Thousands calling the "Ganja Hotline" - 85 admit to possession

rooster59

Thousands calling the "Ganja Hotline" - 85 admit to possession

59-3.jpg

Image: INN

The secretary of the Food and Drug Administration revealed to the Thai press that getting on for 4,000 people had phoned a ganja information hotline and admitted to possessing the drug. 

The calls follow changes in legislation regarding marijuana.

Dr Tharet Kratsanairawiwong said most people asked about growing it, importing it and the current legal position. 

He said that this last week 1,563 people called the administration's 1556 information hotline with 87 contacting another number and 6 appearing in person at counter service. 

Seventy four people responded to the amnesty by reporting that they possessed the drug. Of these 68 said they were sick and 6 were business operators. 

In total since calls were made from February 27th some 3,653 people had phoned in with 85 admitting to possessing the drug.

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-09

Hello, my name is Stoopid N. Gullible. You don't know me, but I just wanted to call and let you know that I smoke ganja and I happen to have some in my possession right now.

You forgive me?.....Gee thanks

What's my address?....well it's...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The secretary of the Food and Drug Administration revealed to the Thai press that getting on for 4,000 people had phoned a ganja information hotline and admitted to possessing the drug. 

I fail to see the upside to admitting to possession and use.  And the 'catch' is???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, connda said:

I fail to see the upside to admitting to possession and use.  And the 'catch' is???

Maybe they're taking a page out of Mao's Little Red Book.

"Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend."

Then lock 'em up!

• Like 1