SCB letter for retirement visa

Has anybody here got a letter from SCB for retirement visa purpose?

How much do they charge and can a letter cover more than one SCB accounts eg. both FD and savings?

Does SCB allow printing a 'balance forward' on the fixed deposit book one day before application?

It's 300 Baht for the letter. I don't know what you mean by printing a balance forward. The letter states what the current balance is on the day the letter is written and is valid for 7 days for immigration purposes.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

How much do they charge and can a letter cover more than one SCB accounts eg. both FD and savings?

Two separate letters, one for each account.

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

Does SCB allow printing a 'balance forward' on the fixed deposit book one day before application?

Just ask them to update your passbooks to get the 'balance brought forward' to the current date.

A lot of Immigration offices insist on the letters and passbooks are dated the same day as the application.

• Thanks 1

Just ask them to update your passbooks to get the 'balance brought forward' to the current date.
A lot of Immigration offices insist on the letters and passbooks are dated the same day as the application.
What is your evidence that some immigration offices insist it is done on the day of the application? It clearly states in a police immigration notice that the letter is valid for 7 days before the application date.

8 minutes ago, trd said:

What is your evidence that some immigration offices insist it is done on the day of the application? It clearly states in a police immigration notice that the letter is valid for 7 days before the application date.

It varies from office to office.

Bangkok immigration want the letter done on the date you apply and the bank book updated on the same day also.

Others want the letter to be no older the day before.

• Like 2

The letter is 200 Baht.

One letter for each account.

Most immigration offices want it dated the day before or on the actual date.

Both accounts would have to be updated at the same time as the letters are issued.

Make a small deposit.

Edited by Justin Side

17 minutes ago, trd said:
21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Personal experience and a requirement my IO and many reports of the same at various offices.

Hello Eric,
SCB, from HUA HIN. current account (not blocked)
My last experience in May 2018
The day before the extension, 27/05/18
- 1 letter justifying an income of more than 800 000 for more than 3 months and corresponding to the booklet.
- 1 bank statement since transfer "foreign" bank to "thailand" bank and on 27/05/18
- 1 proof of transfer "foreign" bank to "Thai" bank with name of the bank, the sum in euros and baht, commission, date, time etc.
TOTAL = 200 B with receipt.
To see, for the next time

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, trd said:

It's 300 Baht for the letter. I don't know what you mean by printing a balance forward. The letter states what the current balance is on the day the letter is written and is valid for 7 days for immigration purposes.

Wow. That's 3 times more expensive than Bangkok Bank which is just 100 baht

2 hours ago, sirocco said:

Hello Eric,
SCB, from HUA HIN. current account (not blocked)
My last experience in May 2018
The day before the extension, 27/05/18
- 1 letter justifying an income of more than 800 000 for more than 3 months and corresponding to the booklet.
- 1 bank statement since transfer "foreign" bank to "thailand" bank and on 27/05/18
- 1 proof of transfer "foreign" bank to "Thai" bank with name of the bank, the sum in euros and baht, commission, date, time etc.
TOTAL = 200 B with receipt.
To see, for the next time

Somebody just posted he paid 300 Baht.

I don't  need any bank statement or proof of transfer.

4 minutes ago, trd said:
7 minutes ago, EricTh said:
Wow. That's 3 times more expensive than Bangkok Bank which is just 100 baht

I'll have to go without food for a few days!

Poor guy....You must eat very little per day. 

I am not sure whether the higher interest we earned from SCB (when compared with Bangkok Bank) more than offset this higher cost of letter.

I'll do the maths later.

Edited by EricTh

1 minute ago, trd said:
2 minutes ago, akampa said:
I just completed my extension of stay  but I only paid 200 baht for my letter at SCB.

Just think what you could do with all that money you saved. You could buy a beer!

I did not save any money as that was the fee charged for the letter.

Every time I had a letter from SCB, I paid 200 bahts ( in different branches, during these last years ) , with a statement with a fixed deposit and an update the same day when a saving deposit 

38 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Are you talking about the letter for thiose using the 800k method, or the special statement of foreign remittances for those using income method?

It's the 800k fixed deposit method.