Partner of French Islamist who stabbed prison guards dies after police raid

webfact

Partner of French Islamist who stabbed prison guards dies after police raid

2019-03-05T223449Z_1_LYNXNPEF241PY_RTROPTP_4_FRANCE-SECURITY.JPG

French police take position outside the prison where an inmate in one of France's most secure prisons stabbed two guards with a knife in Conde-sur-Sarthe, France, March 5, 2019. REUTERS/Benoit Tessier

CONDE-SUR-SARTHE, France (Reuters) - The partner of a French prison inmate was killed by police on Tuesday after they stabbed two guards in an attack the government called a terrorist incident.

After the stabbing, the couple barricaded themselves in a room used for family visits in the top security jail in Conde-sur-Sarthe, northern France for ten hours before police stormed the room, anti-terrorist prosecutor Remy Heitz said.

A source from the prison guards union said the woman, who was not named, was shot.

She was visiting her companion, named as Michael Chiolo and serving a 30-year sentence for armed robbery, kidnapping and murder, when the attack took place.

Heitz said Chiolo, who was slightly wounded by police, shouted Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest) during the stabbing.

"(He) said he wanted to avenge Cherif Chekatt," Heitz told reporters. "He said he was wearing an explosive belt and threatened to use it." The belt turned out to be fake.

Chekatt killed five in a terrorism attack in Strasbourg in December.

French prisons have been fertile breeding grounds for the spreading of radical Islamist ideas. Most of those responsible for a series of attacks that have hit the country in recent years had spent time in jail before striking, and radicalized inmates have repeatedly attacked guards.

Justice Minister Nicole Belloubet earlier said she understood the prisoner was on a security agencies watch list of potential threats because of his suspected Islamist sympathies.

"There is no doubt about the terrorist nature of this attack," Belloubet told reporters.

She said an investigation was under way into how Chiolo's companion was able to smuggle a ceramic kitchen knife into the prison.

While in the prison, Chiolo was convicted of publicly condoning terrorism.

(Reporting by Benoit Tessier in Conde-sur-Sarthe, Emmanuel Jarry, Richard Lough and Inti Landauro in Paris; Editing by Janet Lawrence)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-03-06

Surely the death sentence would be a fair punishment for any of these retards, after all they have a few virgins waiting for them in heaven...

Failing that, feed him a pork sausage while you cut his hands off; see how Jihady the scum is then...

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MARK74 said:

"French prisons have been fertile breeding grounds for the spreading of radical Islamist ideas"

a pattern across europe no doubt. any government with any foresight could see all this shit happening a long time ago

Well, governments cannot have a foresight as they are all controlled by elitist powers who forced the Islam upon Europe. And PC is a mother.

6 hours ago, MARK74 said:

"French prisons have been fertile breeding grounds for the spreading of radical Islamist ideas"

a pattern across europe no doubt. any government with any foresight could see all this shit happening a long time ago

Yep. But it was considered PC to pretend everything was honky dory and hope that placating the Islamist population would mean they'd not radicalize. How wrong they were.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

You seem a little confused, the CIA inflicted the likes of Saddam and Gadaffi on "them" decades before "they" brought any terror to "us".

Good point but I do believe the kingdom of heaven goes back well beyond that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

RIP, not all Muslims are radicalized and they shouldnt all be lumped together as terrorists. Those that are terrorists deserve whatever lawful punishment is applicable.

Tired of this "not all Muslims" apologist bs.

Listen to this and get back to me.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2019 at 10:53 PM, webfact said:

the couple barricaded themselves in a room used for family visits

Is that the room that should be called the "making family" room??? :whistling:

Those Froggies have all the mod cons...

Whatever, I will choose not to condemn billions of muslims because of thousands of radicalised terrorists.
Well i lived and worked with them for many years,so i feel i can comment,as an "unbeliever" there are none, that i would trust,we are as nothing to the vast majority of them

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Whatever, I will choose not to condemn billions of muslims because of thousands of radicalised terrorists.

You didnt understand anything in that video, did you?

And your reply of "whatever" shows me you have a complete head-in-the-sand attitude towards the horrors of Islam.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

8 minutes ago, H1w4yR1da said:

You didnt understand anything in that video, did you?

And your reply of "whatever" shows me you have a complete head-in-the-sand attitude towards the horrors of Islam.

I didnt watch your video. I make my own decisions based on reality, not media sensationalism. Have a nice day.