Guidance for NEW Non O married inside Thailand

Aware there have been changes since last one a decade ago so any practical information welcome.

No problem with funds. I still have over 6 months on non O married issued abroad but due to health wish to deal with local office until I die.

I read here on many posts 400k must be in a solo account in a Thai bank , no problem can open that tomorrow.

However our local office requests 3 months is this the law I thought I read here it was 2 months, confronting officials one of whom is one of my neighbours is seldom productive.

In addition to bankbook , do they want a letter dated same day as my bank is 100 km from immigration .

Will map and  photos used last time be acceptable or will new ones be required?

My wife has asked them but of course they will put nothing in writing.

On the basis of personal experience of the officers I realize they are down the tea money route, but I'd sooner go outside thailand than end up in that relationship with neighbours.

Once application accepted can I get a 60 day extension as before.

If I need to leave Thailand , which is quite likely during the 60 day process do I buy a re entry permit from them or at airport?

Thanks in advance for any factual responses

8 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I read here on many posts 400k must be in a solo account in a Thai bank , no problem can open that tomorrow.

However our local office requests 3 months is this the law I thought I read here it was 2 months, confronting officials one of whom is one of my neighbours is seldom productive.

The regulations state 2 months prior to the date of application.

9 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

In addition to bankbook , do they want a letter dated same day as my bank is 100 km from immigration .

Will map and  photos used last time be acceptable or will new ones be required?

My wife has asked them but of course they will put nothing in writing.

On the basis of personal experience of the officers I realize they are down the tea money route, but I'd sooner go outside thailand than end up in that relationship with neighbours.

Update bankbook + bank letter dated same day as application.

You can obtain the letter at any branch of your bank.

Depends how long ago you last provided map and photo's.

13 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Once application accepted can I get a 60 day extension as before.

It's a 1 year extension (permit) to stay, you make 90 day reports to your IO.

60 day extension is only available to Visas.

15 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

If I need to leave Thailand , which is quite likely during the 60 day process do I buy a re entry permit from them or at airport?

Much easier to purchase while making your application at your IO.

Single re-entry 1,000 baht, multiple 3,800 baht.

While I understand that it is 2 months on the books I am wondering if in OPS case it might be better if possible to have it in for 3 months just to make nice with immigration and his neighbor.  While op might win the battle there are so many other things that they can do to make life miserable.

14 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Yep. 2 months in the bank before applying.

The rules say 2 months, some offices require 3 months.

If your office says 3 months it is better not to fight them.

They have the right to require any other documents they want and fighting for 2 months could trigger more document requests.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Have they stopped 60 day extensions based on marriage?, I have had course to apply for them over the years here. One was back in 2010 when the red shirts had surrounded the British Embassy and couldn't get an income letter.