Why do TVF Expats so dislike other expats?

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My wife and my gf get upset if I do more than 5 others a year.

And since my pal caught AIDs, I've been a bit put off playing away.

Knowing the probabilities of the various routes by which HIV can infect, IMHO your pal was either very unlucky, or living dangerously.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, transam said:

So you don't liv 'ere........????

I do and I have quite a few Thai men I can genuinely call friends. 

Must admit to not having many western friends,  three at most,  simply because they aren't that many around here. I'm a pretty easy going sort of bloke and have no problem with people generally. 

Edit to add: I draw the line at people from the UK.  Biggest bunch of whingers I've ever met here and in Australia over the decades. 

Edited by emptypockets

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I do and I have quite a few Thai men I can genuinely call friends. 

Must admit to not having many western friends,  three at most,  simply because they aren't that many around here. I'm a pretty easy going sort of bloke and have no problem with people generally. 

Then I think you aught to read your post I replied too....????

20 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I'm a house husband.  Wife works at a factory in the daytime and I take care of the house, laundry, cooking, dog walking and updating the computers and such.  We go out 3 times a week and I shop twice a week and go out daily for walks and chatting with the locals and at the foreign beer pub that's too expensive for most expats doing the income method.  I'm fine with the change from rambling boy to house husband.  But it does give me time to read Thai Visa. 

TMI .......  i prefer to think of you in emperor's clothes being fed somtam as you dictate your posts to some

barefoot isaan nymph

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JWRC said:

Expats, I take it you are referring to male expats? I hate being tarred with the same brush.

So you are female ?   I am sure there are many here that have a variety of brushes they could use with you

(please enclose photo)......    I for one always change the brush after each tarring.

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't actually dislike anyone, however there are some on here who are overly opinionated and believe that they are the font of all knowledge and therefore never questioned as to what they believe to be last word on any subject and take offence if they are questioned on the validity of their replies.

Then there also exists the poster who is just downright ignorant, obtuse and rude, they have no compassion or empathy for their fellow human beings and again disagree vehemently when their lack of compassion is called out, I have had many posts deleted by mods (this is not a criticism) when I have responded with like minded messages, I know one or two members personally and have had good chats via PM with many others, why anyone wants to attack another poster verbally I do not know, but maybe there should be more muting of members who continually attack others, that way they will learn to moderate their attitude in the future.

Healthy debate is fine, abuse is not. 

Ah yes.."muting"....your opponents.

Now where did you learn that from,I wonder?

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't actually dislike anyone, however there are some on here who are overly opinionated and believe that they are the font of all knowledge and therefore never questioned as to what they believe to be last word on any subject and take offence if they are questioned on the validity of their replies.

IMO .... ???? .....  it is usually these guys who are the ones that say something negative than try to blame the other person when he defends himself.   they are quite good at disguising their attacks with certain catchwords said as generalizations but are used to denigrate another's point of view.   I know there is the ignore option,  but sometimes I just want to duel it out.  Never any winners, of course.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I think this particular poster that your refer to is steeped in the British tradition of "black humour" ... it's supposed to be interpreted as a joke and not taken literally. Might be difficult for a non-Brit to understand if you are not raised with it. 

if that's the case, to avoid misunderstandings and bashing,  it should have been written on the title

7 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Agree...

An American that I knew used to kept "open house" with the booze flowing (he died of chronic alcholism) and went to meet his maker..

Do you know how many of his foreign fellow boozers went to his funeral?

None.

Only my wife and I attended and that was to acknowledge the passing of an American veteran of the wars...

Only the U.S Embassy,and some Thai's attended (plus me-and I am an Aussie)

Reminds me of the end of The Great Gatsby.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

It's the way they look, speak and behave. Used to be a much higher quality of farang here 30 plus years ago, and a much better relationship with Thais.

There used to be a higher quality of people 30 years ago in the West.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

A lot? Oh, how you Aussies minimize things.....

It's possibly a reaction to the US tendency to maximize everything from food servings to vehicles. That's why Aussies refer to American cars as Yank Tanks.

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's possibly a reaction to the US tendency to maximize everything from food servings to vehicles. That's why Aussies refer to American cars as Yank Tanks.

When you be the biggest and the baddest..... ????

13 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

When you be the biggest and the baddest..... ????

Not at all. We prefer to be modest about our country and achievements, to avoid embarrassing other nationalities.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not at all. We prefer to be modest about our country and achievements, to avoid embarrassing other nationalities.

Good technique, us Americans are braggerts, but hey, its good to remind the lessers. You Ozzies are OK, you are almost Americans, except for that hideous mumble you call Australian English.

You guys are close to Penguins too. I think Penguins are totally cool. Id love to be a Penguin wrangler.

4 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Yeah, I'm sure she loves her time at the factory. 

She builds 500 ton pieces of equipment and ships them all over the world.  I realize you were trying to imply that my wife is a prostitute but you are a good example of the caliber of man that make up the expat population.  Who on earth else would call a mans wife a prostitute especially when never having met her.  

• Thanks 1