how to get recidency certificate

hi for all,

i live at pattaya and staying at a hotel currently  but will move to a condo  this wek. i want to pay rent monthly. i plan to stay in a condo such as vt6 and rent it with one of offices that located downstairs such as pat42 or honey.

as well as i read, i wil need  Lease Agreement .

these kind of agencies can provide  me , lease agreement or only landlord can do it ?

And second, can i get residency certificate with 1-2 months lease agreement ?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by kiever

hi for all,

i live at pattaya and staying at a hotel currently  but will move to a condo  this wek. i want to pay rent monthly. i plan to stay in a condo such as vt6 and rent it with one of offices that located downstairs such as pat42 or honey.

as well as i read, i wil need  Lease Agreement .

these kind of agencies can provide  me , lease agreement or only landlord can do it ?

And second, can i get residency certificate with 1-2 months lease agreement ?

Thanks in advance 
Depends where your immigration office is, i got a few years ago i got a residence cert just using a hotel bill and card. A 2 month condo contract would usually be ok, but not for Bangkok it seems

You can only go and ask them. 

I use Jomtiem and last time I was after a residency certificate they struck me as less than compliant. They will want to know what you require it for. That in itself may add to the list of requirements, 

Unbelievable. I get mine from the US counsulate if I couldn’t it would be hard for me as it involves 4-6 weeks for a free one from CM Immigration or I think 1000 baht through an agent. Technically I can’t do that as it is illegal under US law to pay a bribe a foreign public official.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kiever said:

Here is a link to a bilingual (English/Thai) rental agreement you might want to use. https://slice-of-thai.com/rental/

(Note: I have nothing to do with that site or that rental agreement.)

As long as you and your landlord are happy with it, it should be suitable.

Once you have the "address" you should try to get some utilities (cable/internet/electricity) set up in your name. When I need a Residency Certificate I usually go to Jomtien (Desk 9 now) with a couple of bills (I'd make a photocopy with the address portion of my internet, electricity and cable bill) as well as the photocopies of my passport (facepage and page my most recent Extension stamp).

These days it costs 300 baht if you want it right away (within 20 minutes) though technically it is supposed to be free (but could take a week to process in that case).

These days it costs 300 baht if you want it right away (within 20 minutes) though technically it is supposed to be free (but could take a week to process in that case).

Last week at Jomtien, once you get your number, took me 30 mins to be called, then when they process they say come back in an hour, 300 baht. You need 2 photos

Soi 5 Immigration. Fill in the form and provide the photos. 300 baht last October. The only issue I can see for you is you will have to show that you have submitted your TM 30 (the hotel would have done that) and you will need a copy from them. I would wait until you move to your new condo. Just confirm with them that they will submit the TM30 within 24 hours of moving in. They will give you a copy, or you can do it as the housemaster with the lease agreement.

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You can only go and ask them. 

I use Jomtiem and last time I was after a residency certificate they struck me as less than compliant. They will want to know what you require it for. That in itself may add to the list of requirements, 

You could say for getting a driving license or opening a bank account. Both valid reasons.

6 hours ago, wolf81 said:

You could say for getting a driving license or opening a bank account. Both valid reasons.

I made a mistake and told the truth.

The latter would surprise them after so many years.