tax it , tax it as tobacco or electronics? Also for ejuice , some do not contain nicotine , just flavoured oils 

Just now, pellets said:

IF you know the smallest thing about Thai law, you would know these has been illegal since 2014...
I`m a non smoker non "vaper" and I knew that well...

Not too sure what Thai law has to do with latest order. So fairly safe to assume you know nothing about Thai law or may just have problems expressing yourself . But reading and keeping up to date with latest stupidity is another matter. Being reborn under different user name is just a miracle ????????

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Why is an immigration officer doing raids for e cigs, no passengers to process at arrivals/departures

Uhummm, a LITTLE higher than that... I actually think he is the highest or in second, for WHOLE Thailand.

Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn, in his capacity as deputy chief of the Action Taskforce for Information Technology Crime Suppression, told reporters that the arrests were made at several night markets last night.

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I can cite 20+ studies and presentations in the past year which all  discuss the damage done and  harmful effects of vaping. Those who claim there are no harmful  effects have a vested interest. The positions adopted by some health agencies that vaping was less harmful than heavy cigarette smoking have been taken out of context. What they said was common sense: If vaping could be used as a smoking cessation  tool then it was less damaging than continuing to smoke cigarettes. No one has greenlighted the activity, nor the  dangerous chemicals  used,

THANK you biiig for putting words on something SOME (but sadly, very few) of us knew / understand already.
The hardest job will be to make people lift their head up from the Chang bottle, and make them try to understand the realities...

8 minutes ago, pellets said:

THANK you biiig for putting words on something SOME (but sadly, very few) of us knew / understand already.
The hardest job will be to make people lift their head up from the Chang bottle, and make them try to understand the realities...

Why do not you tell me the realities as you self proclaim to know and understand .

here is one for you , vaping is less harmful than smoking by 95%, 

no no one ever claimed vaping was harmless but a better alternative to smoking .

now you tell me your realities with 10 studies to which you concur 

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The BS  is your dismissal of substantiated scientific fact. You cannot  cite one recent peer reviewed public health study that backs up your position.

As for your claim that  ecigarettes are 95% less harmful, you are lying. Provide the established data that substantiates  your claim.  You don't even know what is in the liquids used, so how can you even claim they are not harmful.  Yes  a .38cal bullet fired from 100m is less harmful than a tossed grenade at 50 m. However, the  bullet can still be lethal sometimes.

Thailand is doing the right thing and it is supported by public health professionals around the world. Vaping is  harmful and causes serious and significant lung damage.

Let's face facts - you know very little personally about the harm caused by vaping but pretend you do in order to support the extremist position taken by BJ and the Thai government. Stop your scaremongering and do what you suggest others do with the views they espouse - produce proof for your claim that vaping is as harmful as smoking cigarettes.

Archived